Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I would have guest an s4 because of the mirrors!
Hard to tell in the picture what it is. B6/7 S4 mirrors are much more shiny. RS4 is matte silver, and is a bespoke non-folding design.

....really got to wind it up and the new motor is great....runs strong and using NO OIL after 1800 miles.....not a drop.

...Nice RS4 in the picture, I'm going to have to get one of them when I retire and get garage space. Had a modded B6S4, great car but the timing guides issues had me get rid of it. I should have kept it and just plunked the money down for a timing guides/chains/adjuster rebuild.
Awesome! Sounds like a great start to the new motor! My 2018 doesn't appear to use any oil, and I'm not gentle with it. Wednesday car... YMMV

I don't blame you for dumping the S4 V8. Very sad, but those timing guide issues is all that car will be remembered for. :( The good news on the RS4 is that the motors are tough as hell... except for periodic carbon cleaning in the intake manifold.
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Yes, I had Bilstein PSS9 on it, H&R sway bars, APR hi flow cats and exhaust with tune, JHM shifter, updated OEM NAV and Alcon brakes front and back.....But the timing service was going to cost another 10K or so to get done....and the cold start were getting diesel like......so it was on its last legs and could have gone any minute. The RS4 is a totally different motor with much better timing guides and other features....sans the carbon cleaning needed every 12K miles or so.....So yes I'm really flogging this new motor and its not using any oil.....I check every other fill-up. Invariably a person comes over to ask if I need any help. Guess these days its odd to see people actually checking oil levels on cars with a dipstick. My last Porsches had an electronic oil gauge that you accessed through the side stalk controls, but I'm ok with a analog dipstick!

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Car looks great. I really like that color.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@ZX3ST who did your Xpel and tint? What’s tint did you go with?

We need to get some STL guys together and do stuff!

Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
@ZX3ST who did your Xpel and tint? What’s tint did you go with?
JML Audio handled everything for me. Clear Auto Bra does the film. Can't think of the name of the tint company, but they also do great work.

Tint is Llumar 35% with ceramic. It's heat reflective, but without the shiny windows of years past. It's the cat's ass in my opinion.

We need to get some STL guys together and do stuff!
Agreed!

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Had a modded B6S4, great car but the timing guides issues had me get rid of it. I should have kept it and just plunked the money down for a timing guides/chains/adjuster rebuild.
That v8 engine from the S4 was/is one of the worst V8's ever made in this world, ever.

Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
JML Audio handled everything for me. Clear Auto Bra does the film. Can't think of the name of the tint company, but they also do great work.

Tint is Llumar 35% with ceramic. It's heat reflective, but without the shiny windows of years past. It's the cat's ass in my opinion.

Agreed!
Just curious about the XPEL... was it precut material they used or did they cut it as they applied? I got mine done, last week... and they used the precut stuff... there are a few places where I wish they did the cutting themselves rather then how XPEL envisioned it.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
Just curious about the XPEL... was it precut material they used or did they cut it as they applied? I got mine done, last week... and they used the precut stuff... there are a few places where I wish they did the cutting themselves rather then how XPEL envisioned it.
I think they used precut for some, custom for others. The fenders appear to have been precut around the emblems. Part of the reason I went 100% coverage. I didn't want to see the lines.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I think they used precut for some, custom for others. The fenders appear to have been precut around the emblems. Part of the reason I went 100% coverage. I didn't want to see the lines.
Yeah, mine went around the emblems also... but the front bumper was in 2 pieces... because of XPEL's design... an there's a clear line where it connects by the headlights :(

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Had you asked them to wrap the edges, they could have gotten relief on the cuts when cutting the template.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Finally got around to correcting the front splitter that was incorrectly installed by the dealer..
4Hdt7qaJQrixDJZfJcMp7w.jpg
Sponsored