Sponsored

Too much of a good thing?

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
No, I don’t keep missing your points; you don’t have any.

This “education”... gonna be mandatory? More useless govt.

More “enforcement” of laws that already exist? More useless govt thrown at an imaginary problem. For which we will pay more taxes.

I’m curious: how do YOU drive YOUR GT? And why do you have all those high-performance modifications? They aren’t needed to go the speed limit.
Again you keep missing points and cannot get past yourself and the fact someone disagrees with you.

To answer your questions (again), driver testing is already mandatory to get a license. Making the education/testing more thorough is not going to change anything other than idiots having to retake the tests which is hopefully a good thing as they might get more educated.

More enforcement does not cost more unless more police are hired to do the enforcing. Could it be done with the existing police force? Hopefully.

And last but not least what difference does it make how I drive my car or what mods they might have? Again, I am not the one pushing for licenses based on level or performance of vehicle (you cannot seem to figure this out). I will say I have a clean driving record with zero accidents that were my fault (two people have turned left in front of me) over my 30+ years of driving.
Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Again you keep missing points and cannot get past yourself and the fact someone disagrees with you.
I haven't missed anything. You have. Over and over. And people on this forum disagree with me all the time so it doesn't really hurt my feelings.

To answer your questions (again), driver testing is already mandatory to get a license. Making the education/testing more thorough is not going to change anything other than idiots having to retake the tests which is hopefully a good thing as they might get more educated.
So, you propose making the basic licensing process more difficult? This is to catch brand new drivers with GT 350s? I'm trying hard to be nice to get you to see that (1) there isn't a real, actual, measurable problem here and, (2) you're working feverishly and expending a tremendous amount of emotional energy to solve (1). This is a HALLMARK of leftist idiocy.

More enforcement does not cost more unless more police are hired to do the enforcing. Could it be done with the existing police force? Hopefully.
Since you don't want to hire more police, what part of what they currently do are you going to cast aside? Oh, sorry, you wanted to hire more police for traffic enforcement to catch "idiot" drivers. How many and at what cost?

And last but not least what difference does it make how I drive my car or what mods they might have?
It doesn't and that's the point you continually miss. But, evidently, EVERYONE ELSE'S driving is a matter of great concern to you... at least those of us "idiots" here.

Again, I am not the one pushing for licenses based on level or performance of vehicle (you cannot seem to figure this out).
Actually, I figured it out a while back and apologized to you for confusing you with another post. I'm sure you'll forgive me, however, because the two of you sound so much alike.

I will say I have a clean driving record with zero accidents that were my fault (two people have turned left in front of me) over my 30+ years of driving.
Good for you. Me, too.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't missed anything. You have. Over and over. And people on this forum disagree with me all the time so it doesn't really hurt my feelings.

So, you propose making the basic licensing process more difficult? This is to catch brand new drivers with GT 350s? I'm trying hard to be nice to get you to see that (1) there isn't a real, actual, measurable problem here and, (2) you're working feverishly and expending a tremendous amount of emotional energy to solve (1). This is a HALLMARK of leftist idiocy.

Since you don't want to hire more police, what part of what they currently do are you going to cast aside? Oh, sorry, you wanted to hire more police for traffic enforcement to catch "idiot" drivers. How many and at what cost?

It doesn't and that's the point you continually miss. But, evidently, EVERYONE ELSE'S driving is a matter of great concern to you... at least those of us "idiots" here.

Actually, I figured it out a while back and apologized to you for confusing you with another post. I'm sure you'll forgive me, however, because the two of you sound so much alike.

Good for you. Me, too.
The part in bold is why I keep saying you keep thinking I care about what car anyone has and their license....I don't.

So I believe we basically disagree on increasing the education level required to earn a driving license? So you believe the current level of driver education in this country is adequate? You believe the current level of accidents due to this education is ok? You believe the current level of policing to deter these inadequacies of education (accidents, uninsured motorists, non licensed motorists, dui/dwi, driving in left lane slowing down traffic, not using turn signals, etc) is adequate? You believe that me being concerned about other people's driving is wrong?

If all of these are yes then we can just leave it here that we agree to disagree. Just one of many reasons I feel fortunate to have been born in the USA. :flag:

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
The part in bold is why I keep saying you keep thinking I care about what car anyone has and their license....I don't.
Yes, you SAY you don't but your other opinions belie that statement.

So I believe we basically disagree on increasing the education level required to earn a driving license?
Evidently.

So you believe the current level of driver education in this country is adequate?
I don't know. I DO know I'm not willing to give the govt another blank check plus whatever new and invasive powers they want to maybe decrease the accident rate by .01%.

You believe the current level of accidents due to this education is ok?
See answer above.

You believe the current level of policing to deter these inadequacies of education (accidents, uninsured motorists, non licensed motorists, dui/dwi, driving in left lane slowing down traffic, not using turn signals, etc) is adequate?
Personally, I'm fine with it. I'd like less, actually, since most law enforcement agencies have turned traffic enforcement into revenue enhancement.

