gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Also... my car is a 2018 and they changed the oil pressure sensor thread pattern and pitch for 2018!

The 11-17 cars use standard sae fittings.

However I think the gt350 uses the same as mine but be sure to verify before you buy...
Sponsored

SJ-KY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Gt 350
Also... my car is a 2018 and they changed the oil pressure sensor thread pattern and pitch for 2018!

The 11-17 cars use standard sae fittings.

However I think the gt350 uses the same as mine but be sure to verify before you buy...
Great info thank you! Just found out the headers are on 8 week back order but I’ll go ahead and mount the IC and do half the IC piping and mount the scavage pump..

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Great info thank you! Just found out the headers are on 8 week back order but I’ll go ahead and mount the IC and do half the IC piping and mount the scavage pump..

I tried to order a set of them last week as well to update my hot side. They said to call back in 3-4 weeks and they should have a better idea on when they will be in.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Hahaha thats great. They had more kits than they could count when i bought mine.

Word is spreading i suppose.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
So you bought the entire kit?

Sponsored

SJ-KY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Gt 350
Did you run a single 3.5 Intercooler pipe off of your 2into1 Aluminium collector? Would love to see a pic of how you routed it.. It’s tight through there..lol

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
After the collector the remaining IC piping is 3" until the upper IC pipe before the throttle body whihc is 3.5".

It is VERY tight where it runs and if i ever have to take that pipe out, ill fab up a 2.5" pipe just for the added clearance.

SJ-KY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Gt 350
After the collector the remaining IC piping is 3" until the upper IC pipe before the throttle body whihc is 3.5".

It is VERY tight where it runs and if i ever have to take that pipe out, ill fab up a 2.5" pipe just for the added clearance.
Oh I see! That’ll def help with clearance for sure.. I wonder how far that single 3 in IC pipe can go until there is a back pressure problem there?

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I dont think small IC piping can lead to back pressure. All it will do is theoretically speed up the spool time--the time with which all of the pipes, intake manifold, and cylinders are "filled" with air.

Really, the motors ability (or inability) to eat the forced air is more of a restriction than IC pipe size.

Sponsored

SJ-KY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Gt 350
I dont think small IC piping can lead to back pressure. All it will do is theoretically speed up the spool time--the time with which all of the pipes, intake manifold, and cylinders are "filled" with air.

Really, the motors ability (or inability) to eat the forced air is more of a restriction than IC pipe size.
Very good theory! Thank you for your input I’ll go 3in as well then..

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Very good theory! Thank you for your input I’ll go 3in as well then..
3" is definitely the max you can go if you plan to run the pipe under the AC compressor on the passenger side.

SJ-KY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Gt 350
3" is definitely the max you can go if you plan to run the pipe under the AC compressor on the passenger side.
Okay gotcha! I mean your putting down 940rwhp through an Auto and that’s around where I’ll probably stop as well anyway since I’m on a stock bullet and if that’s max on fitting it through that area it sounds good to me.. Did you run 3.5 off the other side of the IC up to the throttle I assume?

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Okay gotcha! I mean your putting down 940rwhp through an Auto and that’s around where I’ll probably stop as well anyway since I’m on a stock bullet and if that’s max on fitting it through that area it sounds good to me.. Did you run 3.5 off the other side of the IC up to the throttle I assume?
Right out of the IC is 3" for about 3 foot or so, then it goes up to 3.5" for the last 2 feet as the pipe meets the throttle body.

SJ-KY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Gt 350
Right out of the IC is 3" for about 3 foot or so, then it goes up to 3.5" for the last 2 feet as the pipe meets the throttle body.
Okay my end tank on that side is 4in so my game plan was to neck it down to 3.5 and just run 3.5 on that side since I already have the tubing.. do you think the MAS is good to be about 1.5ft in front of the TB?
Sponsored