Sponsored

So much suck for Zander13

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have done a 30 min+ video of the steps I did :p on the decimal I have so far made 0.08 USD on it lol

as a note I make the videos to hopefully spread some knowledge (and because it's fun) not in it for the money obviously haha
Oh ya, I've seen a few of your videos, keep up the good work. I'm actually good friends with Jonathan Morrison, and Casey Neistat, so I tend to shoot and edit in their style. Im not as good as you as being informative, my stuff had more of an artistic style. I sub'd your channel.
Sponsored

Redskull

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
So... I watched a bit of that video...and that guy literally begged the viewers for money multiple times...
I run a YouTube channel as well... bigger than his and I have never begged my viewers for money...

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Uh guys...I'm out of money and need some gas.

I know I know, what business do I have owning and insuring a $45k car if I cant afford all aspects of ownership. But hey, if you have one then its my right to own one right? So please send money...:thumbsdown:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Youtube is a business, plain and simple. Some refer to it as a hobby to share content or give instruction, others are trying to turn it into an full time income stream. Is there drama, yes. Is it not always genuine, yes. But realistically speaking, when have you ever gone into a traditional business, lets say, a car dealer and heard 24/7 facts and honesty? It is what it is. Some here take it too serious. Its mostly entertainment for those with time to watch, nothing more ... Just my opinion. I also wouldn't subscribe to someone who openly asks for donations, unless I feel they are being unjustly targeted and demonetized by YT; none of which I've seen from an automotive platform.

As for Zander breaking down ... yeah, that sucks. But he's trying to put himself in a place to get views and in doing so, bad things can happen. You have to pay to play I guess. It's certainly not for me.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much.

Haha that's like two of the bigger YouTubers out there :D.

I love Caseys editing and footage! I would like to do my videso like that but don't have the skill and the time it would take I guess :(

What is your channel

Oh ya, I've seen a few of your videos, keep up the good work. I'm actually good friends with Jonathan Morrison, and Casey Neistat, so I tend to shoot and edit in their style. Im not as good as you as being informative, my stuff had more of an artistic style. I sub'd your channel.

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thank you so much.

I love Caseys editing and footage! I would like to do my videso like that but don't have the skill and the time it would take I guess :(

What is your channel
I closed my channel, when I opened up my FBA business, but I'm going to start it up again, but yes, I've personally known both of them for a long time.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thank you so much.

What is your channel
I sent you a pm on cameras. I love the sony a6400 with the 10-18 lens for vlogging.
F96006F0-2212-4861-8C99-66F34C140506.jpeg

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
I've never bought any merch from him. I highly doubt anyone here has either. I subscribed for about a month until I got fet-up of the clickbait titles of his videos and how immature an uneducated he sounds when he talks cars and racing. I'm by no means an authority on these subjects, but he just sounds so.....not knowing what the fuck he is talking about. He doesn't even work on his own cars at all. Also, taking his camera from dealership to dealership pretending to buy cars got old really fast. He is desperately trying to be the next 'Tall Guy Car Reviews'. I really don't think he earns that much from youtube. Maybe he breaks 40K a year or so... From what I can tell, he still lives at home with mom and dad and doesn't own any hard assets.

Yeah, I saw that video too. He didn't seem to know how financing worked, let alone any negotiation skills. Funny thing is he was interviewed on another youtuber's channel taking a question on how he could afford a Challenger Hellcat and a new 18' GT at such a young age. He gave some extremely vague answer of playing the stock market and investing in pharmaceutical companies. It was at that point I wished the interviewer asked him if he made more money in a Bear market vs a Bull market, just to call him out on it. I personally think he just inherited some money from a dead relative and he is just burning through the cash. I'll check his channel out again in a few years and see if he owns these cars.
Ron (motortube) Is literally one of the dumbest people I've ever spoken too. He's local to us and the kid knows nothings. If you want to cringe, watch some of his early videos where he walked around Alternative Auto (My fiancé's dad's shop) just fishing for content and he has no idea what anything is on cars. BUT as far the financing stuff goes, my fiancé and he got their cars around the same time. Both 401a autos, he only had the PP1 package added. Same terms etc, but his payment was damn near double hers because his interest rate was SO terrible.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Youtube is a business, plain and simple. Some refer to it as a hobby to share content or give instruction, others are trying to turn it into an full time income stream. Is there drama, yes. Is it not always genuine, yes. But realistically speaking, when have you ever gone into a traditional business, lets say, a car dealer and heard 24/7 facts and honesty? It is what it is. Some here take it too serious. Its mostly entertainment for those with time to watch, nothing more ... Just my opinion. I also wouldn't subscribe to someone who openly asks for donations, unless I feel they are being unjustly targeted and demonetized by YT; none of which I've seen from an automotive platform.

