Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
So I've got the second revision now that I'm running on and my CAT is now green from a 15 mile drive to work. Fueling is much closer or close enough to where it needs it to be to set according to Jon Jr. I need to get a few more miles on the car and I think I will be full green. The aftermarket mods throw off the values and those are what have to be tweaked in order to meet the ready status.

It is definitely the tune and your fueling has to be spot on for the monitors to be good it seems. I will report back when I'm all green. I'm also NOT running O2 spacers currently.
Glad you got a working revision. I've still got 02 spacers on mine with a local shop tune and about 400miles with CAT, 02, h02; and fuel still not ready. Going to get an emissions extension and go back to my tuner and see what they can do since we pretty much know for sure its tune related.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Glad you got a working revision. I've still got 02 spacers on mine with a local shop tune and about 400miles with CAT, 02, h02; and fuel still not ready. Going to get an emissions extension and go back to my tuner and see what they can do since we pretty much know for sure its tune related.
Yeah, that's what it's going to take to get things to go green. Spacers are one thing if you're running catless, but the fueling has to be just right for everything to work. You look at other threads of people posting about this issue and they go to another tuner then magically everything is working at that point. It's a matter of the tuner working with you and your mods to get the values where they need to be in order for you to pass. Of course it's not their responsibility for you to pass emissions but it is possible for them to get the values right through some logging.

bsikich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I passed with that tune. It took a good while to get all of the IM monitors to go green though. I think the EVAP and O2 ones were taking the longest and then one day i just gave it 2 good revs to like 7k and it put them to green. Use the IM monitor on the ngauge to verify that the things being monitored are A) ON and B) Green.

From my understanding:
Green = Good
Red = Not Good
Gray = Not on

For reference I had long tubes w/high flow cats

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just threw a P0420 code finally for cat inefficiency.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Interesting that you got the cat to go off 1st. I always thought you had to to get the o2s to pass before the cat test can be ran.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Interesting that you got the cat to go off 1st. I always thought you had to to get the o2s to pass before the cat test can be ran.
The last 3 times my monitors have set, CAT has always gone green.

I'm down to the O2/HO2 going green now. P0420 code was disabled so I'm trying to get them set again. Not sure if I need to try a very specific O2 spacer like the angled Big Daddy's or the Vibrant J style ones to pull the O2's out of the flow.

5.0Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Base
I am in the Same boat. I have a Whipple S550 car and the vehicle has Catless headers. Lund has sent me a tune for emission and everything has gone green except the Evap, 02 Heaters and 02. I have driven it around 200 miles and still nothing. Is there any particular driving method I need be driving or do I need to contact Lund for a new Tune. Unfortunately going back to stock isn’t really option for me. I also spoke with Lund and buying Catted Mid Pipes really do not do anything
267B1538-9889-4551-B4EC-42266DD75E02.jpeg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I am in the Same boat. I have a Whipple S550 car and the vehicle has Catless headers. Lund has sent me a tune for emission and everything has gone green except the Evap, 02 Heaters and 02. I have driven it around 200 miles and still nothing. Is there any particular driving method I need be driving or do I need to contact Lund for a new Tune. Unfortunately going back to stock isn’t really option for me. I also spoke with Lund and buying Catted Mid Pipes really do not do anything
267B1538-9889-4551-B4EC-42266DD75E02.jpeg
Try driving about 40 mph for 5-6 minutes straight. Mine look just like yours now, but my EVAP is green. I have catted pipes.

Next option is O2 spacers to pull them out of the direct flow. I think I will grab the Big Daddy's angled ones if I can't get them without them. You may need them since you're catless. Your rear O2's are seeing the same flow as your fronts which normally triggers a CEL, but he probably disabled the codes.

5.0Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Base
Ok thanks, I will try that. I am still confused why my check engine light hasn’t been triggered even if all the monitor should be turned on. And I just ordered the angled defoulers

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Ok thanks, I will try that. I am still confused why my check engine light hasn’t been triggered even if all the monitor should be turned on. And I just ordered the angled defoulers
You could ask Lund if the P0420/P0430 codes are disabled which is likely.

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
So if I had an emissions tune on which Lund verified that I do, wouldn't I throw a P0420 code without O2 spacers? I have driven thousands of miles still without the O2 and HO2 going green. I'm considering installing the O2 spacers just to see if anything changes but I was pretty sure that O2 spacers were designed to get around the P0420 code, not the other way around with getting an O2 to read properly.
I have the Lund emissions tune for Procharger. I originally had cat deletes. I reinstalled the cats plus extensions, and drove numerous drive cycles with hundreds of miles and no codes or green for the big three. Starting to think its not doable as I have yet to find anyone with Procharger and tune get the monitors to green.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Update: O2/HO2 are still red. P0420 code is disabled in the current tune so I'm not sure if that's messing with the ability for them to go green or not. I also just filled up my gas tank again yesterday.

Purchased Vibrant J-Style spacers. I will install those tomorrow with the small insert when they arrive and flash back to my previous tune with the P0420 code turned back on while on spacers and do more testing.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Update: O2/HO2 are still red. P0420 code is disabled in the current tune so I'm not sure if that's messing with the ability for them to go green or not. I also just filled up my gas tank again yesterday.

Purchased Vibrant J-Style spacers. I will install those tomorrow with the small insert when they arrive and flash back to my previous tune with the P0420 code turned back on while on spacers and do more testing.
Appreciate the testing, hopefully that'll do the trick. As for me I've got the spacers you had on earlier in the thread (the amazon ones) with cat/02/h02 all red and not throwing any codes other than an EVAP one which is of course red as well. Got my emissions extended till August though.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Appreciate the testing, hopefully that'll do the trick. As for me I've got the spacers you had on earlier in the thread (the amazon ones) with cat/02/h02 all red and not throwing any codes other than an EVAP one which is of course red as well. Got my emissions extended till August though.
Your fuel trims probably need to be a bit tighter in your tune then if your CAT is still red. That's the biggest change I noticed right away when I talked to Lund and did 2 data logs and had revisions sent.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Wonder if I can get one. I have Whipple, Fore Fuel sys, and E85 =)
Sponsored