BB125

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 GT Premium with no PP. It is my daily. I dont care about ride height (stock looks fine to me) but I'm not wild about the handling; it is hard to explain but the car seems to like to "shift around" some on uneven roads - maybe that is what people mean by it "floats." The squat and body roll are also more than I would expect for a sports car. I suspect some of this is the suspension and some are the OEM tires.

I know there are tons of brands of suspension parts out there but I am firmly of the opinion that I want one of the two complete packages from Ford Racing ("street" with X springs which is same as Performance Pack but 1" lower ... or "track" with Y springs which is same as X but more firm.)

Trying to decide between the two. Is the PP a big improvement and good enough? Is track too firm for 100% street daily driving? An I just overthinking it?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I am firmly of the opinion that I want one of the two complete packages from Ford Racing
This is the over/underthinking it depending on how you look at it.

Since you like the stock height, keep your springs, upgrade to the Ford Racing
M-18000-F dampers, and do a few other things to vastly improve the handling without sacrificing the ride quality.

These include:

All the parts mentioned here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ion-lower-k-brace-install-guide.100800/unread

And at least the BMR CB010 level one subframe lockout kit.

I'd also personally recommend the BMR SM760 rear shock mounts to add more shock travel (needed) and improve the ride via damper control not being slowed/muddied by the stock rubber bushing shock mount. Zero NVH and better ride with this part.

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
I find the FR3 Track handling Pack to be very good, very happy.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
i think the sweet spot would be the PP springs with the track handling pack dampers. The stock ride height is best for a daily driver, but the track dampers will be an upgrade over the PP ones.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i think the sweet spot would be the PP springs with the track handling pack dampers. The stock ride height is best for a daily driver, but the track dampers will be an upgrade over the PP ones.
Yeah this too. The ride will be more than acceptable, and better handling.

Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove the '16 w/ and w/o PP. I too noticed the floating feeling in the non-PP. I didn't care for it and went with the PP. It's my DD and I've done 700 mile trips in it. Very happy with it. Recently added some Steeda chassis stiffening components which were noticeable improvements w/ no negative impact on comfort.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Love the FRP Track pack. See my review here. I daily it in summer months have approx 6000km so far on it. Also scroll down and see pics of before and after. Drop is barely noticeable.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/frpp-track-pack-suspension-install-review.103669/

The "floaty" feeling is gone. Did the same as you and went non-PP. Test drove both before buying the baseGT and knew I'd be replacing suspension regardless.

Been a passenger in a friends Stang with Koni Yellow Struts/shocks and GT350 Springs. Was quite more stiff and not as comfortable on the road. though he does track days occasionally, I no not.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Been a passenger in a friends Stang with Koni Yellow Struts/shocks and GT350 Springs. Was quite more stiff and not as comfortable on the road. though he does track days occasionally, I no not.
Yeah the Konis can be kinda harsh. Your same dampers and with his springs are quite nice, though.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I am thinking about using my PP1 stock rear springs with the rest of the Track Pack to get the rear end up just a little. I would prefer a little forward rake. Maybe it will help me see a little better out over the hood too.

Moostang83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the track handling pack and love it. It maybe felt a tad stiff for like a day lol. Thats because the stock suspension was just so sloppy and awful. I had to get rid of all the squats, dives, and body rolling. Now it drives like a sports car and not like a boat. I daily my car and its fine, but i like more feedback when i drive, so to each their own i guess.
Sponsored