Sponsored

Carbon Fiber Addicts Anonymous Thread

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
Well they’re on and fit like other companies do.they look great for what they are my car is black I wouldn’t recommend them on any other color cause it will show up between the gap like the other companies do I’d recommend spending more for the real mirrors something I’ll probably do now I that I know how good it looks on the car
1802384F-93C5-4ACB-91F1-243596423B06.jpeg
Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Yes the covers I had from Trufiber weren't ugly or bad, just not perfect fit. And my grabber blue was peeking out in multiple places. With a black mirror under it would probably look much better.

I'm now hoping the Carbon Cartel stuff is as good as I mistakenly thought it was from all the recommendations I saw on here and on Facebook.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Anyone got a way to contact the people at Carbon Cartel / Carbon Plug? I emailed them through their site on Friday and emailed to their order email on Monday. No response to either.

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
Anyone got a way to contact the people at Carbon Cartel / Carbon Plug? I emailed them through their site on Friday and emailed to their order email on Monday. No response to either.
They will email you took them about two weeks to respond to me

Sponsored

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Got some new goodies recently. I was hoping to have another cool part installed but supplier issues...
20190327_213606.jpg
20190329_195432.jpg

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
They will email you took them about two weeks to respond to me
I emailed, I contacted through their site. No response. Today is two weeks since I placed order. I can understand manufacturing can take time - but you have to communicate with your customer. I'm about ready to charge back my transaction, as I have ZERO indication that this guy didn't just take my money and has no intention to ship me any product.

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
I completely understand and had the same mind set. And for that I will not buy from them again! I don’t like to wonder if or when I will obtain my item

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I completely understand and had the same mind set. And for that I will not buy from them again! I don’t like to wonder if or when I will obtain my item
I don't mind waiting for a product. But as it stands, with no communications - I have no guarantee that this guy didn't just take my money and run off, so to speak. If he did and has no intention to ship any products, the longer I wait I imagine the more difficult it would be to recover my money. That's my concern. That I'm so patient that then I screw myself and can't get my money back if the products are never coming.

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't mind waiting for a product. But as it stands, with no communications - I have no guarantee that this guy didn't just take my money and run off, so to speak. If he did and has no intention to ship any products, the longer I wait I imagine the more difficult it would be to recover my money. That's my concern. That I'm so patient that then I screw myself and can't get my money back if the products are never coming.
Same story as everyone else......take a number!

I don't think he's out to rip anyone off....he just doesn't know how to run a business.

You'll get your stuff.....just don't hope you need to return anything!!!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Same story as everyone else......take a number!

I don't think he's out to rip anyone off....he just doesn't know how to run a business.

You'll get your stuff.....just don't hope you need to return anything!!!
Usually it's more that they don't care how to run a business. You can be sure that they get plenty of emails and complaints about lack of updates or communication which tells you that is part of how to run a business. You don't even have to be a real professional to know some basic expectations of running a goods company. You have a listing of products, you list prices with those products (shocker for a lot of people!), you send receipts after purchases, you send order confirmations / delayed shipment updates (if things are delayed, you send a confirmation once production has started), you send shipment confirmations / tracking numbers, you send a delivery confirmation. Everybody has ordered something online now and knows what to expect from someone like Amazon, if you're small at least try to copy that. If you're big, invest in a system that will take care of a lot of the work for it.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Still no word from Carbon Cartel/Plug.

But I do have some good news elsewhere. The first carbon fiber steering wheel insert I purchased was from a forum member who has a little store. It arrived to my house damaged and he went on to accuse me of purposefully damaging the product. It's a whole thing. Then I ordered off eBay - and that's the one I posted in the photo of my cabin. From a distance it's ok, but it felt rubbery and had air bubbles on the epoxy clear. That was $13.29 on eBay. Ordered a new one from Xotic Tech on Amazon for $19.99. Just got it now and installed it. Fit is the same as the other one, but this one feels harder, the carbon fiber pattern shines through a little more, which matches the CF on the steering wheel - and perfect clear, no more air bubbles. Would definitely recommend the one from Xotic Tech for anyone looking for a cf overlay for your airbag.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Still no word from Carbon Cartel/Plug.

But I do have some good news elsewhere. The first carbon fiber steering wheel insert I purchased was from a forum member who has a little store. It arrived to my house damaged and he went on to accuse me of purposefully damaging the product. It's a whole thing. Then I ordered off eBay - and that's the one I posted in the photo of my cabin. From a distance it's ok, but it felt rubbery and had air bubbles on the epoxy clear. That was $13.29 on eBay. Ordered a new one from Xotic Tech on Amazon for $19.99. Just got it now and installed it. Fit is the same as the other one, but this one feels harder, the carbon fiber pattern shines through a little more, which matches the CF on the steering wheel - and perfect clear, no more air bubbles. Would definitely recommend the one from Xotic Tech for anyone looking for a cf overlay for your airbag.
Pic??

yang4115333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yilong
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I got my steering wheel order placed on February, and only got one email from Dan (Carbon Cartel). Same story as me. I haven't got it and it's been 6 weeks. I believe they would arrive soon just be patient.
Sponsored