Sponsored

19" Drag Radials worth it?

JimGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I have wheels already - 19x11 - to match wheels on car. On the car I have Nitto G2's and not getting enough traction. My track is notorious for poor prep. I had an 02 with KB supercharger with about 430 at the wheels and finally ended up with MT Pro Bracket Radials to hook after blowing money on several sets of drag radials.

Put my daughter in the car and put in drag mode and thought we both wet our pants when it hit 2nd gear at the track and got sideways!

I am looking at the MT Street S/S in 305 or 325.. My concern is I tried the SS on my 02 (not quite as wide) and it still had issues with spin.

Any first hand experience you can share with 19 DR's? Other suggestions - don't really want to buy more wheels...

Currently I am bone stock other than Steeda stop the hop kit.. future plans to stay NA with bolt-ons only.. This is for bracket racing and my daughter will be driving, at least until she discovers boys then I guess it will be me :)
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
19s are not the go to size for this car. But since you already have wheels. Dr. Radials will be a huge benefit. In any size.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I ran 11.30 when I was na on nto5r 305's crammed on stock rim..no spin whatsoever..but track preps usually pretty good where I run

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Seems like they're a waste on these cars with just bolt ons. But the 325/30 should fit. But in drag racing you want more side wall. Definitely a tough call. But don't think the difference will matter much in this case. I would definitely look at getting a proper tire setup when you get bolt ons especially if she's a novice.

I ordered these, I couldn't pass it up. Most likely gonna pair them with ET street R bias ply.
Screenshot_20190307-192951_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored