Sponsored

Any one using meth with gen3 whipple? Does it help when pulleying down?

OP
OP
Martin5.0sc

Martin5.0sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ainsley
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m really tempted to go with a meth kit. I am setup to run E85 but it is to inconvenient to run all the time.
I’m running 21.5 degrees of timing on 93 at 12psi and motor is happy
Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
What is the best meth system for our cars? I already have spent way too much money so I might as well invest in something good.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Anyone using meth with gen3 whipple? And have you had success with it?
Down south so close to Mehico the kids seem to lean towards coke instead. Meth is kinda seen as low brow.
Its probably not worth the improved reaction times long term ya know?
Dont touch either myself. Consider staying off the drugs? ...especially running a Whipple...

Reactions: Gee

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
What is the best meth system for our cars? I already have spent way too much money so I might as well invest in something good.
@TheHydro Meth systems are pretty much universal so it doesnt really matter for what car, that being said I highly recommend Alky Control. They are more expensive than some but quality is top notch. Beefy pump and controller, braided lines. Give Julio at Alky a call or email. Very happy with mine. 21* timing at 15psi on 93+meth.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Just saw this thread, but I did speak with Julio of Alkycontrol.
He doesn't recommend spraying post TB due to the vacuum and the possibility of drawing in fluid when the engine doesnt require it.
I went with just an underhood kit for my KB.
Plan is to tap the intake tubing and utilize the factory washer resevoir.
Going from a 4" pulley to a 3 7/8" on my 3.2. I might see 15lbs.

Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Post your results when you get them. I will be going with a similar kit for my Whipple.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I am toying with the idea of throwing a kit on mine as well. Really love the look of prometh.com kits, but I have sent a couple emails, called, and have gotten no response from them.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Are the guys running meth using any failsafes? The alky control system seems pretty basic compared to some other ones that have failsafes built in if the pump stops working, injectors clog or the tank runs out.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Just saw this thread, but I did speak with Julio of Alkycontrol.
He doesn't recommend spraying post TB due to the vacuum and the possibility of drawing in fluid when the engine doesnt require it.
I went with just an underhood kit for my KB.
Plan is to tap the intake tubing and utilize the factory washer resevoir.
Going from a 4" pulley to a 3 7/8" on my 3.2. I might see 15lbs.
If you use a solenoid that will stop it from drawing in unwanted fluid. You can have that issue even on a regular system if your tank is higher than your nozzle, it will gravity siphon. I had this happen on mine.

I am toying with the idea of throwing a kit on mine as well. Really love the look of prometh.com kits, but I have sent a couple emails, called, and have gotten no response from them.
I looked at their kits alot myself. They look high quality but their website leaves alot to be desired. The layout and look of the site is good, but so many info sections are blank. They give nearly no info about their system/controller/instructions/etc. Which is what made me stay away from them.

Are the guys running meth using any failsafes? The alky control system seems pretty basic compared to some other ones that have failsafes built in if the pump stops working, injectors clog or the tank runs out.
With a good reliable and properly installed system a failsafe really shouldn't be necessary. As long as you arent tuned too aggressive with it using meth for half your fueling, your knock sensors are your failsafe that will pull timing if the meth isnt working right. Aside from that you have a low level LED on every system. On the Alky you have two different colors on the activity light, lights up red when the pump is running and turns green when it builds pressure. Those things together is enough of a failsafe for most people.

Snow is coming out with a new failsafe system soon, their current one is discontinued. It's a little on the basic side but will light up an LED if flow is lower than your setpoint. If you run a boost controller you can have it lower boost in the event of a problem. AEM has a much more sophisticated failsafe system which uses a computer to analyze flow vs RPM and will trigger an alarm if its outside of spec, you can watch a video about it on youtube. Pretty awesome, but currently only works with nylon lines.

If you want peace of mind and run a centri or turbo, you can move the IAT sensor after the meth is injected and watch the IAT drop when it starts spraying.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Since I don't have access to E-85, Meth in on my radar as well. The thing that gets me is that most good meth kits are around $1000.

I'm running a 3.5 pulley and have a 100 octane tune that makes 20.5 degrees of timing with a bottle of Boostane.

I can buy 50 bottles of Boostane for $1000. 50 bottles would be a lifetime supply as much as I drive!

Sponsored

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
@Roh92cp and others who have installed meth on their s550's
I ended up pulling the trigger on alky control's kit and im in the process of installing it now while the engine is out. I found a decent on the subframe near the washer reservoir to mount the pump, and i'm now looking at the wiring.
My question for now is, which wire did you tap on the MAF for your voltage based source so the meth can ramp in properly?
And, any pictures of how you mounted your controllers in your rides?
I'm thinking about hacking up the front panel in that little coin section of the center console in front of the shifter.
Or I could just hide it all in the center console itself.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
@Roh92cp and others who have installed meth on their s550's
I ended up pulling the trigger on alky control's kit and im in the process of installing it now while the engine is out. I found a decent on the subframe near the washer reservoir to mount the pump, and i'm now looking at the wiring.
My question for now is, which wire did you tap on the MAF for your voltage based source so the meth can ramp in properly?
And, any pictures of how you mounted your controllers in your rides?
I'm thinking about hacking up the front panel in that little coin section of the center console in front of the shifter.
Or I could just hide it all in the center console itself.
No pics, sorry. But I mounted my controller in the glove box. using the 3M dual lock to hold it on the back wall but be removable to adjust settings. Then I ran the "gain box" to the center console and mounted it on the back side with 3M tape. After its tuned you will almost never need to access any of it. Only the gain box once in awhile when you want to hit the test button. No reason to have it visible all the time. I mounted my injection and low level LEDs in the A pillar near my gauges.

Also, curious. Why did you chose to use the MAF signal rather than a boost sensor?

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Boost sensor as in MAP sensor?
Don't have one on the ole KB setup, I figured the MAF would be the way to go

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I mounted the map sensor behind the glove box fabric flap thing (where interior air filter is housed). My grey controller is mounted with velcro in the upper glove box where the owners manual goes, that way its completely hidden. I drilled a small hole and mounted the black box/gain dial in the lower glove box also with velcro. Completely hidden and easily removed in the event it needs servicing. My pump and tank are in the back of the car, but same principle. Also, I tapped into the factory washer reservoir sender wire so my low washer level light will illuminate if my meth tank OR washer fluid tank is low.
IMG_20181030_164720725.jpg
IMG_20181030_164705802.jpg
20181129_172642.jpg
20181129_173114.jpg

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
@Chris Barnes
Hey man, you mind snapping a pic of where you tied into the MAF wiring?
Just want to make sure I wire that sensor in correctly
Sponsored