Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.powerstop.com/how-to-tell-the-left-or-right-drilled-and-slotted-rotor/

Although I think it has to do more with the cooling veins than the slots. But the pad material/gas would typically get ejected out with the slots leaning to the rear.

I hope they are on correctly. Went off pictures of slotted rotors I found and an LMR rotor install video. No directions in the boxes or Steeda website, and no stickers on them to indicate. If not no big deal just another hour spent in the garage.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Did a full detail inclusive of washing, clay bar, wax, and interior detail.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Sent 18 IM to Bret Barber/Air Flow Solutions to get ported.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
This conflicting info is why directions or stickers on the rotors would've helped. My pics and the Reddit pic are of passenger side as well. And if you look at this linked LMR video 6:01 mark (albeit not Steeda rotors) the vane goes the way I have them and opposite of yours in relation to the caliper. I'm already carving out time Wednesday morning to swap sides, because me having to do something twice is par for the course when I do mods myself.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I know high performance driving requires break-in of brake pads, but does the same go for rotor disks? If so, is the procedure different for them as opposed to pads?
I put on the Baer Eradispeed+ rotors last year. They came with detailed instructions for the best way to "season" the rotors, as they call it. IIRC, they recommend driving normally for about a week, then there's directions for a certain number of stops from certain speeds with certain brake efforts in certain time periods, give it a day off, then another number of stops the next day. When it was done, I had huge confidence in my brakes.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I was told in the group buy thread that mine are on backwards as was mentioned. Thank you to those who pointed it out to me.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Stopped by JPC on my way from work and picked up their 18 mani lockouts
58E3999E-4D0D-489B-A19B-FAD80B29B5C7.jpeg

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I dropped my baby off at the dealership to install x pipe and Roush axel back at 7am. I called for an update and they are "still working on it, don't get many of these, reading the instructions." I am not trying to rush them at all, but very nervous.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Where did you get the painted covers for license plate holes?
I think you are looking at the tow hook cover that is standard on the Australian version.