• Total voters

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
The longer this thread goes the worse it gets for @Livernois Motorsports

Hard to believe they did not settle for such a small amount giving the loss of business will be far more.
Exactly, settle it out of court. Give the OP the (more than fair) compensation he is asking, and hope the dust settles and people will forget about it as time goes by. But no, not these clowns, they're like a train wreck that keeps on wrecking. Bad publicity spreads like a can of gas dumped on a campfire. Come on Livernois, did you guys flunk public relations 101?
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You need an attorney.
Push for e discovery and force them prove they secured all firmware, operating systems and tune data and get that data.
Then have your attorney contract an emissions compliance expert and move for discovery of all emissions compliant documentation (they dont have).
They will basically be forced to document and prove they broke the same laws VW did and knew the car would be run on the street.
Copy all your ediscovery to EPA.
This could cost them 6 figures long run, but you may still lose.

They are basically gambling that you are too poor to play the legal game as you really need about $15k disposable to play.
Ask judge for delay and go post in yellow bullet, svt, and everywhere else w a go fund me.
You will probably lose and risk paying his attorneys fees which is part of their strategy.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
At this time I am considering hiring an attorney. Because the case left small claims court where the cap is $6,000, many options are open.

Believe it or not, it really is the principle of the thing.

Sponsored

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Working for a decent size corporation, I know for a fact, we would have settled out of court. Having a company name trashed is far worse than 3k, in my opinion...This thread alone had thousands of views, how much has this cost Livernois in potential ?? Hmmmm

Last edited:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
There's still a way to go, at this stage it costs them very little to bluff compared to what you may gain so they may bluff until the last minute. Many people will baulk and cave when confronted by a legal beagle in a small claims matter. Try not to be influenced by tactics. It's an unfortunate business and quite deplorable but not uncommon.

Last edited:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Glad I’ve waited to do any real modifications to my car. I initially liked the things I read about livernois, and likely would have considered them for things other than a tune. But now I can be assured to not recommend them to anyone or use them.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Final pre-trial is in April. I will post results.

nate-roth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Wow the tuning at LMS must be ridicously lame. I self tuned with hp tuners that same maggie combo in my 14' with a 3.6 pulley, ID 1000's, JMS BAP and a CFM CAI on E85. The intake makes a huge difference, I also went from 19 to 24 degrees timing from 93 to E85. Car gained about over 120+ rwhp with the CAI and E85. 520 through the stock air box at 16 degrees sounds about right, even just the CAI and bump to 19 degrees on 93 will be worth 60-70 rwhp.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
legal fees will be over 3k, bad press may kill the shop.

Sharing this on facebook as its to good not too. These shitshows need ran out of town.

I went to court in my civil suit against Livernois Motorsports today. This is a civil suit I started several months ago as I belive I was wronged by LMS.
So, Livernois Motorsports decided to move the case from Small Claims to regular civil court with an attorney. I met the attorney today. Nice guy. They asked what I would agree to. I asked him what they would pay. He said $900. I explained I live 550 miles from Dearborn Heights and it was an inconvenience. I said I would settle for $3000 which I felt was a fair compromise.

Instead the attorney said they would go to court. 60 days for discovery. I have some evidence which I will share with them as well as witnesses, etc.

Please PM me if you have had an issue with Livernois Motorsports tune or damage they caused to your car.

And, if you would be willing to testify in the case.

Again, please do not respond here. PM me. Thanks for anyone willing to testify.

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You need an attorney.
Push for e discovery and force them prove they secured all firmware, operating systems and tune data and get that data.
Then have your attorney contract an emissions compliance expert and move for discovery of all emissions compliant documentation (they dont have).
They will basically be forced to document and prove they broke the same laws VW did and knew the car would be run on the street.
Copy all your ediscovery to EPA.
This could cost them 6 figures long run, but you may still lose.

They are basically gambling that you are too poor to play the legal game as you really need about $15k disposable to play.
Ask judge for delay and go post in yellow bullet, svt, and everywhere else w a go fund me.
You will probably lose and risk paying his attorneys fees which is part of their strategy.
This is a terrible idea. No need to give the epa and the government lawyers yet another way to screw over the tubing world (or give case law to start that process) in the hopes of getting a couple grand. This is basically asking for laws to be written to stop aftermarket tuning during a time when they already are trying to do just that.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@GreenS550 , did you ever hire a lawyer? Interested to see if they came around before trial. There's no doubt in my mind that they're monitoring this thread.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I hope you get an attorney man. These things are complicated and if they have one I think you should get one. I know Steve Lehto is in the Detroit area and he is an expert on this stuff, I would honestly give him a call. Not that I know anything about this, I've just read his articles for years about these sorts of topics.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I hope you get an attorney man. These things are complicated and if they have one I think you should get one. I know Steve Lehto is in the Detroit area and he is an expert on this stuff, I would honestly give him a call. Not that I know anything about this, I've just read his articles for years about these sorts of topics.
Pm me
Sponsored