Sponsored

2018 PP vs non-PP

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
So statements like this are what make me question my decision to get MR. I could save a crap ton of money not having to get PP1 to get MR if I dropped both (obviously PP1 has other advantages too).

If I just wanted a nice daily that I would never take to the track most likely but wanted the best ride I felt like I needed MR...which does not jive with your statement.
I can understand that...however it does seem obvious now that the difference must be minimal at best. So it begs the question if anything in PP1/MR is really worth the cost on a daily driver that may never see a road course.
The difference between PP1 and PP1 MR in comfort is a big difference. Not minimal at all.
It sounds like if you don't need the extras of the PP1, you should just get the base suspension. It is by far the smoothest riding.
Here's the reason I needed to order the PP1 MR... It is my weekend car but I drive it to 1/2 mile competitions up to 12-13hrs away, make 20+ runs over a weekend, and drive it back. Airport runways are not smooth especially at high speeds and MR helps keep the car stable. I also needed the bigger brakes to help get the car stopped.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can understand that...however it does seem obvious now that the difference must be minimal at best. So it begs the question if anything in PP1/MR is really worth the cost on a daily driver that may never see a road course.
I don't know what the difference is, but my GT350 with magneride is heads and shoulders above any other Mustang I've ever driven. The main thing I disliked about past Mustangs is the poor control over body motions. Either the suspension would be overly stiff or the car would really wallow around a lot.

OP
OP
smoke_wagon_6g

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Man this one got derailed. Anybody find some non-PP GT performance numbers? I'm thinking the gearing 3.55 vs 3.73 would make a difference in 0-60 or quarter at least. But the road tests seem to be PP only.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Man this one got derailed. Anybody find some non-PP GT performance numbers? I'm thinking the gearing 3.55 vs 3.73 would make a difference in 0-60 or quarter at least. But the road tests seem to be PP only.
My buddy has a 2018 gt premium w/ the A10, non pp. Stock 20" wheels on the stock all seasons. Ran a 12.1 at 117 in 1900 da here in Phoenix about a month ago. No clue what his 0 to 60 is.

Well correction, stock ish, just corsas and an x pipe
Sponsored