You believe that me being concerned about other people's driving is wrong?
You can be "concerned" all you want. Just stop trying to elevate my concern to equal yours and taking my money and freedom to assuage those "concerns".
If all of these are yes then we can just leave it here that we agree to disagree. Just one of many reasons I feel fortunate to have been born in the USA. :flag:
Yep, we disagree. I want as little govt as possible, both in cost and intrusiveness. And you want more of both.

OP
OP
Bear376

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
It is not pro-government to want to rethink the laws about driving cars. Too many laws are patchwork messes that are legal nightmares because they are not kept relevant to technology. For example, we are still making headlights based on 1960s technologies, when we could do much better with more up to date standards.

It is no secret that despite having superior reflexes, teenager are involved in the large majority of accidents. Some states refuse to allow newly licensed drivers to be out after dark and to have other teenagers in the car. The government is trying to turn drivers licenses into a universal identity card. Eventually, they will allow information to be updated every time you go near a scanner. If those who enjoy spirited driving were to take the initiative, we might use a tiered license system to allow improve everyone’s driving experience.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
It is not pro-government to want to rethink the laws about driving cars. Too many laws are patchwork messes that are legal nightmares because they are not kept relevant to technology. For example, we are still making headlights based on 1960s technologies, when we could do much better with more up to date standards.

It is no secret that despite having superior reflexes, teenager are involved in the large majority of accidents. Some states refuse to allow newly licensed drivers to be out after dark and to have other teenagers in the car. The government is trying to turn drivers licenses into a universal identity card. Eventually, they will allow information to be updated every time you go near a scanner. If those who enjoy spirited driving were to take the initiative, we might use a tiered license system to allow improve everyone’s driving experience.
I throw up my hands.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blah Blah Blah we agree to disagree.

Yep, we disagree. I want as little govt as possible, both in cost and intrusiveness. And you want more of both.
Only in this case as driving is a privilege not a right. Since I have no control on what others do while driving I can only hope the entity that does does it correctly to help save lives.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, I don’t keep missing your points; you don’t have any.

This “education”... gonna be mandatory? More useless govt.

More “enforcement” of laws that already exist? More useless govt thrown at an imaginary problem. For which we will pay more taxes.

I’m curious: how do YOU drive YOUR GT? And why do you have all those high-performance modifications? They aren’t needed to go the speed limit.
Your points are valid for a "CAL Captain Highway" where only you can drive. Until then, we share the road with other people and your pompous libertarian attitude is a serious problem.

I propose we take away all government services from these "no gov't" types and see what happens.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Your points are valid for a "CAL Captain Highway" where only you can drive. Until then, we share the road with other people and your pompous libertarian attitude is a serious problem.

I propose we take away all government services from these "no gov't" types and see what happens.
Thank you! The People's Democratic Republic of Ill has been heard from. Has your state collapsed yet under the weight of govt?

Since I'm not on the dole, I'd be happy to give up all the "services" I get from the govt in exchange for all the taxes I pay.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The people on the road who need more skill are those driving old, poorly maintained vehicles. Bad tires, bad brakes - windshield wipers that should have been replaced several years ago - perished suspension bushings and shocks - there's so much wrong with many of the vehicles on the road. It's really tough to drive vehicles like that, especially if the weather is poor.

Your tiered system should require people who have cars that are more than 5 years old and cars that cost less than $20,000 to have additional training.

Sporty cars are super capable and can out turn and out stop most anything else out there. People who drive sportier cars should be able to pass through the training/licensing system MORE easily, not be required to have additional training.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I'm not on the dole, I'd be happy to give up all the "services" I get from the govt in exchange for all the taxes I pay.
Good luck driving anywhere other than your driveway as the government maintains everything past that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think people are wrongly assigning causality to missing regulations or lack of knowledge/experience when the cause of wrecks in sporty cars is more related to impulse control.

Most people know it's illegal to do burn outs, speed, etc., but some people decide to do it anyway. Actually, almost everyone on the road speeds. So, we can all see how much impact laws are having on preventing people from doing certain activities.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Good luck driving anywhere other than your driveway as the government maintains everything past that.
"Roadways" are now a "service"? Who knew?

I was talking about things like welfare, funding illegals, the Dept of Commerce study on whale flatulence, and all the propaganda designed to show me that electric cars are the cat's trousers.

I wasn't talking about infrastructure; you know, the stuff the left allows to crumble so they can spend more money on sanctuary cities?

But I suspect you knew that. On the other hand...

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Roadways" are now a "service"? Who knew?

I was talking about things like welfare, funding illegals, the Dept of Commerce study on whale flatulence, and all the propaganda designed to show me that electric cars are the cat's trousers.

I wasn't talking about infrastructure; you know, the stuff the left allows to crumble so they can spend more money on sanctuary cities?

But I suspect you knew that. On the other hand...
Your words...choose better next time....but I suspect you knew that also.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Your words...choose better next time....but I suspect you knew that also.
Actually, I thought you were better equipped to understand nuance--as in, the govt does about a billion things they shouldn't and about a thousand they should, all lumped into "govt".

I'll use smaller words and concepts next time.
Sponsored