Sponsored

Fess up... who was it? Mustang spins 360 in front of semi!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
More positive press for the Mustang. :facepalm:.. geesh.. between cars and coffee and this we just can't catch a break...:headbang:
Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
The rigs are faster than they seem if empty and can really get up to cruising speed faster than you think. So Mr. Mustang figures he has more time to get in front than he actually has, clips the wall or the truck and spins and takes off because he knows he was in the wrong...

The bane of my life with these overconfident clowns cutting in front of heavy trucks. We will be going home that night but the other guy?
What about the over confident semi drivers that cut people off every day. Then want to race the truck next to them, doing the exact same speed for 20 miles!!!

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
How he kept control with the front passenger wheel all cockeyed like that after the collision is beyond me.

I mean, that's one way to get a shit-ton of negative camber quickly, but jokes aside, that jackass is a menace to the roads.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Big rig drivers do their fair share of hokey things on the road. Not in this case of course.
I'm curious as to why the Mustang lost control in the first place. If he came from that express lane those are usually limited access. I did not notice an exit right there. Maybe he tried to jump over and miss those plastic poles separating the lane from regular traffic lanes.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
This happened with a fox body Mustang I had with the old iron block Windsor. When you start spinning the car just keeps rotating around the engine till you hit something. For me it was about 120kmh on a freeway going over an expansion joint. Those death trap Goodyear Gatorbacks were the main culprits but once you start spinning there is no “spin and win” this time. Your fate is litterally in the hands of God.
Yep. Been there, done that - feels like trailing throttle oversteer except no warnings - hit a long bridge's expansion joint, with wicked down the valley crosswinds, in the middle of an not forecasted late October VT snowsquall. Still have that 89 LX 5.0 Sedan (30 years next month - built on the 25th anniversary week). It got the Goodyear M&S's mounted right after the left front bodywork was done - a little late (lesson learned). Those Gatorbacks were modeled off Indy race tire's but they sucked in anything deeper than dew or the least bit icy slushy or sandy (every on & off ramp) - whip snaps.were too sudden for daily driving at least in mixed season New England. Your description nailed it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The rigs are faster than they seem if empty and can really get up to cruising speed faster than you think. So Mr. Mustang figures he has more time to get in front than he actually has, clips the wall or the truck and spins and takes off because he knows he was in the wrong...

The bane of my life with these overconfident clowns cutting in front of heavy trucks. We will be going home that night but the other guy?

That is not what happened.

If you watch the video, he comes from 2 lanes over and runs over a bunch of the center pylons and was already out of control, before the Mustang is ever seen on the Semi's video.

The Truck Driver slams on his breaks, otherwise that Mustang would've been toppled over as it was spinning out of control 3 lanes ovr..

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Because ecoboom.

Kinjirra

I R Slow