Sponsored

Step by Step Guide to Enabling Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
someone asked in earlier post but didn't understand completely so my apologies for asking again, when looking for the sod modules do we just need to match the "14c689" up, or do we need to match the "em2z" prefix or "A" version at the end of the part#. Thx
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Don’t fret about the number as much as the source to get them. Midway mustang on eBay always has quite a few. They are the source I used and were in perfect physical and working condition plus they state they come right out of a mustang.

Eventually this link will sell but there are always more. The link is just an example but find ones that have no broken tabs. Email them directly for the best info.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162699354550

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Don’t fret about the number as much as the source to get them. Midway mustang on eBay always has quite a few. They are the source I used and were in perfect physical and working condition plus they state they come right out of a mustang.

Eventually this link will sell but there are always more. The link is just an example but find ones that have no broken tabs. Email them directly for the best info.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162699354550
are the tabs required or do the brackets hold them in. did the ones you get from midway have broken tabs, just wondering if they could have been damaged from collision.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Mine did not have broken tabs and I was actually surprised to see that in their listing. The tabs are important as they take the small torx screws that thread into the mounting bracket.

72CAF2F2-6E92-4C47-A688-B72FED1C9C75.jpeg

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Mine did not have broken tabs and I was actually surprised to see that in their listing. The tabs are important as they take the small torx screws that thread into the mounting bracket.

72CAF2F2-6E92-4C47-A688-B72FED1C9C75.jpeg
Thanks I found a couple of others without broken tabs. just needed to adjust my search.

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I should have all my parts tomorrow with exception of led's which will be here next week(backordered) hoping to run wires tomorrow and mount modules. does any know how the cavities are numbered on the black body control module connectr(or is the connector numbered) . Alot of the colors look similar so I would like just verify it is the correct wire based on cavity #of connector.

located the ground and blue/white vpwr wire coming from camera.

Thanks again for everyone's help, BSM/CTA is one of the options on my other car has and always wished my mustang had it. . so needless to say I can't wait View attachment 347779 View attachment 347790

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Those are it. Just confirm that their pin points are at 11 and 23 and you know you’re good. Either violet or gray to connect to is good as they are doubled up. Take your time.....they are a very small gauge wire.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
special thanks to @Bull Run and @db252 for the write up and helping me out.

I got the BLIS/CTA installed today and everything is working great. only issue I ran into is I thought the Connectors that rock auto sent were incorrect because they weren't going in all the way. I thought they may be incorrect since rock auto said they were superceded to part# wpt-1545. In the end it turned out the ebay modules I purchased had the rubber gasket and white cap from the connector stuck in them.

Now I just need to install led's into a-pillar and put the trunk back together. How are you guys installing the LED's?? ? I was just going to drill a hole, insert from the back and hold in place with some epoxy or silicone.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Good job. I ended up using 5mm led holders from amazon that keep the led and the holder in place.

Here you can see the area I smoothed out and then drilled for the holder to fit. The led snaps in and stays in place.

23F4E05D-C565-4D31-9AAF-043B59C2388E.jpeg

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
It’s the little things but for the first time a couple days ago my headlights activated while one of the blis lights was on and I noticed it dimmed with the headlights turning on obviously to make the light less intense at night. Just something I observed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
special thanks to @Bull Run and @db252 for the write up and helping me out.

I got the BLIS/CTA installed today and everything is working great. only issue I ran into is I thought the Connectors that rock auto sent were incorrect because they weren't going in all the way. I thought they may be incorrect since rock auto said they were superceded to part# wpt-1545. In the end it turned out the ebay modules I purchased had the rubber gasket and white cap from the connector stuck in them.

Now I just need to install led's into a-pillar and put the trunk back together. How are you guys installing the LED's?? ? I was just going to drill a hole, insert from the back and hold in place with some epoxy or silicone.
I got the led holders like db252 did but I found that the light fit the hole tightly so just pushed it in and hasn't worked itself out yet.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I got the led holders like db252 did but I found that the light fit the hole tightly so just pushed it in and hasn't worked itself out yet.
Thx, I ended up just drilling a hole and epoxing from behind and its barely noticeable until it lights up. wanted to get everything put back together and didn't want to wait for holders from Amazon. I was contemplating going with the oem mirror glass until I saw what a PITA it is to run a wires into the door, saved myself $200

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
this guide is great, added this to my to-do list. will use the mirrors with built in sensors, bit more expensive but i like the look

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Any chance you can provide a link to the pigtails? I've searched on rockauto, but there is no match for that PN (WPT1434)

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Any chance you can provide a link to the pigtails? I've searched on rockauto, but there is no match for that PN (WPT1434)
search WPT1545 and it will come up and show wpt1434 in parenthesis. may want to look around they doubled in price since I purchased 2 months ago.

if you need a couple of led's let pm me and I will mail you out a couple.
Sponsored