2018-2019 Ford Performance Ecoboost Tune Released

TurboStang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost MT, PP, 101A, Spoiler Delete
I just flashed my M-9603-M4C onto my 2018 PP, 6sp manual last night. It feels stronger after the 50 miles I put on it so far. I just chatted with FRPP asking if there is indeed a learning period even though the car has always been run on 93 octane for its entire 16,000 miles to date. They said absolutely yes, it can take anywhere from 50 to 500 miles for the tune to reach its full potential. All the factory safeguards regarding octane adjust and learning are kept in place.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I just flashed my M-9603-M4C onto my 2018 PP, 6sp manual last night. It feels stronger after the 50 miles I put on it so far. I just chatted with FRPP asking if there is indeed a learning period even though the car has always been run on 93 octane for its entire 16,000 miles to date. They said absolutely yes, it can take anywhere from 50 to 500 miles for the tune to reach its full potential. All the factory safeguards regarding octane adjust and learning are kept in place.
Quick update for me. For some reason the dealer was unable to install the tune. They tried multiple times and it wouldn't take. Waiting for them and FRPP to figure it out. Hoping to be back there Monday.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Quick update for me. For some reason the dealer was unable to install the tune. They tried multiple times and it wouldn't take. Waiting for them and FRPP to figure it out. Hoping to be back there Monday.
Make sure they are plugging in the OBD reader hard as it can go, this issue happened before with someone else.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
When i had my 2017 FP calibration installed the dealer had problems also. When completed and got home and checked it wasnt even flashed and had stock tune on it. I ended up doing it myself.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
When i had my 2017 FP calibration installed the dealer had problems also. When completed and got home and checked it wasnt even flashed and had stock tune on it. I ended up doing it myself.
Well, I will sort it out once I get back to the dealer. They said call them Monday. I don't have a laptop so I can't really do it myself but I could go to a friends house.

Sponsored

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Do you have to leave your unlocked laptop with the dealer for them to flash? Guess I have to be sure to hide anything embarrassing! But seriously, I have a lot of confidential client information on mine. Maybe I can make a guest account.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I can make a guest account.
Good grief. If you can afford $600 kit and whatever shop labor is, you can find a 2nd hand computer store and buy a $50 laptop. Or a new one from Microcenter, BestBuy etc. and after flash, return it.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'm gonna flash my 40k car with a $50 laptop. Thanks for sharing

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
for those i read that loaded it on their own laptop and brought it to dealer they prearranged to bring it at time of install and stood there with them and had them hit "enter".

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is coming in today, it's going to kill me to not install it tonight! Bought from Levittown Ford. One day shipping after they got everything from my order in stock.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Huh? the USB2 interface on a $2 Pi board (admittedly doesn't run Winblows) works the same as the one on a $2000 'workstation'. Exactly what do you think a $50 laptop's USB port is going to do? Magically short out your OBD port? I buy $100-$150 laptops off ebay and they work perfectly. They even manage to survive desert and jungle.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh? the USB2 interface on a $2 Pi board (admittedly doesn't run Winblows) works the same as the one on a $2000 'workstation'. Exactly what do you think a $50 laptop's USB port is going to do? Magically short out your OBD port? I buy $100-$150 laptops off ebay and they work perfectly. They even manage to survive desert and jungle.
Have your flashed your s550 with procal software before? Flashing your ecm is a delicate procedure and I would personally never do it with low quality hardware, especially when I have a high quality laptop. You want to make sure there are no hiccups through the process, and also make sure that any files created/saved during the process maintain their integrity going forward.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I flashed my 15 Ecoboost approximately 30 times with an SCT X4 and I flashed my 17 with the ProCal software. I never found doing this to be anymore complicated or delicate than installing any other software.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always got the impression flashing was a delicate process, that's why most kits suggest using a trickle battery charger...just to be extra sure it does't get interrupted mid flash.
Just got my box from Levittown. Ordered some prefinished side scoops (mustang jewelry?) with it for only a few hundred that I'm not sure I'll ever install ha. They were nice enough to include ford and roush branded tee shirts for free.
I was surprised that the kit includes a K&N air filter, packaged just how you'd get it from autozone. Works for me though. Can't wait to install.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
and also make sure that any files created/saved during the process maintain their integrity going forward.
Then you probably wouldn't use Windows for this task. As to file integrity, do make sure you compute the sha1 hash of your files.

Looking forward to hearing your review.
Sponsored