Sponsored

How to disable the Active Noise Control

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
Does anybody have some new tips for me. I have a Right Hand Drive market Ecoboost with a factory Roush tune.

After disconnecting the rear mic, it didnt help. My subwoofers still just flap away when the engine is on, they don't seem to be making much audible noise but they move a great deal, depending on how much throttle I apply they change from going to audible to quiet.
When the engine is off they sound normal.

I figure that its the Active Noise Cancellation thats the culprit, i tried running the sub of the front and rear channels and its got the same problem with only just some slight behavior changes.

Since i have a Roush tune i was told changing the values in FORSCAN wont work, and I cannot revert to stock since this is a dealership tune which they only apply once and theres no hand held flash tool like the retail kit.

I was thinking my only other options are to try unplugging the map light mic (though ill lose the ability to use the phone call features).
or to try and find a aftermarket headunit replacement that can interface with Ford Sync 2.0.

Very frustrating, ive been fighting this issue for months now.
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Id get a forscan compatible OBD2 reader, I got mine for like $25 AUD on Aliexpress. See what codes it has there and see if its like ours.

I have a RHD like MakStang and modified mine exactly the same way, works an absolute treat.

I really really doubt they changed the codes in question

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I agree with @Hellman109 . You should try FORScan even though you have a Roush tune. I am sure this will solve your problem.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

Sponsored

BoostedScarlett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Ecoboost
What is the location for the 18-19 Mustangs? I pulled down the headliner but it seems they have relocated the mic for the newer models.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What is the location for the 18-19 Mustangs? I pulled down the headliner but it seems they have relocated the mic for the newer models.
?

It’s in the same location on my 2018 EB Prem w/PP... pulled down the HL at the rear and disconnected it just as on the prior 2015-2017’s.

It’s about 1/4 of the way forward from the rear glass and just a little aft of the roof mounted antenna.

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with @Hellman109 . You should try FORScan even though you have a Roush tune. I am sure this will solve your problem.
I finally got my hands on an OBDLink MX.

Though ive been sifting through hundreds of pages of threads of people arguing about ESE and ANC settings...so im not sure what to do.

Can you please let me know which code i need to change ? I just want to disable ANC, and maybe disable ESE ( on my current audio setup the ESE isnt so bad, so its not critical to disable it)

Thanks

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
I finally got my hands on an OBDLink MX.

Though ive been sifting through hundreds of pages of threads of people arguing about ESE and ANC settings...so im not sure what to do.

Can you please let me know which code i need to change ? I just want to disable ANC, and maybe disable ESE ( on my current audio setup the ESE isnt so bad, so its not critical to disable it)

Thanks
I agree 100% i just got the OBD adapter and Forscan to work with my Kindle Fire 10, but after reading the thread i am more lost than I was before I read it! :) I have a GT convertible with a Magnaflow Comp and it has a lot of cabin noise, I would like to cut down on that a bit. I THINK I need to disable the ANC but at this point I have no idea....

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
With Forscan make the following change to turn off ANC:
Module:
727-01-01-abcd-yXyy - Change the X to an 8.

To turn off the sound symposer:
727-01-01-abcd-yXyy - Change the X to a 0 (zero)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay so people say that the change persists if you disconnect the battery or it goes flat.

Doesnt seem like it, my battery died yesterday and the engine noise is back. I can clearly hear it on the speakers now.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious to know if it does get reset if the battery goes flat/dead/changed.

I changed mine awhile back but I don't notice engine noise
Sponsored