Time to Mod

crimsonshade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang, 1993 LX mustang 5.0
Ok, Its time to Mod and Cobb looks like they just released support for the 2019 ecoboost mustangs. I would like some peoples opinions (yes i know asking for that can be dangerous). I am looking at a couple different package deals. I only have daily access to 91 octane fuel but would like to try to get my ecoboost to around 325hp/400tq to the wheels. I have done a lot of reading here and elsewhere and have found the following options.

option 1 the MAPerformance p1.5
https://www.maperformance.com/produ...-mustang-ecoboost-ebm-p1-5?variant=7525347715

option 2 the COBB Tuning stage 3
https://www.cobbtuning.com/products...ge-3-power-package-mustang-ecoboost-2015-2019

I have looked at some TUNE+ stuff but really want to change the sound of the car with exhaust and intake additionally based on the numbers they post i feel that i would still be a long way if i chose the W350 kit and added an exhaust and intake as well as having the price be more than the other options.

With all of that said please share any experiences/opinions good or bad.
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Very few will reccomend a kit, and without a pro tune you won't hit the numbers you want.

The W350 costs more because it's flat out better and includes more. Sparks and a proper tune is required, that kit includes it. The cobb AP is the best tuner IMO.

None of them will hit 325whp without E30 or such as well

OP
OP

crimsonshade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang, 1993 LX mustang 5.0
one thought I had had after browsing the MAP site was to apply for their military discount and use the savings there to get the unlimited protune package through adamtune/tune+ not sure what the proper name really is anymore. Then i would be able to get a 91 for normal driving and an E30 for track days. This seems like a compromise i could live with and it would still beat the snot out of stock.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I would recommend piece mailing what you want. Pick the exhaust you like best, pick the protuner, intercooler, charge pipes etc. No need to go with a kit.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Cobb offers military discount too, 15% on one item a month.

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
We offer a military discount as well as extended discounts in return for feedback on all CVF-branded products (and allow you to combine them). Give us a look and drop me a PM if you'd like to chat - there are plenty of reviews in the links below:

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/the-cvf-collection
Sponsored