Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
I figured you'd be taking the low road.

I did read your post. You said anyone who pays for a high price Roush is laughed at by true mustang enthusiasts.

Therefore, someone who purchases a high priced Roush would not be a true mustang enthusiast.

Just trying to help you come across better to all mustang fans. The Camaro comment was a joke.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That's said I cant take the opinion of anyone that actually says "libtard" seriously. Do you also run Micro$oft WinBlows? Act better than a 12yo on xbox. You're an adult and this isn't Reddit. Enjoying that cheap Canadian healthcare?
It's pretty ridiculous to try and censor what someone says/writes here (or anywhere else), so please knock-off the thought/speech Police routine. Using the word "libtard" is perfectly fine, and the poster's free right. Don't like that word? Tough, suck it up, words can't hurt you.

Plus, a Canadian calling someone a libtard is at least a step in the right direction. There might be hope for liberty and free speech in this world after all.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Using the word "libtard" is perfectly fine, and the poster's free right.
It is, but it also shows a level of ignorance if not stupidity that is not small. One should not complain about being judged when he judges others in such a way.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's pretty ridiculous to try and censor what someone says/writes here (or anywhere else), so please knock-off the thought/speech Police routine. Using the word "libtard" is perfectly fine, and the poster's free right. Don't like that word? Tough, suck it up, words can't hurt you.

Plus, a Canadian calling someone a libtard is at least a step in the right direction. There might be hope for liberty and free speech in this world after all.
Has nothing to do with hurting me. It has to do with the poster sounding uneducated, bias and immature. Sure he's free to sound like an idiot, but it's also in my rights to point it out as such.

He doesn't want to deal with being called out on childish behavior? He can stop acting like a child.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
For NYDP. The paragraph I wrote and the sentence he is trying to rationalize some sort of argument from (bolded)
Tob said:
Roush also has the capability to design and manufacture some cutting edge aero pieces (they don't have to be fiber either). A decent brake package and some mild but well chosen suspension pieces and you're done. Shitcan the gaudiness that only bumps the price up to a level that has true Mustang enthusiasts laughing. Had I my druthers, the Roush would be a Boss 429-like exterior theme. Minimalist with the balance being far more towards reasonable performance and far less like an old fart car for gramps to drive a car full of toddlers down Main Street in some parade.
You write....

NYDP77 said:
I did read your post. You said anyone who pays for a high price Roush is laughed at by true mustang enthusiasts. Therefore, someone who purchases a high priced Roush would not be a true mustang enthusiast.
Just trying to help you come across better to all mustang fans. The Camaro comment was a joke.
I never said anyone who pays for a high price Roush (read the above, again) is laughed at by true mustang enthusiasts. You did. Therefore, both your premise and conclusion rest on the flawed side and your statement is inaccurate. Misquoting never holds water in any serious discussion. You taking umbridge with what you see as an apparent attack on your approach to the hobby is misguided. Hardware that adds nothing in terms of performance while also affecting (eye of the beholder here) appearance negatively (directly related to cost to benefit as well) is long lost upon those paying a premium for performance capability. That is, unless they aren't aware of the value either way and performance isn't the primary driver for the car. And my goal has never been one of coming across "better" to all Mustang fans. I see everything from an engineered perspective and am not here or anywhere else simply to be viewed one way or another by fans of a certain vehicular genre. The Mustang has had plenty of flaws since inception. My interest lies in how I think they can be made into a better performance value.

GEdito and read reviews here in this thread, elsewhere at 6G and across the web. Once again, you will see universal agreement regarding pricing (both new and used) and the hit you may take selling a "Roush." It is clear, the gaudy hardware that does nothing to bump performance bumps price - on any vehicle. And in this case, many see it as a downgrade in appearance. I was merely addressing the fact that Roush easily has the capacity to build something on another level and that for watever reason they aim well below that. Consistently. Bring the performance buy value and the customers will come.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Has nothing to do with hurting me. It has to do with the poster sounding uneducated, bias and immature. Sure he's free to sound like an idiot, but it's also in my rights to point it out as such.

He doesn't want to deal with being called out on childish behavior? He can stop acting like a child.

