Sponsored

"Entry Level" Performance 2020 Mustang Coming -- Mustang ST?

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Opps...Not an ST
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The Milwaukee Bucks have the best record in the NBA. Fear the Deer bitches. Who woulda thunk...we see the day where the rest of the country is terrified of an overgrown rodent.
One of those furry bastards almost took me and my Jeep out this morning on the way to work. Kill them all, I say.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Wtf is happening in this thread? I'm beyond confused.

Ford introduces new mustang and all the mustang enthusiasts get mad because....well no one really knows why.

How dare they keep our beloved car alive? We should start buying Camaros so they learn not to innovate or do anything new.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Holy shit. How did I miss this gem? My kinda thread! With all the talk about trannys and Hookers. Maybe call it the Mustang VD. Instead of ST.....???

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
Too bad no 2.7 EB option for the Mustang like in the F150 and the Fusion Sport. This would put it above the current EB but below the GT. Not too much tooling involved and kind of what they used to do back in the day with many of the performance derivatives......

Seems to be a no brainer.....

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Fords gonna need financial aids. If they keep coming up with these crazy ideas!:crazy:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Holy shit. How did I miss this gem? My kinda thread! With all the talk about trannys and Hookers. Maybe call it the Mustang VD. Instead of ST.....???
Two letters are two letters works for me

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is so far off the rails I'm not sure anyone will care. It would be Mustang ST, Jaguar now use the SVO label on their performance cars and yes it stand for Special Vehicle Operations. See what happens if you don't copy right your stuff.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If an article was actually posted in the beginning, that would have completely changed the dynamic. For actual legit discussion's sake, isn't that what the Ecoboost Performance Pack car is already? Or are we doing a rebadging thingy?

Meanwhile, trannies and hookers...well Milwaukee is home to THE Festival Grounds (Summerfest). And there will be plenty of those running around in about 2 months. Not sure if any have a short throw shifter or come with an off road X pipe but you guys are certainly welcome to "shop around." :lipssealed:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
One of those furry bastards almost took me and my Jeep out this morning on the way to work. Kill them all, I say.
Wisconsin's White Tail Deer season has been getting extended because they're so out of control. And they have a disease spreading issue. The DNR can't get it under control fast enough.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
card_1dd616ad-f0d0-45d3-8909-24b578014654.jpg

What can I say about this thread that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan. It's bombed and depleted...

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Too bad no 2.7 EB option for the Mustang like in the F150 and the Fusion Sport. This would put it above the current EB but below the GT. Not too much tooling involved and kind of what they used to do back in the day with many of the performance derivatives......

Seems to be a no brainer.....

While I absolutely agree, (seriously we do not need a second 2.3 4 banger) there might be some underlying technical/engineering challenges that prevents the 2.7 engine family from fitting in the S550 without significant modifications (cross member to oil pan/pump clearance comes to mind for the 2.7 layout). I doubt Ford wants to spend to much money making a special model if they are just going to refresh the car in 2 years.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
While I absolutely agree, (seriously we do not need a second 2.3 4 banger) there might be some underlying technical/engineering challenges that prevents the 2.7 engine family from fitting in the S550 without significant modifications (cross member to oil pan/pump clearance comes to mind for the 2.7 layout). I doubt Ford wants to spend to much money making a special model if they are just going to refresh the car in 2 years.
More likely just dipstick location.:idea:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Maybe it will be a front wheel drive "performance" Mustang.

The new Probe.

Aren't all the other ST models FWD?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
backin-my-day-blowin-a-tranny-was-car-trouble-back-34183237.png
Sponsored