Sponsored

"Entry Level" Performance 2020 Mustang Coming -- Mustang ST?

Steeda23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I am kind of at a loss as to why people in the Mustang community feel the need to shit on other people’s parade just because they have different opinions or different life situations which makes their choices the best for them at this time. There are no poor performing Mustangs made today and we are flush with performance options the heyday of the 1960s could only dream about so it is a great time to be a car enthusiast. 310hp was V8 territory until recently and my 1996 Cobra with specially built 4.6 liter, 32 vale aluminum V8 only came with 305hp and 50 lb/ft less torque. It isn’t like the Fox body days when your choices were a beefy (for the time) V8 or an 88hp normally aspirated 4 cylinder. I have owned 7 Mustangs over the years and all of them have been V8s so I am somewhat jaded in my opinions of what I like but also understand the draw to the ecoboost since it is a great value equation and slightly lighter so fun on tighter tracks.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I am kind of at a loss as to why people in the Mustang community feel the need to shit on other people’s parade just because they have different opinions or different life situations which makes their choices the best for them at this time.
Insecurity. If someone else has a different view....... maybe I'm wrong.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Hopefully it will use the 2.3 motor from the RS - that little motor is one of the best motors I've ever owned. It really is a fantastic piece. Powerful, reliable, doesn't burn a drop of oil.

Steeda23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully it will use the 2.3 motor from the RS - that little motor is one of the best motors I've ever owned. It really is a fantastic piece. Powerful, reliable, doesn't burn a drop of oil.
This seems reasonable and feasible from what is known. The RS version of the 2.3 has already been developed, stress tested, certified and tested in production. I don’t know for sure but it seems logical that it would just drop into the existing Ecoboost Mustang package so as long as the rest of the drivetrain is copesetic it should be good to go. No real non-recurring development cost and Ford can offer something between the current ecoboost and the GT so that looks to be a smart play on their part. Now that there is a 150hp spread between models, that leaves ample room to place a product between them.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
IMHO ... ST is known globally and has a following

A29B9BA7-09FD-4F06-B2DC-2D4BB4F014C9.jpeg

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Just as long as the engine turns off at every intersection. That’s the ticket.

Then you can hear that awesome startup time and again.
I had a loaner F150 that did that. Drove me up the wall. If I had one would do a bypass.

Steeda23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a loaner F150 that did that. Drove me up the wall. If I had one would do a bypass.
Most cars have a button to disengage the auto starts/stop. I have not figured out how to make it permanent so it is still a little annoying to have to hit that button evey time I go anywhere but there are worse things. The first time I ran into that “feature” was on a business trip in Europe and thought the rental car stalled at an intersection. Not a great feeling and I still hate it to this day.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but it sounds awful, even amongst its 4 cyl turbo peers. I'm always looking for the swarm of insects when I hear one.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Most cars have a button to disengage the auto starts/stop. I have not figured out how to make it permanent so it is still a little annoying to have to hit that button evey time I go anywhere but there are worse things. The first time I ran into that “feature” was on a business trip in Europe and thought the rental car stalled at an intersection. Not a great feeling and I still hate it to this day.
Just bought a 2019 Ranger and I try to remember to turn off autostop when I drive it .

Steeda23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just bought a 2019 Ranger and I try to remember to turn off autostop when I drive it .
While It doesn't make a lot of sense to me from a conceptual perspective, there is obviously efficiency and economy to be gained from doing so or they would not be on new cars. I also can’t help but think it may be more detrimental than beneficial to start the same car dozens of times a day but there is obviously technology in place to put a warranty on such a setup. I am still not a fan and would disengage that setting every time I drove it so maybe there is an aftermarket tune that not only adds power but also offers the option to disengage this permanently?

Sponsored

Steeda23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I am kind of at a loss as to why people in the Mustang community feel the need to shit on other people’s parade just because they have different opinions or different life situations which makes their choices the best for them at this time. There are no poor performing Mustangs made today and we are flush with performance options the heyday of the 1960s could only dream about so it is a great time to be a car enthusiast. 310hp was V8 territory until recently and my 1996 Cobra with specially built 4.6 liter, 32 vale aluminum V8 only came with 305hp and 50 lb/ft less torque. It isn’t like the Fox body days when your choices were a beefy (for the time) V8 or an 88hp normally aspirated 4 cylinder. I have owned 7 Mustangs over the years and all of them have been V8s so I am somewhat jaded in my opinions of what I like but also understand the draw to the ecoboost since it is a great value equation and slightly lighter so fun on tighter tracks.
The ignore feature makes things more tolerable.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It’s going to be a high output 3.5L EcoBoost. Ford filed paperwork last month with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration with the intention of expanding its engine options for the 2020 model year Mustang. Upon closer inspection it appears Ford plans to offer an unnamed third motor. Entry level not as in entry level Mustang (Turbo 4) but entry level performance car (GT350, GT500).

Ford Bringing Back the V6 Mustang and Upgrading EcoBoost?

America’s favorite pony car may be returning to its V6 ways, and adding some boosted upgrades to boot. A recent report by Hagerty shows that Ford has begun filing paperwork with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, with the intention of expanding its engine options for the 2020 model year Mustang.

Upon closer inspection it appears that Ford not only plans to offer an unnamed third motor (insert V6 here), but upgrade the power rating of the existing 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine as well. Below you will find one of the many documents Ford reportedly filed for the forthcoming Mustang, which to date remains the only proof we have that something major is going on behind the scenes up in Dearborn.

https://www.fordnxt.com/news/ford-brings-back-v6-mustang-and-upgrading-ecoboost

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The ignore feature makes things more tolerable.
Its pretty much as easy as that. I trie to make 5 peoples ignore list a week.
Sponsored