Sponsored

Shuddering when going for it......

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I have a UK spec, whipple supercharged GT with about 830bhp, recently added a small pulley a QA1 Carbon fibre drive shaft, mantic clutch and gforce axles. Every now and then when giving it some power in say 3d or 4th i will get a shuddering sensation, if i back off the shuddering continues but less so then slow right down it goes. The next time i get on the power it can be fine there seems to be no logic to it. I know i am not breaking traction and you can really feel the sensation of juddering, it almost puts you off going heavy on the gas pedal? Is this a sympton of the drive train set up? when cruising and taking it easy there is no NVH, and i can comfortably sit at 80 with no noise at all. Get on the gs, get to 80 in 3rd and like i say a shudder. Would welcome views as to what it might be. Checked all the obvious stuff such as wheel nuts etc, but this seems an odd one.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Almost sounds like the driveshaft is not balanced or not installed right...? Is the car yawing left to right/right to left at all? Or is it a vibration. Only in 3rd or 4th?

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
No it doesn't pull to right ot left. Had a bit more time to play today, it comes in when WOT in 2nd, 3rd 4th, hitting 6k revs. Its not like a shudder or vibration its feels like a knocking and you can feel it under the car. I am going to get the checked but sending something back to the US for them to say its fine is going to cost big time !!!!
Sponsored