Sponsored

California residents with out of state purchase

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy another GT350 and wanted to get some insight on what banks/lenders you used for out of state purchase? My credit union (Logix) does not allow out of state purchases. This is for California residents.
Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy another GT350 and wanted to get some insight on what banks/lenders you used for out of state purchase? My credit union (Logix) does not allow out of state purchases. This is for California residents.
Check out PenFed. They usually have good rates. Never used them personally, but I know people who use them on out of state purchases, and have used them multiple times. Good luck!

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
I have financed 5 cars with Pentagon Federal they are they are great to deal with, Customer service is top notch. loan answers within minutes, check can be next day aired. Grace period with no penalty in case you forget. They allow you to run storage insurance for those of us in the Snow belt. Great financial institution

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Are you buying out of state because good price elsewhere? If you have never done this, buyer beware! You will be hassled. You must take your NEW car to be smogged and then go to DMV. If problems, who ya gonna call? Another forum member recently reported a nightmare with this...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrzero

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
Are you buying out of state because good price elsewhere? If you have never done this, buyer beware! You will be hassled. You must take your NEW car to be smogged and then go to DMV. If problems, who ya gonna call? Another forum member recently reported a nightmare with this...
Yeah, way better prices out of state. I've brought a used car out of state before and i didn't have any problems with DMV ........knock on wood. Thanks for the heada up though

ltcolton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
350R,Trackhawk,FocusRS,911,R8GT,S2000,AlfaGiulia
I purchased my R in January from out of state. Luckily the dealership handled the DMV paperwork but I still had to get the car smog here in California. Since the car was new the Smog Sensors had to be cycled to get a reading from the Smog station which was kind of a hassle. Google "Engine Cycles" for tips. Chase Bank and Wells Fargo will loan on out of state purchases. Good luck.

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Mrzero, you can always use their bank for financing. Once registered with the dmv (smogged and etc), you can refinance using Logix. Most credit unions just care that the car is registered as a CA car...

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
No worries with out of State buying, at all.....I have bought 6 cars out of State, new/used, dealer and private party. My GT350 was from Indiana.
Simply make a appointment online at your favorite DMV, NOW, do 3/4 cold starts and put some miles on the car, get her smogged and take to your appointment.

Make sure if new, that the selling dealer supplies the certificate/statement of origin, manufactures statement, whatever they call it. They will know what to do.
Use your code reader to tell when all monitors are set, buy one on Amazon if u do not have one. You do NOT need evap to be ready in CAL. All other must show ready.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
cant answer your loan question, but i too went out of state, shipped to CA, no problems. paid tax at DMV and had car smogged. all smooth. make an appt as DMV is usually about 1 month out for appts. and yes, definitely better deals out of state.
Sponsored