Sponsored

Metallic raspy rattling sound when accelerating hard above 4000k rpm

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Has anyone that had their flex plate replaced continue to be rattle free??

My parts finally came in and car is getting serviced now. Hoping it solves the issue
Mine has not returned
Sponsored

Reactions: _M_

Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Has anyone that had their flex plate replaced continue to be rattle free??

My parts finally came in and car is getting serviced now. Hoping it solves the issue
My sound started to come back after driving ~200 miles with the new installed plate. I lemon’d the car.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
My sound started to come back after driving ~200 miles with the new installed plate. I lemon’d the car.
That stinks. Your car was at the dealership for an extended period of time right? What state?

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I wonder if this is due to the 5.2L FPC and how much it actually vibrates. They did their best to damper the engine so it wouldn't vibrate the screws off the car but...maybe it's just not enough and you've proven it after having it replaced it eventually returned after 200 miles.

Sponsored

Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
That stinks. Your car was at the dealership for an extended period of time right? What state?
About 90 days total at the dealer. 2 separate dealers actually. California.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Does anyone have a recording of this sound? I heard something the other day, but figured it was just one of the heat shields.

OP
OP

MustangNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt and 2017 Shelby GT350
I never had mine replaced. Since today was really the first nice day on the season here in New York I took the car out and of course after driving for around 45 minutes and the car hot the noise was there. It really drives me crazy and I definitely cannot live with it. I'm dreading having to go through the whole dealership process and explaining and getting them to fix the issue. I know this is going to be a long and stressful journey with them. Now I know that there are quite a few people with this issue but if it really is that plate that is bad shouldn't there be A LOT more people complaining about this issue?

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I never had mine replaced. Since today was really the first nice day on the season here in New York I took the car out and of course after driving for around 45 minutes and the car hot the noise was there. It really drives me crazy and I definitely cannot live with it. I'm dreading having to go through the whole dealership process and explaining and getting them to fix the issue. I know this is going to be a long and stressful journey with them. Now I know that there are quite a few people with this issue but if it really is that plate that is bad shouldn't there be A LOT more people complaining about this issue?
Heat your car up well before driving it into Ford. Have the service rep bring out the tech and rev it up so they all hear the rattle. Make sure to tell them it only does it after a nice heatjob

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I would have a conversation with the service manager first. Share with him what others have had happen and how it was fixed. My dealer was ultimately able to find similar issues in their system. At this point there should be enough examples. But I would start at the top first with the service manager and maybe the shop foreman at the same time.

Does anyone have a recording of this sound? I heard something the other day, but figured it was just one of the heat shields.
I'll look back through and see if I have it. Is yours between 3800-4100 rpm?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'll look back through and see if I have it. Is yours between 3800-4100 rpm?
Yes. This is NOT pertaining to the yellow R, it's the grey one. Its not a big deal, I'd just like it to be taken care of.

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I took mine to the dealer a few times, they finally said since you removed your resonators that is why its rattling :curse:. My solution have been keeping my revs high, i can't hear it when the car is so loud. It is a bit embarrassing in parking lots. Mine has the rattle(sounds like a heat shield rattle, sometimes a high pitch rattle) sub 2k rpms. Next time I get underneath it, see if that dynamat solution is even an option.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I took mine to the dealer a few times, they finally said since you removed your resonators that is why its rattling :curse:. My solution have been keeping my revs high, i can't hear it when the car is so loud. It is a bit embarrassing in parking lots. Mine has the rattle(sounds like a heat shield rattle, sometimes a high pitch rattle) sub 2k rpms. Next time I get underneath it, see if that dynamat solution is even an option.
Was the rattle before or after the resonators were deleted... it's obvious...

i still think this is 90% of everyone's issue.

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Was the rattle before or after the resonators were deleted... it's obvious...

i still think this is 90% of everyone's issue.

resonator delete was done on my way back from the dealership 2 years ago with less than 200 miles. My car has 11K now it just started. I can 100% confirm It is not the rattle that autofantic is referencing. I can handle that in my sleep.
Sponsored