Putting out feelers on selling my CJPP axlebacks

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Last summer I bought a set of CJPP unbranded axlebacks. I installed them on the car and loved the deep rumble. 1st to fifth gear sounds absolutely wonderful. But in sixth gear and cruising at highway speeds between 95-105 there is a little drone. Not enough to bother me, but my wife does not like it at all. So recently, I bought a set of AWE axlebacks and hoping these will fix all my issues. My car is stored and I wont be changing them out until late April or early May.

The CJPP's are on the car now, but only have a couple of hundred kilometers on them. These are very well built and fully stainless steel. The tips are double walled and well polished.....a very nice looking setup. And for the cost are probably the best bang for your buck out there. So I am, at this point, just looking to see if there is any interest in these.

Price from CJ now is $315+shipping in US funds. I will ship them anywhere in Canada for $350 Can funds.
I think I am supposed to take a pic with the date and my forum name, but as stated, the axles are on the car and at this point, doing that would be very difficult. Below is the CJPP link for these mufflers.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelat...el-with-4-polished-tips-gt-2015-2017/p/CBAP2/

PM me if you have any interest.

Here are a couple of pics from the install last summer.

Thanx
Derek
2B99ABAC-62A8-4A59-860E-F7AEEF4B2DF0.jpeg.jpg
2136196B-3988-4DB7-84F5-868B747A7D6A.jpeg.jpg
2DE447FB-ECDC-4E2F-97E9-7B9F40D59C5D.jpeg.jpg

At a moderators request, I am posting pics with forum name and date. Obviously the exhaust is still installed, but can be removed quite easily. Price is $350 Canadian including shippong anywhere in Canada

Thanx for looking!!
3E80748B-0F5B-4B3D-B7EE-2BAB32FDB00C.jpeg
375E4613-E562-4131-A6F6-FC8F4F9D477C.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Try kijiji too. I sold mine after a couple of weeks on kijiji. GLWS.

tourist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I think you are really going to like the AWE axlebacks. I went from stock to CJPP mufflers with stock resonator. Had them on for 7 months and liked them but my car is an auto with 315 gears which I use for long distance road trips. The resonance at cruising speeds and acceleration in town was just too much. Switched to AWE touring axlebacks with the stock resonator 1 month ago and no more drone in any type of driving. Set the cruise at 50,55,60,65 and 70 on a 6% grade highway climb in 6th gear and no drone. The sound is always coming from outside and behind the car. The AWEs are not quiet, but less loud and not quite as deep as the CJPPs.
BTW. My bio says I am from AZ but that is only my winter home. I am from Winnipeg. Will be selling the CJPPs as well when I return in Apr. The mustang is a daily driver when in Mesa.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I think you are really going to like the AWE axlebacks. I went from stock to CJPP mufflers with stock resonator. Had them on for 7 months and liked them but my car is an auto with 315 gears which I use for long distance road trips. The resonance at cruising speeds and acceleration in town was just too much. Switched to AWE touring axlebacks with the stock resonator 1 month ago and no more drone in any type of driving. Set the cruise at 50,55,60,65 and 70 on a 6% grade highway climb in 6th gear and no drone. The sound is always coming from outside and behind the car. The AWEs are not quiet, but less loud and not quite as deep as the CJPPs.
BTW. My bio says I am from AZ but that is only my winter home. I am from Winnipeg. Will be selling the CJPPs as well when I return in Apr. The mustang is a daily driver when in Mesa.
I appreciate the comments about the AWEs. Not a lot of feedback out there in these.

The volume doesn’t really bother me. I wanted a good sounding setup and our cars are a little on the quiet side.

I found the CJPPs sounded nice but in 6th gear I was getting a bit o boom. Having a stick, I can control it a bit more than an auto. If I left the car in 5th, all was good. Sounded great with no drone.

Enjoy AZ.... must be quite a difference from winters in the “Peg”. And good luck with your sale in April. :like:

tourist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Actually I would not have changed the CJPPs if mine was a stick. Had the AWEs installed at a muffler shop. No need to recut. Just loosen everything from the suitcase on back and switch em out. I also have the sound tube plugged, not removed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Actually I would not have changed the CJPPs if mine was a stick. Had the AWEs installed at a muffler shop. No need to recut. Just loosen everything from the suitcase on back and switch em out. I also have the sound tube plugged, not removed.
My tube is out. And I will say again, only reason for CJPP removal is my wife. And a new exhaust is cheaper than a new wife.

Great to know it’s an easy swap. 1/2 hour and all done.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Where’s the best deal for the Awe axleback in Ontario?

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Also updated original post.
$350 Canadian. Price included shipping anywhere in Canada.

17F4EE51-A88F-438E-A0B8-BB0069E0F2B7.jpeg
E788D010-3754-46CE-94BB-7EFE44339992.jpeg

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I like your idea, but...…………..I am still happily married... LOL:crackup:

As for the AWE's, I think our snow/salt should be all gone in a month. So my plan is, on Day 1 of taking my car out, to start it and let it idle for 10-15 minutes. Pull it out to the driveway, put it on ramps, exchange my exhaust and go for a nice long drive. Soon after you will know how I feel about the AWEs. :rockon:

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So... any driving impressions yet or sound comparisons between the 2?

I love mine, but there is the drone “issue”...

I’d be happy to hear your opinion!!!

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
So... any driving impressions yet or sound comparisons between the 2?

I love mine, but there is the drone “issue”...

I’d be happy to hear your opinion!!!
I haven't had a chance to drive with the AWE's....still snow and salt and crap on the streets. But just on a cold start and idling and some revving in the driveway, the AWEs are quieter in all respects. There is no drone on startup or idle, and I am assuming there will be no drone at highway cruising speeds either. But I wont drive for a couple of weeks yet.

I would not have changed them out, but "da wife"...………….:headbang:
Sponsored