Sponsored

Guess the 2015 5.0 Coyote HP and TQ numbers

Leeky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
Yeah those figures cant be correct. We've got be looking at something in the 450bhp range.

Also they have the ecoboost down as only 305bhp when ford have confirmed its going to be over 310bhp.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
yes, i seriously think people are underguessing.
Yeah those figures cant be correct. We've got be looking at something in the 450bhp range.

Also they have the ecoboost down as only 305bhp when ford have confirmed its going to be over 310bhp.
I hope you are correct. I don't share your optimism. Hope I am wrong.

MINDSET: Being conservative only makes you feel better when you manage to get more as opposed to being liberal, which leaves you continuously unsatisfied, no matter what's given. ;)
Well said. :)

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Yeah, I don't think this debate can really go any further. I believe most of us agree the hardware is in place to make 440-450. It's just a question of whether Ford is content to underrate it, or worse, de-tune it. I'm hoping they'd prefer to make a splash, rather than get people's hopes up by touting all of these big engine upgrades, only to under-deliver (from a public perception standpoint at least) in the end with a very modest 10-15HP gain. We'll just have to see... I honestly won't be surprised either way. Disappointed maybe, depending on what the real world implications are, but not surprised.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
It wouldn't surprise many if Ford rated it at anywhere between 425 and 450... and we found that it made 380ish at the wheels. Anywhere in that area would equate to being underrated.

jeebuspwnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m3
This is like "price is right", if you go over you don't get to have the car.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Guess it is safe to say we will be seeing the specs finally on Monday or right around the corner

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
This is like "price is right", if you go over you don't get to have the car.
:lol:Hey... all I really want is the trip to Hawaii, JACK! I'll get the car on my own... :p

Guess it is safe to say we will be seeing the specs finally on Monday or right around the corner
Hmm... I missed something here... release date set?

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
:lol:Hey... all I really want is the trip to Hawaii, JACK! I'll get the car on my own... :p

Hmm... I missed something here... release date set?
Just figuring if it is in production.... number should be coming out shortly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Thread cleaned up. Individual members have been warned but this goes to all:

There is absolutely no place for politics here. Keep it out or lose posting privileges.

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Just figuring if it is in production.... number should be coming out shortly
Frankly they've held out this long whats to keep them from holding out until the 9/9 OKTB date?

What would give us an indication is which magazines and when those magazines will be printing their initial evaluations. I would think Ford would want to release the numbers right before that so they could get the information correct. Or as I've said they very well just may hold out until they hit the lots at this rate.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Frankly they've held out this long whats to keep them from holding out until the 9/9 OKTB date?

What would give us an indication is which magazines and when those magazines will be printing their initial evaluations. I would think Ford would want to release the numbers right before that so they could get the information correct. Or as I've said they very well just may hold out until they hit the lots at this rate.
I expect we'll start seeing reviews before the end of August, so I don't think Ford would wait until OKTB to release specs. If I had to guess, I'd say we're looking at around a month until they get released. Maybe sooner if we're lucky.

Although I must admit, in a way I'm secretly hoping they will hold off until after I get my order in, after July 18th. ;) I have a feeling once the specs are released (assuming they are good news), there's going to be another wave of pre-orders from all the fence sitters.

RTD

Threads
Reaction score
The excuse that they were holding off on releasing the numbers until EPA certification was complete in cases changes were required that would reduce hp was valid a couple of months ago, but it is no longer valid with production starting in 3 days. They know what the final number is now, they just don't want to release it.

RTD

Threads
Reaction score
With all the Boss stuff in the GT motor you would think it would be at least 444 hp.
It has heads that are slightly better than the Boss heads, the same exhaust cams as the Boss, and very slightly better intake cams. On the other hand, it has an intake manifold that is worse and it doesn't have the forged pistons/rods or some of the beefed up stuff Ford added to be extra confident about the 7500 rpm redline in the Boss. Based on that I'm guessing it comes very close to the Boss rating, but just a hair under - probably 435 or 440.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
It has heads that are slightly better than the Boss heads, the same exhaust cams as the Boss, and very slightly better intake cams. On the other hand, it has an intake manifold that is worse and it doesn't have the forged pistons/rods or some of the beefed up stuff Ford added to be extra confident about the 7500 rpm redline in the Boss. Based on that I'm guessing it comes very close to the Boss rating, but just a hair under - probably 435 or 440.
You are misinformed.

-Sinter forged connecting rods that are lighter and more durable for high-rpm operation
-Redesigned piston tops with deeper cutouts to clear the new larger valves
-Rebalanced forged crankshaft that supports higher-rpm operation

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
The excuse that they were holding off on releasing the numbers until EPA certification was complete in cases changes were required that would reduce hp was valid a couple of months ago, but it is no longer valid with production starting in 3 days. They know what the final number is now, they just don't want to release it.
Production does not start till 8/11
Sponsored