torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

My car does not seem to have any lights in the footwell... Or I can't see it. I have the dimming on max brightness, etc.
Have I been dreaming, or this car DID have footwell lights, at least when you open the door and get into it ?

I remember on my GT500 I was able to change the colors too, and last night I was trying to do that on the GT350, and could not find it in the menu; then I realized (where is that facepalm now) it was my previous car , doh...

Anyway, do you guys have lighting there ?

Many thanks
Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Added it, led colored strips front and rear, remote lets u set brightness and color, subtle and a bit ghetto, oh well

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
So... I am correct in assuming it has none by default ?

Thanks

Kado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H4866

Sponsored

DPadovini

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Magnetic
Footwell lighting installation question - haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else, hoping this is the right place. I'm for sure an amateur at this so go easy on me.

I don't have existing footwell lighting or my color in my car, so installed the footwell lighting from Diode Dynamics. I tapped the grey and purple wire in the passenger side kick panel, so the lighting turns on when the doors open and close...which is great! But how do I maintain that function, while also being able to turn the lights on and off via a switch or button? Has anyone found a tutorial on this or installed this type of setup themselves?

Thanks in advance!

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
The standard interior lighting is lacking, especially for an all black interior. I added bright white LED bulbs to the overhead dome lights. They light up the cabin nicely, including the foot wells when the doors are opened. Just an option if you are not into a project to install aftermarket foot well lighting.

Deleted member 22592

The standard interior lighting is lacking, especially for an all black interior. I added bright white LED bulbs to the overhead dome lights. They light up the cabin nicely, including the foot wells when the doors are opened. Just an option if you are not into a project to install aftermarket foot well lighting.
When you say bright, which ones did you install? I am interested in doing the same. Many thanks!

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
When you say bright, which ones did you install? I am interested in doing the same. Many thanks!
I swapped to bright white LED bulbs. They significantly improve the interior lighting when the door opens, even lighting the footwells. I believe I purchased them from SuperBright LEDs.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is on my list... was hoping that with the 2019 refresh they would add some footwell lighting as well as the MY COLOR option... but no avail..
They did improve the interior though and granted my wish for the cobra puddle lamps LOLL....:inlove:

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Interior lighting and customization LEDs are much in fashion right now in the car biz. Tech has overtaken performance for most buyers. The ShelbyGT350 is targeting driving and track capability over creature comforts. I think the interior lighting / digital dash decision fell into the GT500 bucket. that said, the only feature I seriously miss is a front / 360 camera to save the splitter and wheels from curbs.

Deleted member 22592

I swapped to bright white LED bulbs. They significantly improve the interior lighting when the door opens, even lighting the footwells. I believe I purchased them from SuperBright LEDs.
Many thanks man! Do you remember if they were Cool 6500k, Natural 4100k, or warm 3000k. That is what is listed for options on their site. I am also assuming that 2019 mustang bulbs will fit a 2020 GT350, because its not listed as an option, only mustang.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Many thanks man! Do you remember if they were Cool 6500k, Natural 4100k, or warm 3000k. That is what is listed for options on their site. I am also assuming that 2019 mustang bulbs will fit a 2020 GT350, because its not listed as an option, only mustang.
I went with cool. Yes the bulb sizes are the same as the standard Mustang. Not a good pic (posted earlier in another thread with other interior trim mods I made), but you get an idea of the color temp. The oem bulbs are very yellow and dim.
Jan01-domelights.jpg

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
Yeah you know for a halo car, lacking the digital dash you can get in the 4cyl, V8 etc... as well as the lack of the customizable interior lighting, I'm a bit disappointed. Just a bit... but still...

Deleted member 22592

I went with cool. Yes the bulb sizes are the same as the standard Mustang. Not a good pic (posted earlier in another thread with other interior trim mods I made), but you get an idea of the color temp. The oem bulbs are very yellow and dim.
Jan01-domelights.jpg
Thank you man, ordered today..
Sponsored