Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys!

For those of you who have a 19+ 6MT. Do you guys hear a hissing sound from the transmission at around 2-3k RPM?

Mine does it and goes away over 3k RPM.
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Interesting. Here's why: I installed a B&M shifter in my '94 Z-28 and at some rpm it made a sort of hissing sound that was really a soft rattle. As far as I could figure the sound came from the stiffer bushing between the shifter and the linkage.

With the (reported) improved shifting of the '19 I wonder if a stiffer bushing was part of the upgrade? I can feel some transmission vibration in the shifter and from what I read the earlier ones may have been too isolated to do that. It's just a guess but the best one you have so far. ;)

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Interesting. Here's why: I installed a B&M shifter in my '94 Z-28 and at some rpm it made a sort of hissing sound that was really a soft rattle. As far as I could figure the sound came from the stiffer bushing between the shifter and the linkage.

With the (reported) improved shifting of the '19 I wonder if a stiffer bushing was part of the upgrade? I can feel some transmission vibration in the shifter and from what I read the earlier ones may have been too isolated to do that. It's just a guess but the best one you have so far. ;)
Is yours doing it as well?

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Is yours doing it as well?
I haven't noticed any hissing but I only have 250 miles on the car and I usually have the radio on (or the active exhaust cranked up). I will try to listen for it next time I drive it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Well I took it to the dealer and the service manager went out on a ride with me and immediately said that it was not normal. Car was taken in and told me it will be a couple of days. My lease was interesting.... I received a 2019 F250 and I have zero complaints lol

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Hey guys!

For those of you who have a 19+ 6MT. Do you guys hear a hissing sound from the transmission at around 2-3k RPM?

Mine does it and goes away over 3k RPM.
Mine does this too...

Please report back with their findings.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Mine does this too...

Please report back with their findings.
Take it to the shop. It's always worth getting it on record, because once warranty falls off and then something is wrong with the part they can still replace it even though its out of warranty. Only because it was on record before hand and they failed to address it properly.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a rattle/vibration in the same 2-3k rpm range in my ā€˜19 GT MT82. Legit sounds like something has come loose and just vibrates away. Taking car in next week to diagnose.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
So I got some news from the dealer. They said thereā€™s some issues with the transmission and they are placing a PACO request (I think thatā€™s what they called it) and they are supposedly getting me a different transmission that is a revisioned version of the current one that has some of the kinks ironed out.

The dealer I went to was in Maitland, FL called Peacock Ford and I gotta say I was really impressed with their service.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
So I got some news from the dealer. They said thereā€™s some issues with the transmission and they are placing a PACO request (I think thatā€™s what they called it) and they are supposedly getting me a different transmission that is a revisioned version of the current one that has some of the kinks ironed out.

The dealer I went to was in Maitland, FL called Peacock Ford and I gotta say I was really impressed with their service.
Yes when mine blew last month one of the options was getting a new one from Ford that the dealer mentioned had been re-engineered by Ford. He didnā€™t know exactly what this entailed. I saw someone post a pic here in one of the threads that showed the shift forks from the old ones and new ones and there was a big difference.

Because of the national backorder on the transmissions they ended up pulling a new one from a car on their lot with a March 2019 build date and the feeling is night and day. More defined shifts and not as sloppy and loose as my last one that went boom.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yes when mine blew last month one of the options was getting a new one from Ford that the dealer mentioned had been re-engineered by Ford. He didnā€™t know exactly what this entailed. I saw someone post a pic here in one of the threads that showed the shift forks from the old ones and new ones and there was a big difference.

Because of the national backorder on the transmissions they ended up pulling a new one from a car on their lot with a March 2019 build date and the feeling is night and day. More defined shifts and not as sloppy and loose as my last one that went boom.
Well Iā€™m excited to see the difference. I wasnā€™t to fond of my original transmission. I got gear lockout a lot and it felt sloppy. I had them also install my steeda steel braided clutch line as well.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I shouldā€™ve had them replace my line too. But they prob wouldnā€™t have since I asked them to put Amsoil in it for me and they said no.

Let us know how it feels once you get it back.

Another thing I noticed after getting mine back. The clutch pedal feels so much better. I complained a lot previously about how spongy and light the clutch felt in comparison to previous Mustangs Iā€™ve owned. I love a hard clutch compared to how mine was even with the Steeda spring. Now? Much much better. I guess mine had air in it before from the factory and when they bled it this time it helped it a lot.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

I'd hate to be the guy that bought a car that has already had a tranny swap on it.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd hate to be the guy that bought a car that has already had a tranny swap on it.
Yep. I wonder if it'll show on a paper trail.

It was funny bc the service manager thought I was going to ask for a buy back and I said well all I'd do is walk out to your lot and pick out the exact same car (except I'd go 401A vs 400A) so if you'd be willing to yank one off the lot that has been built recently and not in 2018 I'll take it. Ford approved them to do that almost instantly.
Sponsored