Sponsored

GT350R on track chasing Ford GT

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't know that they were overly hard on the GT driver. The GT driver had placed himself in the fastest, most experienced group. Regardless of the car's capability, if the driver isn't experienced, then he wasn't running in the right group.

I've only had a few days track experience myself and consider myself very much a novice. But even I noticed the poor lines the GT was making.

Even so, I did love watching the video and seeing the GT in action!

I was also watching everything I could about the driver of the GT350 because he seemed to know what he was doing. ;)
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I don't know that they were overly hard on the GT driver. The GT driver had placed himself in the fastest, most experienced group. Regardless of the car's capability, if the driver isn't experienced, then he wasn't running in the right group.

I've only had a few days track experience myself and consider myself very much a novice. But even I noticed the poor lines the GT was making.

Even so, I did love watching the video and seeing the GT in action!

I was also watching everything I could about the driver of the GT350 because he seemed to know what he was doing. ;)
Rick Titus was there in the OVC 65 GT350 Mustang and fkat run over most of the group. That is the definition of knowing what to do

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Tim Stieve, I think we have met! Or maybe it was someone with a similar name?

Several years ago there was a Mustang club event out at Pacific Junction in Iowa. They call it RPM now, but it used to be MAM under the management of that time. That was my first time out and I had a blue Mustang (V6) with some basic mods and tunes. I think it might have been you that rode with me a time or two out there and I remember you gave me some really great tips and advice! If you are that person, then thanks again! The ride with you really made my day and helped make my first experience at a track a really great one!

At the time I had meant to send you video I took of the runs. Unfortunately due to light conditions and... a bit of over excitement on my part caused me to forget to press start recording on half of them meant I didn't have good video to share.

If that wasn't you, then... oops sorry! :)

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Tim Stieve, I think we have met! Or maybe it was someone with a similar name?

Several years ago there was a Mustang club event out at Pacific Junction in Iowa. They call it RPM now, but it used to be MAM under the management of that time. That was my first time out and I had a blue Mustang (V6) with some basic mods and tunes. I think it might have been you that rode with me a time or two out there and I remember you gave me some really great tips and advice! If you are that person, then thanks again! The ride with you really made my day and helped make my first experience at a track a really great one!

At the time I had meant to send you video I took of the runs. Unfortunately due to light conditions and... a bit of over excitement on my part caused me to forget to press start recording on half of them meant I didn't have good video to share.

If that wasn't you, then... oops sorry! :)
I was there :)

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
This explains some stuff about him:

His channel is pretty popular. When I bought my car last summer, I found him right away. His voice annoys the hell out of me, but yet I clicked subscribe and still watch from time to time. Maybe I love to hate him? Maybe I appreciate his eagerness to share Shelby love.

As for the video, I thought it was a fun time. I was a bit worried that the instructor was just paying attention to the GT - or was the passenger not an instructor but rather along for the ride?

Lastly, I thought the comments about the GT giving a pass signal was said in jest and as a joke. In my VERY limited experience on the track, I would not expect a pass signal in that situation. They were too closely matched and the GT was of course much faster in the straights.

Bottom line: it was a fun video to watch, which is why he's making money off YouTube at 18. Good for him.

Sponsored

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
I remember watching this video and calling total BS with regards to him saying he can afford this cause of what he makes from YouTube. I actually have a channel with over 2 million subscribers (not car related) and I can tell you that he most definitely can not afford to buy the super snake gt500, the gt350r and the McLaren he’s waiting seemingly forever for on the lack of views he receives. At most he’s just now clearing a thousand or so a month. When he released this video saying how he can afford those cars he was making even less.

From time to time I watch his videos cause I’m a fan of Shelby’s but he’s not being truthful. It’s most likely family money and for his own personal reasons he doesn’t want to state that.

Here’s a very scripted and fake video from his account lol -

This explains some stuff about him:

His channel is pretty popular. When I bought my car last summer, I found him right away. His voice annoys the hell out of me, but yet I clicked subscribe and still watch from time to time. Maybe I love to hate him? Maybe I appreciate his eagerness to share Shelby love.

As for the video, I thought it was a fun time. I was a bit worried that the instructor was just paying attention to the GT - or was the passenger not an instructor but rather along for the ride?

Lastly, I thought the comments about the GT giving a pass signal was said in jest and as a joke. In my VERY limited experience on the track, I would not expect a pass signal in that situation. They were too closely matched and the GT was of course much faster in the straights.

Bottom line: it was a fun video to watch, which is why he's making money off YouTube at 18. Good for him.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
WOW!!! This quickly turned ugly. Ford GT is dope and obviously more than twice the car. Having said that. At a track event, ALWAYS POINT BY THE FASTER DRIVER/CAR. If some how you feel differently you have not been doing it long enough. Look, I get it. Some drivers talent far surpass others and same goes for the cars. Why not let the faster driver or car go by? You ask me , that's the ego. Shoot! It just happened to me last weekend with a heavily modified 12 GTR. The car is waaaaay faster than my R but the driver is not. My in car footage has me saying very similar things this kid says. Its frustrating to say the least. And you know what. Later in the day it happened again but this time the driver sought me ought and apologized. I wasn't upset enough to complain to him and maybe more upset the corner workers not blue flagging him. Either way, his apology was accepted. Needles to say he was not the only driver/car that would not point by when the obvious faster driver/car was behind them. No shame in my game. Car is on my ass, I point by.

