Harsh ride on bad roads, V6 ?

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Until now I was in south FL and the roads are pretty decent there so I don't notice it much. Moved to Detroit a week ago, and now I am feeling the harshness. Over bad roads, the ride is way too bouncy and hard, and it's very uncomfortable at times.

I really would appreciated if anyone could help regarding adding some aftermarket parts like springs, shocks, etc which might make the ride more smoother.(I am totally new to this stuff). Mine is a V6 auto.

Thanks
Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
What air pressure are you running? Mine was delivered with the tires over 40 psi, which made it incredibly harsh. Many others have had theirs delivered that way as well....

OP
OP
krishelnino

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
What air pressure are you running? Mine was delivered with the tires over 40 psi, which made it incredibly harsh. Many others have had theirs delivered that way as well....
Yes mine was over 40 as well when I took delivery. I lowered it immediately to 32 psi and running the same ever since.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have a GT base auto, and I have experienced the same harsh ride on DC streets. The potholes are so bad. Also this car has a lot of bounce.

I am installing Koni shocks/struts, BMR springs and some other stuff. Should be done by today or Monday. Will report back.

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
I have a GT base auto, and I have experienced the same harsh ride on DC streets. The potholes are so bad. Also this car has a lot of bounce.

I am installing Koni shocks/struts, BMR springs and some other stuff. Should be done by today or Monday. Will report back.
Sorry for posting in a Old thread.

How did it go with the change?

Thanks m

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
There’s not much you can do; it’s a sportscar on bad roads and the aftermarket doesn’t supply springs with less rate (unless you count Steeda progressives’ initial rates).

Your best bet is to wait around for the new Koni/Steeda Active dampers, or better yet look for new supple tires (maybe a tall all season).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
DC/NoVA roads are no picnic either and I find the V6 to be too underdamped- the springs "wind up" and then uncoil rapidly. But the run of the mill square-edged bump isn't so bad but I'm running 235/55R17 at 32psi so there's a healthy amount of side-wall give.

The problem with Koni Yellow for example is way too much high-speed compression damping. The GT PP1 shocks are similarly compromised. Springs aren't the answer per se, correct damping is. But finding a properly valved shock is difficult.
Sponsored