As for Zander breaking down ... yeah, that sucks. But he's trying to put himself in a place to get views and in doing so, bad things can happen. You have to pay to play I guess. It's certainly not for me.
I did it cause in old bored and swapped platforms...I enjoy smashing my car and like to top shop I moved to a new town dont know a lot of people and certainly no Ford crowd...I'm giving and fishing for info just like when I read or comment here.....
I hope it's not all seen as nefarious, ever I'm a pro photographer with disabilities and a life long gear head turning my own wrenches even with terrible health issues...it seemed like a fun thing to learn to do video and why not combine my love of photography and cars...my primary car I've had for 27 years is a driveway built with garage MADE street ram converted to sequential MPI injection and our own reverse top, a BBC using a 52 year old block and did what I could with, cheapest smallest oval port heads for velocity and a F1A-94 shoving air thru it connected to a 4l80e I scavenged and a 9 inch we welded half drunk with a WAY to short level on the rod ends when I was 21 so i got a slight toe in front last 20 years...I've setup carbs, tuned used widebands on carbs the every retrofit efi except fuel tech...currently had a MS3 Pro Ultimate ECU and trans controller connected via can bus and bluetooth to my tablet....we done it all some friends in our drive ways where it all started with 350hp now its 1200hp and I drive it in 74miles each direction getting great mpgs...drove in over 3hrs round trip made 2 passes bullshitting running 116 to 118 mph 1/8 spinning nuts like 132 1000ft...( -94 is peaky with my short stroke BBC and street ram base with a short over lap wide lsa cam as well)....and back averaged including the burnouts and passes 15.6mpg but routinely see 25s at 70mph ( tool me a while to dial in injector phasing on the entirely made up induction system and sequential). I also tuned GM with HPtuners I taught myself when I built LS motors including a 402 stroke LSA with my old stall and 4l80e in a spec chassis first gen that getting the full treatment in OKC by the big shops using my power train and old FAST XFI but is now in an insane 100k dollar build...should make some noise for a show n go...first gen like mine....
Point being I am a grass roots guy towards the end of my life that's build tuned and raced a lot of stuff since I was 18 when I bought my 67 camaro from my uncle and paid it off in 95 I haven't had a payment till 3 months ago ( I'd just build what I want on the 19 A10....cause try as I might I my daughter just loves Mustangs has a 16 so I bought something she would love and we could enjoy together, I get new wheels she gets mine ect as a bonding experience while I still can......the s550 and gen 3 coyote with its a10 is providing ample challenge to learn and grow aside from tsb7718 I love how its humbled me and reset things I thought I knew and forcing an old man whom thought he had it figured out to learn...hell I'm having to use my MPVi2 to provide Edelbrock logs to help with the Saleen tune as the included SCT logging resolution and field selection weren't up to troubleshooting what I am doing...most would be pissed I love it as I'm reverse learning ing by seeing what THEY want to know and using past tuning experiences its connecting dots.....
I go get off on tangents but dont assume everyone on YouTube is out to get rich not knowing shit about cars but a smooth talker we know which of the 2 that is...or even like Zander whom does his own work and yes stretches to grow hell trying to grow a channel itself is hard....I wish it would have been around when I was younger would have been fun as hell.....
I see those types who dont really know shit about cars and it drives me nuts too but I hope there is a place in a few peoples hearts for old timers genuinely enthusiastic about learning entirely new platforms it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks, coming from a legitimate organic perspective....not fake at all I don't have much life left I dont have a son to share it with...I'll share as much as my daughter will accept and think YouTube is great to talk shop...teach and learn.....
Its discouraging to come into a forum like this with so much knowledge to be gleaned from, with such good contributors just to find out that side I like to do and continue to invest in is almost universally seen as fake and a joke to guys here with the serious knowledge of the s550 coyote platform I hope to learn and master......

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Kinda his fault, how do you hit something that falls out of a truck unless you are tailgating?? If someone keeps having issues, accidents etc, better he checks what he doing wrong..

