Sponsored

Well, add me to the unlucky list.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Good ole no fault state. I hate insurance here in Florida.
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
How old was the lady that hit you?

And why should you pay a deductible?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Good ole no fault state. I hate insurance here in Florida.
and why should you pay a deductible?
If that's right about it being a no fault state, I think that means your own insurance pays no matter who is at fault (hence the name). That probably also means he's on the hook for any and all mods that aren't somehow covered by his policy either by name or an allowance.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
You admittied to going 45 in a 35. This is stupid to admit publicly but also telling. We all speed but when you do you need sharper reflexes and longer stopping distances. You have to count on other drivers acting foolishly, which they all do, including us. You can no longer assert she was 100% at fault any more since at 35 maybe the accident was avoidable and at 45 it was not. And at 45 the damage was certainly increased.

Maybe you were even going more like 50? Hmm. Not easy to mount a car after all.

I say this because I don't give two shits and because the crowd is loving the poor me thing. Having some legal background I can say there are two sides to every story. That's why no-fault exists. Nobody ever thinks they should be held to account.

She just pulled out in front! Of course she did, buddy.

Honestly don't you bear *any* responsibility at all for speeding or does the lady just get a soaking? By the way, she's maybe traumatized from a driver's side hit and without a forum to sympathize with her. You got some damage? So does she. That's why we have insurance.

I'd really love to see the dash cam on this. And a photo of the other car.

And really, you need to get your insurance to explain terms like no fault and diminished value. We are all in different states with different rules. Advice here may not apply to you. Even your coverage for aftermarket parts is explained in your plan documents. You start quoting forum advice you get here to her adjuster, or yours, and you will just come across poorly.

But seriously, good luck and file it away as experience. Cars come and go, injuries seem to last forever.

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
You admittied to going 45 in a 35. This is stupid to admit publicly but also telling. We all speed but when you do you need sharper reflexes and longer stopping distances. You have to count on other drivers acting foolishly, which they all do, including us. You can no longer assert she was 100% at fault any more since at 35 maybe the accident was avoidable and at 45 it was not. And at 45 the damage was certainly increased.

Maybe you were even going more like 50? Hmm. Not easy to mount a car after all.

I say this because I don't give two shits and because the crowd is loving the poor me thing. Having some legal background I can say there are two sides to every story. That's why no-fault exists. Nobody ever thinks they should be held to account.

She just pulled out in front! Of course she did, buddy.

Honestly don't you bear *any* responsibility at all for speeding or does the lady just get a soaking? By the way, she's maybe traumatized from a driver's side hit and without a forum to sympathize with her. You got some damage? So does she. That's why we have insurance.

I'd really love to see the dash cam on this. And a photo of the other car.

And really, you need to get your insurance to explain terms like no fault and diminished value. We are all in different states with different rules. Advice here may not apply to you. Even your coverage for aftermarket parts is explained in your plan documents. You start quoting forum advice you get here to her adjuster, or yours, and you will just come across poorly.

But seriously, good luck and file it away as experience. Cars come and go, injuries seem to last forever.
Well first, thanks for the conjecture. It was entertaining.

There is no question on fault in accordance to the law. She was cited for failure to yield and didnā€™t contest it at the scene. I said I was probably going 45, but I have no idea how fast I was going, it could have been 40, could have even been 35. The only thing I was paying attention to at the time was this car blindly and aggressively turning into me. The Speed limit there turns into 45 mph about a quarter mile down the road, but Iā€™m not concerned about the speed.

After about 10 phone calls with different reps I found that no-fault doesnā€™t apply to property damage, as she is by default ā€˜at faultā€™ but is disputing it with some lies she made in a statement (e.g. she told them she wasnā€™t ticketed). Iā€™ve got a witness and a police report on my side, so I just have to wait it out, which is frustrating, but I guess the dumbass who hit me has nothing to lose by making up a story. Once she is found at faul her policy is paying out the rental and my deductible.

My claim handler said that what they have on the estimate is what they will pay out, and that receiving more money than Iā€™m owed for aftermarket parts not represented on the estimate isnā€™t going to penalize me. Sounds strange but I guess $2000 is small fish to pay out every day. So I guess theyā€™re going to give me a check for the full amount on the estimate and Iā€™ll just keep whatever amount is represented on it for the wheels/tires/tpms/rock guards and pay the remainder to ford. For some reason I feel like itā€™s not going to be that straight forward...

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Once she is found at faul her policy is paying out the rental and my deductible.
Reminds me of the conversation I had with the other person's insurance company after a girl totalled my first Bronco.
Me: "I need a rental and I want you to pay for it".
Insurance agent: "Well, hold on, I need more details."
Me: "Go ahead".
IA: "Where were you when the accident happened?"
Me: "On my couch."
IA: "Who was driving your car, then?"
Me: "No one. It was parked in my yard when your policy holder drove off the road and hit it."
IA: "Were the police called?"
Me: "Yes. They came out and ticketed your holder for driving to endanger."​
I was driving a really nice rental until I found a replacement for my truck.

So I guess theyā€™re going to give me a check for the full amount on the estimate and Iā€™ll just keep whatever amount is represented on it for the wheels/tires/tpms/rock guards and pay the remainder to ford. For some reason I feel like itā€™s not going to be that straight forward...
I would wait until the repairs are finished and have them pay the shop, in case additional damage is found during the repair. Your odds of getting additional money after you cash the check would seem low.

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I would wait until the repairs are finished and have them pay the shop, in case additional damage is found during the repair. Your odds of getting additional money after you cash the check would seem low.
The rep and the collision shop guy said that as they find additional damage (and they will), they document it and add it to the estimate as supplemental something or other, the insurance co reviews and if it is connected to the accident, they will send an additional check. Looks like they just keep going through this process until repair costs are accounted for.

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
Reminds me of the conversation I had with the other person's insurance company after a girl totalled my first Bronco.
Me: "I need a rental and I want you to pay for it".
Insurance agent: "Well, hold on, I need more details."
Me: "Go ahead".
IA: "Where were you when the accident happened?"
Me: "On my couch."
Me: "No one. It was parked in my yard when your policy holder drove off the road and hit it."
Me: "Yes. They came out and ticketed your holder for driving to endanger."​
I had a very similar conversation with an insurance agent. I was at an outdoor shopping area waiting on my wife to come out of a store. I was sitting on a bench and watched as some elderly lady backed into my very bright orange mustang. She wanted to leave to make a wedding or some such. I said sure if she would allow me to record her stating what had happened at that she was at fault. She agreed.

Insurance rep on the phone:

Me: "Your customer damaged my vehicle" I then explained that she backed into my car.
IA: "We will have to investigate"
Me: "I have a dash cam that recorded the incident."
IA: "Where you the driver when the accident happened?"
Me: "Nope."
Me: "No one. I was sitting on a bench about twenty-five feet away."
Me: "No."
IA: "We will have to investigate".
Me: "Your customer recorded a video at the scene for me, explaining how she was at fault".
IA: "Sigh" "OK"
Sponsored