Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
go with a 6 more stock HP from factory yet less torque (if someone wants to tell me otherwise go learn that 93 octane was used for numbers on the eco and gt yet 87 octane was used for v6 numbers). Also more room for power with out modding the block, ive seen people safely pull close to 600 crank hp with out rebuilding the engine.
hm, if you going to add FI to a v6, itll defintely be faster than any eco. But i heard FI on a v6 stang is a bit complicated.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
hm, if you going to add FI to a v6, itll defintely be faster than any eco. But i heard FI on a v6 stang is a bit complicated.
How so? Tune, injectors, big turbo, 600rwhp.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Not complicated at all....BUT what you may be thinking is the availability of kits to do a plug and play install. Yes, in that case limited options, but definitely not hard and actually this engine responds amazingly to a proper boost application.

Last edited:

Sponsored

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well i mean from factory, v6 makes more power than the ecoboost when they run the same quality of fuel.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well i mean from factory, v6 makes more power than the ecoboost when they run the same quality of fuel.
I think you might be stretching that one a little bit. Yes, the Eco will do worse than the V6 on 87 but that doesn't mean the V6 will do better than the Eco on 93, especially once you throw on just a tune.

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you might be stretching that one a little bit. Yes, the Eco will do worse than the V6 on 87 but that doesn't mean the V6 will do better than the Eco on 93, especially once you throw on just a tune.
Im not expecting more torque, but a measly 10 more hp should be reasonable. The other thing that's always bothered me an i could never find an answer on, is does the 6 really only make 300? Since almost the same exact setup was used in the 11-14 and they made 305hp and apparently another "2" mpg. Like yeah obviously its not a big deal but just seems like ford smudged the numbers to try and kill v6 sales and out them towards the EB or GT.

EDIT: Need to get my car redynoed, but originally i had my car dynoed with only axle backs and 93 in the tank with no tune, couldnt do a proper dyno since speed limiter kicked in immediately after 3rd gear, but we got 276whp/272 torque on those runs.

Last edited:

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Basing a purchase on a few HP one way or the other doesn't apply here. It's the power band that's completely different. Don't remember where I got this rear wheel chart. Also, I'm real happy with my V6.
upload_2019-4-3_17-6-10.png

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Basing a purchase on a few HP one way or the other doesn't apply here. It's the power band that's completely different. Don't remember where I got this rear wheel chart. Also, I'm real happy with my V6.
100%, love how linear mine was:

Zs-h-p4BM-7ZYvakHCsRgXSlqGTNLYXguuKHlrsFffGUYFUswPwAIyxU2D4ik3JhlgFLMyUA9EGadElch=w1716-h1287-no.jpg

Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Not complicated at all....BUT what you may be thinking is the availability of kits to do a plug and play install. Yes, in that case limited options, but definitely not hard and actually this engine responds amazingly to a proper boost application.
Ah yes, the kits are not marketed very well so it seemed like there isnt much support.

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
was this your stock numbers?
No, iirc that's with MPT 93 PRX, Roush intake, ported throttle body, and catback exhaust. No idea what the same dyno would have shown for stock.

edit » looking through my pictures, it also would have been with ported intakes too

Last edited:

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, iirc that's with MPT 93 PRX, Roush intake, ported throttle body, and catback exhaust. No idea what the same dyno would have shown for stock.

edit » looking through my pictures, it also would have been with ported intakes too
hmm did you ever run a quartermile in the car around that time?
Sponsored