Sponsored

For anyone that has installed the Roush Coil covers on their 18-19 Roush Supercharged GT

UHOH5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 PP1
So after the initial install of the Roush Supercharger kit on my 2018, I decided to order the Coil Covers accessory kit. In all the pictures it shows the oil cap on top, but my kit didn't come with anything to extend the oil filler tube. All I have is a hole in the top of one of the covers above the oil cap and it looks like crap. Should make for a messy experience when changing the oil. Am I missing something ?
Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
So after the initial install of the Roush Supercharger kit on my 2018, I decided to order the Coil Covers accessory kit. In all the pictures it shows the oil cap on top, but my kit didn't come with anything to extend the oil filler tube. All I have is a hole in the top of one of the covers above the oil cap and it looks like crap. Should make for a messy experience when changing the oil. Am I missing something ?
The factory filler tube should have been left on the valve cover.

OP
OP

UHOH5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 PP1
Are you saying there was a factory filler tube that may have been removed during the install ? Currently the cap is directly into the valve cover and there would need to be a filler neck to reach up under the new coil cover. I don't remember what it looked like when i took the car in for install.

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
The factory oil fill neck stays in position and mates up with the coil covers. You must be missing that part. Some people remove the neck and place the oil cap directly on the cam cover. With the Roush kit it retains that piece.
oil filer.JPG

OP
OP

UHOH5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 PP1
Thank you very much .

. I spoke with the installing dealer today. The mechanic said he removed it because it looked cheesy after the SC install(before the coil covers) so he didn't re-install it. They ordered me a new filler neck and said when it comes in to just stop by one day and they will pop it on without an appointment or waiting.

OP
OP

UHOH5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 PP1
Thank you for your input. I got it resolved thanks to your information and the information from others
Sponsored