Amendment: the GT driver should not have been in the advanced group non the less the intermediate. If a GT350R is in you in the turns and you drive a GT, ego aside, step back a group or two lol

Last edited:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have z
WOW!!! This quickly turned ugly. Ford GT is dope and obviously more than twice the car. Having said that. At a track event, ALWAYS POINT BY THE FASTER DRIVER/CAR. If some how you feel differently you have not been doing it long enough. Look, I get it. Some drivers talent far surpass others and same goes for the cars. Why not let the faster driver or car go by? You ask me , that's the ego. Shoot! It just happened to me last weekend with a heavily modified 12 GTR. The car is waaaaay faster than my R but the driver is not. My in car footage has me saying very similar things this kid says. Its frustrating to say the least. And you know what. Later in the day it happened again but this time the driver sought me ought and apologized. I wasn't upset enough to complain to him and maybe more upset the corner workers not blue flagging him. Either way, his apology was accepted. Needles to say he was not the only driver/car that would not point by when the obvious faster driver/car was behind them. No shame in my game. Car is on my ass, I point by.

Amendment: the GT driver should not have been in the advanced group non the less the intermediate. If a GT350R is in you in the turns and you drive a GT, ego aside, step back a group or two lol
The GT was not in the advanced group. I'm not sure who was driving the car at this point but, it was not the owner. I will say this, if you are slower then the car behind you, point by, that's a given. However, if someone does not point you by, you have a several choices. You can pull in the staging and reset your position. You can always go have a chat with the driver or with the track officials or the organizers as well. Or, you can post a video on the internet and bitch after the event is over. I guess the later sells

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
:clap: This was at the Shelby Bash, Day one. I made YouTube! :sunglasses: I ran the meeting and I was also the instructor for the Ford GT drivers. Both drivers were in our beginner group and this footage was in the advanced group so, I am not sure who is driving. I have an R on the way and as excited as I am about it, the Ford GT is insane. This particular driver missed a lot of the lines he should have been on (early in the event) and that car just goes where pointed. Fun fact. The car is owned by the designer of the 2004 Ford GT. As the weekend went on, he was probably my best student. The kid doing the videos has a big ego, Hes not a bad driver and hes young but...… At first when you posted, I thought it was going to be ok but, toward the end, the whining started. Its true, I did ask drivers to let others pass. I also said if they didn't, roll through the pits and give yourself some room. His only goal was to pass the GT. I think this kid has some talent. To bad he cant loose the atitude
[/QUOTE]

You said the footage was of the advance group and that is the footage I am commenting on. I agree with making room. Most definitely pit in and get some room, I do. None the less frustrating especially when it happens more than once same car/driver. My point is that the kids statements are not unfounded. If you are not aware enough to manage traffic you should be in novice. And honestly, I disagree with many media platforms but It's his you tube channel to do and post how he likes. Don't like it don't watch it.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I remember watching this video and calling total BS with regards to him saying he can afford this cause of what he makes from YouTube. I actually have a channel with over 2 million subscribers (not car related) and I can tell you that he most definitely can not afford to buy the super snake gt500, the gt350r and the McLaren he’s waiting seemingly forever for on the lack of views he receives. At most he’s just now clearing a thousand or so a month. When he released this video saying how he can afford those cars he was making even less.

From time to time I watch his videos cause I’m a fan of Shelby’s but he’s not being truthful. It’s most likely family money and for his own personal reasons he doesn’t want to state that.

Here’s a very scripted and fake video from his account lol -
Both him and the female Shelby youtuber that have been posted to this site are a joke.

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Thanks for posting the video!

As far as not getting a point by, just run in the super advanced groups where point bys are optional. Easy solution!

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

You said the footage was of the advance group and that is the footage I am commenting on. I agree with making room. Most definitely pit in and get some room, I do. None the less frustrating especially when it happens more than once same car/driver. My point is that the kids statements are not unfounded. If you are not aware enough to manage traffic you should be in novice. And honestly, I disagree with many media platforms but It's his you tube channel to do and post how he likes. Don't like it don't watch it.[/QUOTE]

There is more to this then I am comfortable sharing. Yes, this was advanced and no, Im not sure why the car was out in this group. Yes its his media platform but, its a private event.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting the video!

As far as not getting a point by, just run in the super advanced groups where point bys are optional. Easy solution!
Not all advanced groups are created equal. Many clubs require a point by but allowing passing anywhere on track. This is not racing. You don't want half million dollars cars passed arbitrarily increasing the risk and potential accident.

You said the footage was of the advance group and that is the footage I am commenting on. I agree with making room. Most definitely pit in and get some room, I do. None the less frustrating especially when it happens more than once same car/driver. My point is that the kids statements are not unfounded. If you are not aware enough to manage traffic you should be in novice. And honestly, I disagree with many media platforms but It's his you tube channel to do and post how he likes. Don't like it don't watch it.
There is more to this then I am comfortable sharing. Yes, this was advanced and no, Im not sure why the car was out in this group. Yes its his media platform but, its a private event.[/QUOTE]

I understand. However, being a private event I am sure the organizers approved the video release. And if no approval was required the video is public regardless of event status.

Managing traffic, using mirrors, avoiding tunnel vision are all skills needed to advance in groups, agree? The driver of the GT in the video was clearly in the wrong group.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
'Eerbody braking early and missing apexes.

Later in the video the GT was not holding him up. The kid wasn't close enough in the corners to warrant a point by. Maybe the first lap but even then he wasn't close through the corner or got a better exit to stay with the GT to warrant a point by.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I'm speaking from experience, if you don't want to wait for point bys, then run in groups that have super advanced groups where point bys are optional. I've run with half million dollar cars... including Ford GTs.

Not all advanced groups are created equal. Many clubs require a point by but allowing passing anywhere on track. This is not racing. You don't want half million dollars cars passed arbitrarily increasing the risk and potential accident.

[/QUOTE]
Sponsored