I don't have the tick yet. First oil change coming up

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i used ceratec last oil change. just change to MC 5w30. i keep listening for it. i think i hear it from time to time but doesnt seem to be steady. but also recently added cat deletes. so that may add some odd sounds too.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Thought I had close to 3K on the odometer. Actually have 2450. Oil life says 24%. Is that weird?
The oil life monitor will count down about 2% a week just sitting in the garage unless you disconnect the battery.

OP
OP
bluestar

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
The oil life monitor will count down about 2% a week just sitting in the garage unless you disconnect the battery.
Didn't know that, thanks!

Sponsored

kcough3839

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
I occasionally have the tick. It's unquestionable when you hear it. It's not a case of "am I hearing the dreaded tick"?

First time was at work and I had remote started on a very cold day.
Walking up to my car I heard it before it registered what it was.

Since then I hear it on certain days after a cold start.
I've only got a bit over 3250 miles on it.
We did take it on a road trip last weekend and I put about 900 miles on it all told.

I had the first oil change about a week before we left...tick was there before the change BTW.

I'm not really too worried about it. It's not there most of the time.

On putting the Ceratec in...which I may try...with a 10 quart oil capacity shouldn't it take almost 2 bottles?

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I occasionally have the tick. It's unquestionable when you hear it. It's not a case of "am I hearing the dreaded tick"?

First time was at work and I had remote started on a very cold day.
Walking up to my car I heard it before it registered what it was.

Since then I hear it on certain days after a cold start.
I've only got a bit over 3250 miles on it.
We did take it on a road trip last weekend and I put about 900 miles on it all told.

I had the first oil change about a week before we left...tick was there before the change BTW.

I'm not really too worried about it. It's not there most of the time.

On putting the Ceratec in...which I may try...with a 10 quart oil capacity shouldn't it take almost 2 bottles?
I put 1 bottle in and the tick went away.

pmillerusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
FWIW .... 2016, 105,000 miles, Whipple supercharged... has "ticked" since 5,000 miles or so... always when cold, and occasionally when warm. Hear it the most when cold, mild throttle and a freeway wall along side, or something to reflect the sound back into the car. I drive the wheels off the car, do my own maintenance and have always run Royal Purple 5w20.... Track weekend in a few weeks, fresh fluid will be 5w30... have never used other additives, and the tick has always just "been there" ...
Sponsored