Sponsored

What mode do you normally drive in?

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
We bought our Mustang just over a year a now, it’s a V8 auto, a 17MY in lightening blue. If I’m in the car then I’m mostly like with my other half and we split the driving. I very rarely get to put the gear box in sport and if I do I need to take over the shifting to stop the complaints. Once or twice I’ve managed to get into sport+ which I’ve found really brings the car alive. Last week we got a set of Michelin’s PS4S tyres fitted and after a week or two of convincing I got her to line lock the P Zeros into oblivion on the way got the tyre shop which resulted in some big grins. Today we went out the in the car purely for a drive, so did a big journey just for the fun of it, and as it’ll be quite a while before my better half gets to drive it again I decided to slowly encourage her to drop the roof, pop the gearbox into sport and eventually I put it into sport+ for her to try.

Normally, if I was to drive and popped it into that mode, I’d get told off but today resulted in a big grin, spirited driving and a ‘I think this is my favourite mode’. Lots of rolling of the eyes and ‘finally’ from me. I’m hoping I don’t get told off from now on. It seemed the Mustang got louder, more provactive and just generally become the car it was designed to be.

So, what’s everyone’s favourite mode?
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Favorite mode? Sport!!

Mode forced to use because of $@#%@%&#^ traffic? Normal!!

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Mostly normal. But I bounce around between normal and sport a lot depending on traffic and certain grades in the mountains.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I drive on S+ on D since I have the smartTOP module to change to that setting automatically. Every once in a while I go to Track Mode and/or drive with the paddle shifters on S.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

I drop it in Sport when I get bogged down in stop & go....holds the lower gears longer so it isn't constantly shifting. Once I get freed up, I put it back in Normal.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Generally I use sport in the early part of my commute (warming up along the arterial, getting on the highway, slugging through the slow spots) until things open up and then I slip it back to D for the enhanced fuel economy. I haven't really used the other modes yet, other than snow/wet during the crappy winter weather.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I have 8500 miles and most have been in Sport +. I have my mode set to sport and almost every time shift to S.
Lee

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2015 Mustang GT Premium.
Vehicle Showcase
I find Sport mode with normal steering and D in the trans is best for normal driving. When I want to get the most out of the trans I drop it in S drive.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
So long as there isn't snow - probably 50/50 sport / track. Always manual shift - I hate how normal and sport hold the gear so long.

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Normal with the occasional Sport+

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2015 Mustang GT Premium.
Vehicle Showcase
So long as there isn't snow - probably 50/50 sport / track. Always manual shift - I hate how normal and sport hold the gear so long.
I’ve noticed this as well but I figured it’s because the power seems to really kick at the higher RPM’s. My other car is an Infiniti Q50 RS with a twin turbo and its the exact opposite. It will kick through three gears before you hit 30mph unless you’re on it. Very annoying so the Stang is a nice change imo.

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
Always sport

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
I drive on S+ on D since I have the smartTOP module to change to that setting automatically. Every once in a while I go to Track Mode and/or drive with the paddle shifters on S.
I didn't know about the SmartTOP module until I researched it after reading your reply. I think I'll be ordering one! Mainly so I don't have to manually put the car in S+ everytime I drive. The one touch down feature will be good too!

I usually drive in S+ or Track mode. I've found I give up about 3-5 MPG driving in S+. Also give up at least 2-3 MPG with the top down.

Last edited:

freshjive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I use snow / rain mode most of the time, shifts are smooth and subtle. It also doesn't do the rev hang like normal / sport / track
Sponsored