maatto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Backstory is;
I hit a speedbump at around 20mph, It blended into the road and was too late to brake, didn't want to rip off bumper.
All car is factory apart from exhaust

here you can hear the creaking im speaking off:

Also I had a service last year in september, and done about 1500 miles since, oil level is now at 0%.
I did check the dip and it looked fine, can this be reset or does it actually need changing?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Reset the oil life indicator. It is designed to “count down” based on actual miles driven or by “time passed”. Using your steering wheel button, go into main dash cluster menu, under vehcile settings and you should find the oil indicator setting there. Just reset it back to 100%.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Yep, the oil life monitor will count down from 100% to 0% in 1 year (2% a week) even if the car sits in the garage and is never driven. Disconnecting the battery during storage would prevent the OLM time countdown.

OP
OP

maatto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Ford reset the oil life when it went in for the creaking.
they've lubed a few things on the passenger side and the noise has gone away, just another waiting game to see if it comes back like it did before.
Found out Bill Shepherd is just an hours drive away so if it continues I'll give them a call!
Sponsored