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I did it cause in old bored and swapped platforms...I enjoy smashing my car and like to top shop I moved to a new town dont know a lot of people and certainly no Ford crowd...I'm giving and fishing for info just like when I read or comment here.....
I hope it's not all seen as nefarious, ever I'm a pro photographer with disabilities and a life long gear head turning my own wrenches even with terrible health issues...it seemed like a fun thing to learn to do video and why not combine my love of photography and cars...my primary car I've had for 27 years is a driveway built with garage MADE street ram converted to sequential MPI injection and our own reverse top, a BBC using a 52 year old block and did what I could with, cheapest smallest oval port heads for velocity and a F1A-94 shoving air thru it connected to a 4l80e I scavenged and a 9 inch we welded half drunk with a WAY to short level on the rod ends when I was 21 so i got a slight toe in front last 20 years...I've setup carbs, tuned used widebands on carbs the every retrofit efi except fuel tech...currently had a MS3 Pro Ultimate ECU and trans controller connected via can bus and bluetooth to my tablet....we done it all some friends in our drive ways where it all started with 350hp now its 1200hp and I drive it in 74miles each direction getting great mpgs...drove in over 3hrs round trip made 2 passes bullshitting running 116 to 118 mph 1/8 spinning nuts like 132 1000ft...( -94 is peaky with my short stroke BBC and street ram base with a short over lap wide lsa cam as well)....and back averaged including the burnouts and passes 15.6mpg but routinely see 25s at 70mph ( tool me a while to dial in injector phasing on the entirely made up induction system and sequential). I also tuned GM with HPtuners I taught myself when I built LS motors including a 402 stroke LSA with my old stall and 4l80e in a spec chassis first gen that getting the full treatment in OKC by the big shops using my power train and old FAST XFI but is now in an insane 100k dollar build...should make some noise for a show n go...first gen like mine....
Point being I am a grass roots guy towards the end of my life that's build tuned and raced a lot of stuff since I was 18 when I bought my 67 camaro from my uncle and paid it off in 95 I haven't had a payment till 3 months ago ( I'd just build what I want on the 19 A10....cause try as I might I my daughter just loves Mustangs has a 16 so I bought something she would love and we could enjoy together, I get new wheels she gets mine ect as a bonding experience while I still can......the s550 and gen 3 coyote with its a10 is providing ample challenge to learn and grow aside from tsb7718 I love how its humbled me and reset things I thought I knew and forcing an old man whom thought he had it figured out to learn...hell I'm having to use my MPVi2 to provide Edelbrock logs to help with the Saleen tune as the included SCT logging resolution and field selection weren't up to troubleshooting what I am doing...most would be pissed I love it as I'm reverse learning ing by seeing what THEY want to know and using past tuning experiences its connecting dots.....
I go get off on tangents but dont assume everyone on YouTube is out to get rich not knowing shit about cars but a smooth talker we know which of the 2 that is...or even like Zander whom does his own work and yes stretches to grow hell trying to grow a channel itself is hard....I wish it would have been around when I was younger would have been fun as hell.....
I see those types who dont really know shit about cars and it drives me nuts too but I hope there is a place in a few peoples hearts for old timers genuinely enthusiastic about learning entirely new platforms it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks, coming from a legitimate organic perspective....not fake at all I don't have much life left I dont have a son to share it with...I'll share as much as my daughter will accept and think YouTube is great to talk shop...teach and learn.....
Its discouraging to come into a forum like this with so much knowledge to be gleaned from, with such good contributors just to find out that side I like to do and continue to invest in is almost universally seen as fake and a joke to guys here with the serious knowledge of the s550 coyote platform I hope to learn and master......
Cliff notes anyone?

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Kinda his fault, how do you hit something that falls out of a truck unless you are tailgating?? If someone keeps having issues, accidents etc, better he checks what he doing wrong..
Unless your going to swerve into traffic without looking. You'll need over 100 yards at highway speeds to give you 3 seconds to react. How many football fields back do you follow?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
When I first got the Mustang I started following all the “big mustang channels”, then I realized quick it’s all click bait. They will post on a topic I’m interested in or researching then I have to wait around for 10-15-20 mins so they can hit what ever time frame they need for that extra monetary value and then speak on the subject the video is suppose to have been about for 30 seconds... fuck them guys, unsubbed quick and even click the uninterested options it gives on the computer.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra

Wanna make a good channel to me, then don’t sit there and make a click bait title, then make the video nothing about it. I.E. “One trick to make your header install a million times easier” then make a video that 14 mins and 30 seconds of talking about your wheels and intake, show the ups guy drive up, take your new headers out snap that thumb nail pic real quick then do a 45 second time lapse and the “trick” is zip tying the left hand side o2 wire.... Make the total about what your doing, I’ll sit there and watch guys talk shop, I’ll watch channels that don’t have anything to do with my car.. just be entertaining and/or educational.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
My other passion is home cinema so I bought 55" LG C8 for Christmas. So I watched tons of unboxing of OLED HD TV's and iJustin is just smoking hot so why not :)
Be careful with watching any news channels on those Oleds, my LG had burn in after a year of normal use...thankfully LG has been pretty good about swapping them out ( even out of warranty) but the panels being organic are succebtible to burn in, my burn in started around the 3000 hour mark.
Sponsored