Or you could just have a big cup of STFU. See how that works? Because I find the thought police to be more annoying than his childish posts. You don’t like his childish post. Use the ignorant feature. Opinions are just that. Yours is no more or less valuable than his! You boys wanna argue about politics. There’s a section for that. Not the general forum section!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Or you could just have a big cup of STFU. See how that works? Because I find the thought police to be more annoying than his childish posts. You don’t like his childish post. Use the ignorant feature. Opinions are just that. Yours is no more or less valuable than his! You boys wanna argue about politics. There’s a section for that. Not the general forum section!
That's part of my point. Matt's politics has nothing to do with his opinion of the car. Being D or R has nothing to do with evaluating how good the Roush is as a car or of it's worth it's value. It just shows bias, lack of knowledge on the topic and immaturity,

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That's part of my point. Matt's politics has nothing to do with his opinion of the car. Being D or R has nothing to do with evaluating how good the Roush is as a car or of it's worth it's value. It just shows bias, lack of knowledge on the topic and immaturity,
I’m sure everyone gets your point. Does the fact that you felt the need to call out someone. Ad anything to the Roush topic? Honest question? Now if you’d like to offer your opinion on a Roush stage 3. I’d be just as interested in yours. As I would be in Matt’s. Because I firmly of the belief. That having a YouTube channel doesn’t make you any kind of automotive authority. Personally, I could care less what Matt or stangmode or Motor trend has to say. I drove a Roush. I would never buy one. But I get the appeal of a 700hp warranted car.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have a Bullitt with an MT82. It's never 'clunked' going into first, nor has it grinded going into second (it does, however, sometimes grind a little going into third). Driving an MT takes 'touch' and I don't care if he's an internet celebrity, I don't think he has it.
Give it some time, your car is still new. I'm on my second mt82. with 9k miles on it, it is showing the same symptoms. Driven manuals for 21 years. Ford listen and put the TR6060 in the 2020.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
For NYDP. The paragraph I wrote and the sentence he is trying to rationalize some sort of argument from (bolded)

I apologize. I didn't quote you correctly, it pretty much says the same thing how I interpreted it. Anyways, it doesn't matter what someone pays for their mustang, or what they pay to put on their mustang, they can still be a true enthusiast. Enjoy your day. No hard feelings.

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Give it some time, your car is still new. I'm on my second mt82. with 9k miles on it, it is showing the same symptoms. Driven manuals for 21 years. Ford listen and put the TR6060 in the 2020.
Crap. Very disappointed to hear that; will have to consider a Tremec transplant.

EDIT: Got a link to the 2020 spec'ing a Tremec?

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Crap. Very disappointed to hear that; will have to consider a Tremec transplant.

EDIT: Got a link to the 2020 spec'ing a Tremec?
I think that he was telling Ford to listen, not that they are listening.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

All of us can sound as uneducated, biased and immature as we want. And while it's not P.C., I don't mind calling someone out, telling them they're acting like a moron. Let's just not demand others censor themselves. I'm a big Freedom of Speech guy.

But maybe I'm just over-reacting a bit here.

It is, but it also shows a level of ignorance if not stupidity that is not small. One should not complain about being judged when he judges others in such a way.
I made the mistake of jumping in during an on-going "discussion", and not seeing the previous posts/history. My bad. I keep reminding myself that is a seriously stupid thing to do, and yet I still do it!!!:crackup:

Still, let's not try and censor people.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
All of us can sound as uneducated, biased and immature as we want. And while it's not P.C., I don't mind calling someone out, telling them they're acting like a moron. Let's just not demand others censor themselves. I'm a big Freedom of Speech guy.

But maybe I'm just over-reacting a bit here.

I made the mistake of jumping in during an on-going "discussion", and not seeing the previous posts/history. My bad. I keep reminding myself that is a seriously stupid thing to do, and yet I still do it!!!:crackup:

Still, let's not try and censor people.
Pointing out he sounds like a fool isn't the same as censorship. Hes more than free to continue it. But using a word that is clearly on the level of saying "retard" isn't a way to gather any respect for him or his opinion, more so when it has nothing to do with topic. It's like saying you have blue hair so I don't trust your opinion on the new Z06 you are reviewing. They aren't related.

I'm not even a Farah fan, I just found it really childish.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I think that he was telling Ford to listen, not that they are listening.
I usually like to keep my cars stock--I get Bullitts because of the color and they come 'stock' with the options I would likely pick--but if my MT's a turd and I can find somebody to do it I might do the swap.
Sponsored