OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Little trick you might want to try. Keep your stock parts when you mod. When you sell the car. Put the stock parts back on. Sell the car as stock. The sell the mods. Cars are an incredibly bad investment. If your looking for a return. Yachts aint shit. I own my own island. And can afford mods. I dont worry about losing money on mods. Because my island cost more than your yacht. So thats that.
I did that when I modded my old 96 Cobra. And you know what, after I sold her, I threw away a perfectly good stock air box, springs, mufflers, and H-pipe.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
After I sold the 96, I was looking for a good used Terminator Cobra. Could not find a stock one.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
I did not. Bought it as an early retirement present to myself. I’ve been working since 1974 on the books. This Ford is by far the nicest car I’ve ever owned. And I’ve owned a lot of Fords.

But, no one thinks about the future. Who is to say what our Mustangs will be worth 50 years from now!

The 65 289 Fastback I mentioned comes to mind. A car that sold new for $1800 fetched over $35000 40 some odd years later...
I did not. Bought it as an early retirement present to myself. I’ve been working since 1974 on the books. This Ford is by far the nicest car I’ve ever owned. And I’ve owned a lot of Fords.

But, no one thinks about the future. Who is to say what our Mustangs will be worth 50 years from now!

The 65 289 Fastback I mentioned comes to mind. A car that sold new for $1800 fetched over $35000 40 some odd years later...
Invest $2000 dollars in even medium yield investments 45 years ago and only get a return of 35k is an investment fail of the highest magnitude. It’s the sole reason so many Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Honda’s, etc. get modded. They’re supported by the aftermarket and about as rare as pennies. I understand keeping a car stock but if you want to experiment and try to improve there’s not a better car to use.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
If you live on a yacht then why did you not buy a GT350 or wait for a GT500? Something isn't adding up here. For someone looking at long term value, you got the wrong trim.

I couldn't imagine driving my car on a stock tune again. It's way too conservative. At least the 2018+ have a more solid stock tune and power band.
I don't know if I buy his story either, but I can afford a GT350 and drive a EB.

As far as the factory EB tune, the early Spanish engines hve a more aggressive factory tune vs. 2016-2017. The Spanish 2.3 is nearly as quick as the 2018.

The 2014/2015 EB 0-60 5.2,
2016-2017 0-60 6+ seconds,
2018+ 0-60 around 5.

Last edited:

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thinking your bone stock Mustang won’t be making it to Barrett Jackson.......

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 is bone stock. I’ve looked at all the mods you can do to these Mustangs. I’m going to keep mine stock. And my reasons are:

435hp is all I need. 700 would be cool but for what?

When I see the old classic Mustangs for sale on Mecum’s and Barrett Jackson, the ones that are bone stock from the factory go for more $$.
Check back in a year and let us know if your still stock!

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I am somewhere in the middle on leaving it stock or modding.

My first Mustang was a Redfire 2007 GT, and that had the Ford Racing cold air intake like what came standard on the Bullitt, Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack, and FR500S mufflers to name a few things that I did to it.

I then traded it in for a 2010 GT Premium with the 3.73 rear axle and 19" wheels. I focused on originality and went so far as to collect 2010 promo items. I have the brochure, dealer poster, dealer training DVD, and the model that was given to the press during the reveal for the 2010 in 2008.

My 2018 GT started as a 300A base. So far, I've reupholstered the seats with the GT Premium leather, installed the Sport Pedals from the GT Premium, and also installed the strut tower and k braces from the Performance Pack.

Next up will be installing the illuminated door sill plates from the Premium.

I do wish I had the MyColor cluster.

The touchscreen and satellite radio were two things that I wasn't interested in having.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I am somewhere in the middle on leaving it stock or modding.

My first Mustang was a Redfire 2007 GT, and that had the Ford Racing cold air intake like what came standard on the Bullitt, Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack, and FR500S mufflers to name a few things that I did to it.

I then traded it in for a 2010 GT Premium with the 3.73 rear axle and 19" wheels. I focused on originality and went so far as to collect 2010 promo items. I have the brochure, dealer poster, dealer training DVD, and the model that was given to the press during the reveal for the 2010 in 2008.

My 2018 GT started as a 300A base. So far, I've reupholstered the seats with the GT Premium leather, installed the Sport Pedals from the GT Premium, and also installed the strut tower and k braces from the Performance Pack.

Next up will be installing the illuminated door sill plates from the Premium.

I do wish I had the MyColor cluster.

The touchscreen and satellite radio were two things that I wasn't interested in having.
Serious question. Not breaking your balls. But wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just get the premium?

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
Aesthetically, I think stock stands the test of time. Whenever I see older generation cars of any kind, a clean stock one always looks better than modded.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Serious question. Not breaking your balls. But wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just get the premium?
Well, I didn't want satellite radio because I like the cleaner look of the roof without the antenna, and the touchscreen doesn't appeal to me.

The leather was $400, $150 for the braces as low mileage takeoffs, $30 for the sill plates as takeoffs, and $128 for the Sport Pedals ftom CJ Pony Parts.

That's $708 in parts, and I did the installs myself.

My GT was roughly $36K out the door, so that's $36,708 compared to $40K for a Premium with some features that I don't want.

Plus, I have more enjoyment this way making it my own.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well, I didn't want satellite radio because I like the cleaner look of the roof without the antenna, and the touchscreen doesn't appeal to me.

The leather was $400, $150 for the braces as low mileage takeoffs, $30 for the sill plates as takeoffs, and $128 for the Sport Pedals ftom CJ Pony Parts.

That's $708 in parts, and I did the installs myself.

My GT was roughly $36K out the door, so that's $36,708 compared to $40K for a Premium with some features that I don't want.

Plus, I have more enjoyment this way making it my own.
Fair enough. I'm sure you got a nice ride.:like:

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
If you live on a yacht then why did you not buy a GT350 or wait for a GT500? Something isn't adding up here. For someone looking at long term value, you got the wrong trim.

I couldn't imagine driving my car on a stock tune again. It's way too conservative. At least the 2018+ have a more solid stock tune and power band.
Well to be fair and to defend wealthy yacht owning, Bitcoin investing, island cruising, penthouse living Tony; I could have paid cash for a new much more expensive car than my PP2 but it's what fit the bill of what I wanted out of a car. To each their own I guess. Plus I think he said he has a convertible so not too many vert 350s out there ;)

But again, even a GT350 isn't an investment, nor is any current Mustang. Bitcoin is questionable as an investment too. :D Ask me how I know. hahaha!

Deleted member 35786

Well to be fair and to defend wealthy yacht owning, Bitcoin investing, island cruising, penthouse living Tony; I could have paid cash for a new much more expensive car than my PP2 but it's what fit the bill of what I wanted out of a car. To each their own I guess. Plus I think he said he has a convertible so not too many vert 350s out there ;)

But again, even a GT350 isn't an investment, nor is any current Mustang. Bitcoin is questionable as an investment too. :D Ask me how I know. hahaha!
That is the thing about the internet, especially forums. You never know what is BS or actually true and factual. Probably some 10yr old kid playing us all.. lol

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I say wheels, air induction systems, headers, exhaust systems, shifters, a diff gear, and other such mods are still stock as you can easily replace the original parts.

I think that it is modded when you start removing the heads and adding superchargers, and/or while machining block and head clearances. Modding is cutting into the block, heads, cranks and any other part that can not be reversed.
Sponsored