What your recipe?

Brushtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
15’ GT base, automatic with BBK long tubes, cat delete, flowmasters and new drag pack along with a tune from a local tuner. I want to stay N/A, so what would be your parts list to be quick in the 1/4? It’s a weekend toy, not a DD. Budget is pretty well open, not endless but deep.
Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe add to a '18+ intake manifold? Torque converter?
What are you current times? What are you goals in times?

OP
OP
Brushtrooper

Brushtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have not had it at a track yet, hopefully next weekend I will. According to track app, its a 13.3 and thats blowing the tires off-20” junk, for what thats worth. I was thinking Cobrajet Intake/TB, 47lb injectors, E85 tune, new stall converter. I would run that by my tuner for his advice too, he is a guru on the Coyote. I would like to be low 12/high 11’s if possible

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Honestly, with your current setup you should be low 12s already at the track with drag radials. Unless you live in a very high elevation.
For high 11s the torque converter and a 2018 intake manifold is all that would be needed. Take a look at the 1/4 mile times posting and see what mods are done from others to run low 12s and you'll have a good idea of what's what.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I went 11.59 with headers, converter, flex tune and drag radials. An 18 manifold is a no brainer for $300.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brushtrooper

Brushtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
BlueBeastsrt what converter are you using?

OP
OP
Brushtrooper

Brushtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am getting a used 18’ intake tomorrow, sending it to Bret in Az to have ported. Hopefully have it back in 2-3 weeks. Current plan is to install it along with 47lb injectors, e85 tune and see what it does. I am going to try and get to a track this coming weekend to see what it does with current set up. Our closest tracks are 140-150 miles away.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
BlueBeastsrt what converter are you using?
Circle d 4C. Don’t let anyone tell you it’s to much for the street. I run this converter with a super charger. And the car still has pleasant street manners.
Sponsored