Sponsored

New player in town , Challenger 1320

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The Challenger is one of the very few cars that can stay in production basically as is and really sell for as long as there are people alive who know what they are and were. They really built a winner. Even the SXT V6 is awesome, and the build quality is really excellent.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine is supposed to go look at a NEW '18 Scat Pack that's on a local dealer's lot. Black car, 6 speed, NAV, and some other options. Sticker is $46K. Their price on it right now is $36K.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A friend of mine is supposed to go look at a NEW '18 Scat Pack that's on a local dealer's lot. Black car, 6 speed, NAV, and some other options. Sticker is $46K. Their price on it right now is $36K.
Sticks seem to be lower in price but I would get a A8

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Have you seem a 19 T/A 392 run at the track?
Just curious what they run in a good DA on street tires and drag radials
I ran a TA at the 1/8 mile not long ago , not sure it was a 19 ? could have been and 18 ... Anyway he ran a 7.80s @ 90 if I remember right ..He told me his best was a 12.20 in the 1/4 mile ..His was all stock but for sticky tires in the rear ..

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I wish I had a ton of disposable income, I'd order one of these today just because the thing is so ME. B5 blue, no other options.

It would be a killer street car, and would look sweet parked next to my S550....

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Well it has Nav , Bluetooth , 8 1/2 touch screen ..back up sensors .. I don't know much about the packages but it does have adaptive cruise and heated leather steering wheel .. It's a R/T Scat Pack with the 1320 package .. I'll shoot a picture of the window sticker later and post it up .. it was 46k+ and another 399.00 for the third strobe brake light that the dealer added .. The dealer marked it down from the 46k+ to 42k ..
So it does have the heated steering wheel without getting the plus group. I know it may seem minor, but one of the reasons I'm considering the camaro over the challenger is their lack of options, most notably interior seat options. I'm leaning toward F8 and you can only get black and if you get the SP, I think the bee emblem looks a little cheesy. I also like octane and know you can get red interior, but not sure how much it matches. I guess another option would be to get Katskin, but sounds a little pricey.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I've noticed a left over 18 green one that has been on the lot for several months marked down to 39.5 from 47.5. But IDK, the 19's have a lot of upgrades I like, especially the hood and SRT electronics and it has the 245 wheels in which I would have to at least get some wider tires.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I wish I had a ton of disposable income, I'd order one of these today just because the thing is so ME. B5 blue, no other options.

It would be a killer street car, and would look sweet parked next to my S550....
Love B5, we almost waited out a special order DDRT for that color. The Challenger in particular works great with less-than-typical colors.

Hellcat, B5, satin black hood, wide-body, maybe swap the calipers to a more neutral color ... <homer_drooling_photo>

Technically a Redeye ....

maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
So it does have the heated steering wheel without getting the plus group. I know it may seem minor, but one of the reasons I'm considering the camaro over the challenger is their lack of options, most notably interior seat options. I'm leaning toward F8 and you can only get black and if you get the SP, I think the bee emblem looks a little cheesy. I also like octane and know you can get red interior, but not sure how much it matches. I guess another option would be to get Katskin, but sounds a little pricey.
I really wish I could answer your questions but it can't .. I just don't know how these packages work .. My car was one of two setting on the lot .. Mine had the rear seat delete and I wanted that , the other one was black with all the seats , but i'll never do another black car .. Mine is the Destroyer Gray and I like it but would have loved to have F8 green seeing must of my old hemi cars were F8 green ..
IMG_0238.jpg
1e3fb00be59b162efdd8c03bf71b27c7.jpg

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I do get a challenger, I'm torn between octane red and F8 (B5 and orange don't look bad either). If I go the camaro route, its gotta be garnet red or hyper blue, although I do like their grays too. I'm with you on black, they look good, but I had one for a couple years and it seemed like a part time job to keep clean.

Sponsored
OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Hey smokinzx, what options did you get on your 1320? It looks like you got the base with the sound group. When I build one like I would want (with 1320 plus, NAV and sound it comes to around 48.5k). But then when I build a regular SP with dynamics, damping and plus group it comes out to right around the same, so might as well go with the 1320. IDK, probably the best I could hope for from a dealer would be 43-44k and that's about 4-5k more than I wanted to spend. Looks like I may have to settle for a mildly optioned 2SS.
Medsport here is my window sticker , maybe this will help ..
IMG_1877.JPG

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. That's what I thought. You didn't get the plus package, but I'm surprised you still got the heated steering wheel and seat. That might be the way to go. If I end up missing the leather, you can always go aftermarket. Plus if you get the rear seat delete, you won't have to worry about doing those.

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Thanks. That's what I thought. You didn't get the plus package, but I'm surprised you still got the heated steering wheel and seat. That might be the way to go. If I end up missing the leather, you can always go aftermarket. Plus if you get the rear seat delete, you won't have to worry about doing those.
So true ... That is why I posted the window sticker for you because I have no clue what the packages are .. Seems you have a handle on that ...

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I did hit the 1/4 mile track last night and was very unhappy with the outcome ..The car did hook out of the hole the like it did Weds night with a 1.65 60 footer ( foot brake ) but track prep was poor and the car spun like hell when it shifted to second gear and third gear , that killed my 1/8 mile numbers to 7.65 from my best of 7.45 .. Had it not spun it would have at least run 11.70s or so ? .. So I ended up with a piss poor 11.87 @ 114 ..
11.87 @ 114 is still great. I didn't think a stock NA Challenger was even capable of an 11 sec pass. But a 2018+ GT will trap 4-6 mph faster so there is still a lot of catching up to do imo...

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
11.87 @ 114 is still great. I didn't think a stock NA Challenger was even capable of an 11 sec pass. But a 2018+ GT will trap 4-6 mph faster so there is still a lot of catching up to do imo...
..The challenger is big car so 115 doesn't surprise me at all, It 's kind of like running with a 4x8 sheet plywood into the wind :)
Sponsored