Sponsored

Jussie Smollett: publicity-polictical stunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I think what I mean by that is Rush tells it like it is and he has no problem poking fun at his enemies. I'd be all in for him and I like his common sense. Eunuch is the perfect word for describing what we've had.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not sure if Rush would be a good choice, I am convinced the presidency should be a "no politician need apply" position. Our government needs to be run like a business as that's what it really is. No spending money on crap unless it makes financial sense. These social programs and aid to foreign government crap needs to looked at through the eye of a CEO and implemented only if there is a return on investment. Social programs all need to be brought down to a state and local level where true needs can be verified and taken care of.
It's hard to know how someone would do the job until they are actually in office.

Rush does have a strong conservative vision and he won't cave to bullies. Whether he can play politics or not - I don't know. Whether he would be corruptible or not - I don't know that either. IMO the corruption part is a key that's very hard to find.

We got so lucky with Trump. I didn't realize he would be so good. I hoped, but IMO there really was no way to be sure until he got elected.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
It's hard to know how someone would do the job until they are actually in office.

Rush does have a strong conservative vision and he won't cave to bullies. Whether he can play politics or not - I don't know. Whether he would be corruptible or not - I don't know that either. IMO the corruption part is a key that's very hard to find.

We got so lucky with Trump. I didn't realize he would be so good. I hoped, but IMO there really was no way to be sure until he got elected.
I would like to see someone who is conservative and a businessman look for the job, even Trump (who I like) is not the fiscal conservative he could be. He was a member of the Democratic Party for years. For example a Howard Schultz who likes freedom, second amendment rights, fiscal conservative, knows how to run a successful multi national corporation (which the US is in reality, only with guns), won't pander to the left and other critics and countries. Rush can talk a good game but he has had some substance abuse issues in the past, he is really successful but not at running a huge corporation and would be even more polarizing than Trump.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would like to see someone who is conservative and a businessman look for the job, even Trump (who I like) is not the fiscal conservative he could be. He was a member of the Democratic Party for years. For example a Howard Schultz who likes freedom, second amendment rights, fiscal conservative, knows how to run a successful multi national corporation (which the US is in reality, only with guns), won't pander to the left and other critics and countries. Rush can talk a good game but he has had some substance abuse issues in the past, he is really successful but not at running a huge corporation and would be even more polarizing than Trump.
Yes, Rush had some problems when he lost his hearing. I'm sure that would be very difficult to overcome as a radio personality.

I agree that Trump didn't fight the Republicans and their huge spending bill that went through when the Republicans had control.

It's sad that Trump doesn't have enough allies even within the Republican party to curb spending. They could at least have gotten rid of the baseline budgeting B.S. That is the worst of the worst. But both sides of the entrenched, corrupt government want government to continue to grow. The Republicans just want it to grow at ~5x the rate of the growth of the economy, whereas the Dems want 10x or more. AFAIK there hasn't been a real cut in the size of government in the last 30+ years.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Rush had some problems when he lost his hearing. I'm sure that would be very difficult to overcome as a radio personality.

I agree that Trump didn't fight the Republicans and their huge spending bill that went through when the Republicans had control.

It's sad that Trump doesn't have enough allies even within the Republican party to curb spending. They could at least have gotten rid of the baseline budgeting B.S. That is the worst of the worst. But both sides of the entrenched, corrupt government want government to continue to grow. The Republicans just want it to grow at ~5x the rate of the growth of the economy, whereas the Dems want 10x or more. AFAIK there hasn't been a real cut in the size of government in the last 30+ years.
Everything you said was true, I don't hold anything against Rush, I just think the country needs to be run like any other large corporation. As far as cutting spending and cutting the size of government, good luck finding anyone to do that, I would be happy as a pig in **** if they just didn't spend more next year than this year. I also just described my perfect candidate, I am not sure that person exists. I am willing to take the job, though, if we can get 60 million or so more people to help.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Everything you said was true, I don't hold anything against Rush, I just think the country needs to be run like any other large corporation. As far as cutting spending and cutting the size of government, good luck finding anyone to do that, I would be happy as a pig in **** if they just didn't spend more next year than this year. I also just described my perfect candidate, I am not sure that person exists. I am willing to take the job, though, if we can get 60 million or so more people to help.
As long as they continue to use baseline budgeting as a political talking point the government will continue to grow. I agree with your thoughts.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I remember Rush's substance abuse problem was because of a bad back. He got hooked on pain killers from the back injury and got himself help. If he ran, I'd vote for him in a minute. He'd make minced meat out of his detractors. He's been an honorable guy and often talks about the way he was taught growing up and he's definitely well versed in the political environment of this country.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I remember Rush's substance abuse problem was because of a bad back. He got hooked on pain killers from the back injury and got himself help. If he ran, I'd vote for him in a minute. He'd make minced meat out of his detractors. He's been an honorable guy and often talks about the way he was taught growing up and he's definitely well versed in the political environment of this country.
I didn't know that. I knew he lost his hearing about that time and I assumed that was the reason. Back pain does make sense as a problem where you could end up addicted to pain killers. I'd vote for him too.

I really liked Dr. Ben Carson and Herman Cain as candidates. I didn't really understand why they fell by the wayside in the last election. Especially Dr. Carson seemed way better than Trump to me. At least less risky at the time.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't know that. I knew he lost his hearing about that time and I assumed that was the reason. Back pain does make sense as a problem where you could end up addicted to pain killers. I'd vote for him too.

I really liked Dr. Ben Carson and Herman Cain as candidates. I didn't really understand why they fell by the wayside in the last election. Especially Dr. Carson seemed way better than Trump to me. At least less risky at the time.
Didn't say I wouldn't vote for him especially after considering who I would be voting against (think Hillary), but I was describing my ideal candidate. Previous drug use is no longer a reason for disqualifying, Kamala Harris not only admitted to it but said she enjoyed it, and was somehow magically transported 5 years into the future to listen to Snoop Dogg while high.

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Well back to Jussie.......
Looks like time to lawyer up again.
Sponsored