First time Mustang owner

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello everyone I’m new here and I just purchased my first mustang. I love the color velocity blue with black accent. However I’ve been looking at others and don’t really ever see the side black stripe from factory like mine. Is it possible the dealer put that on? Or does ford randomly put those accents on?
DEDD0707-0E08-4BBC-845F-F858DF0651FC.jpeg
59F3C60C-E302-4E78-9F8A-A3A5D258D665.jpeg
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Welcome to the club of Mustang ownership!

I haven't ever seen any of the black stripes on the sides. I can see you've got the black accent package though. I've only ever seen the black GT's with the black accent package so obviously no stripe on those.

OP
OP

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ok thanks. My concern is the dealer potentially trying to hide something with decals but perhaps I’m just paranoid. Either I love this car.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Kind of hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like you have a GT350 track pack style spoiler also. Was this car new? Did they charge you (or try) for dealer add-ons?

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I just noticed the hood stripes too. That def makes me lean towards something the dealer installed.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah I was gonna ask the same, why is there a GT350 style spoiler on it? Something smells like burned halibut and asparagus...

We need details OP. Like, all of them.

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
That's dealer installed striping. Looks like Brandon Ford does it to most of their mustangs. They put Need for Green stripes and matched the spoiler on a black GT. :facepalm: I bet they charge a lot for it too.

OP
OP

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hmm interesting. Yes it is Brandon Ford. Weird thing is this was the cheapest gt automatic they had. Not sure if it was sitting on the lot for awhile but it was cheaper than a regular gt with no options. Perhaps trying to cover up a ding or scratches.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Spoiler and stripes are definitely dealer add ons.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Hmm interesting. Yes it is Brandon Ford. Weird thing is this was the cheapest gt automatic they had. Not sure if it was sitting on the lot for awhile but it was cheaper than a regular gt with no options. Perhaps trying to cover up a ding or scratches.
Does the window sticker have a green border? Maybe it was ordered and not purchased by the original prospect. Nice lookin' Stang!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does the window sticker have a green border? Maybe it was ordered and not purchased by the original prospect. Nice lookin' Stang!
Hey thanks. I think you might be right. Probably ordered that way. Thanks for all the info guys.

Luke5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The stripes are definitely not part of the black accent package I have an oxford white with that package. The dealer must've added it on. Before I got mine a few days ago, I was in contact with Brandon Ford and they didn't charge for the stripes but the sales guy told me they add them onto some of them (didn't tell me the reason). There was an orange fury and also another oxford white I was interested in and it looked odd with a stripe on the hood along with stripes going all the way down to the trunk. They did tell me they could remove it after I purchased it but I ended up getting mine from another dealer. I'm not sure about the spoiler which I've never seen. The GT's I looked at did not have those.

OP
OP

Wlozada87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The spoiler is the main reason why I don’t think the dealer just added it on. I think it was ordered specifically for someone. All in all Im super happy with the car and really like the blue with black accents. I initially thought this spoiler came with the accent package but you guys showed me otherwise. Thank you guys for helping me learn my car!!

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
The window sticker should tell you. My first Mustang was a rental convertible and the window sticker said it was a Special Order since Enterprise ordered directly from Ford to their specs (i.e. including a spare tire kit, for example).

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
The spoiler is the main reason why I don’t think the dealer just added it on. I think it was ordered specifically for someone. All in all Im super happy with the car and really like the blue with black accents. I initially thought this spoiler came with the accent package but you guys showed me otherwise. Thank you guys for helping me learn my car!!
If you browse their online listings, https://www.brandonford.com/inventory?q=mustang, you will see that there are a number of them with the same stripes. Some have the same spoiler. So this is a dealer thing, not a specific order.
Sponsored