• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Offers on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S from F1 Autocentres

vmeldlew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 1997 Yamaha TDM850, 1977 Yamaha XS750
Hi

Hopefully this is OK here,
Firstly, I don't work for this place, or have any affiliation other than there is one up the road from me.

Anyway, saw this on HotUKDeals and just went through and priced up some pilot sport 4's for my EB.

Works out at £289.50 for 2 fitted and balanced or £579 for 4 fitted and balanced.
Then Michelin are doing a cashback on 2 or 4 tyres of £40 or £100
So £249.50 for 2 or £479 for 4

Not bad at all really.
Obviously it'll work out a little more for GT owners with the bigger rears.

Anyway, all the details are here
(I also don't work for HotUKDeals, just a user of the site)

Any use for anyone?
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Very good find indeed. Although, using the standard tyre size, it works out at a touch over £800 inc fitting - which is still pretty decent.

I believe if you substituted the website discount for the Michelin offer, it would be around £750 - which is about as good as it gets.

May have to jump on this.

michelin.JPG

OP
OP
vmeldlew

vmeldlew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 1997 Yamaha TDM850, 1977 Yamaha XS750
I think I was working it out on Just the Pilot Sport 4 above.
That'll explain the difference.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I'm pleased to say I have a family member that works for tyre warehouse. I get my tyres on a buy one get free.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm pleased to say I have a family member that works for tyre warehouse. I get my tyres on a buy one get free.
Can't say things like that without offering round to your good Mustang6g friends :wink:

Sponsored

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Can't say things like that without offering round to your good Mustang6g friends :wink:
I'm sure I'd be back to buy 4 get none free at that point. :)

SurfOrFight

SurfOrFight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT Auto Ruby Red 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Not Impressed with F1 Autocentres. Caution Required!

Not impressed with F1 Autocentres in the past due to their pushy attitude: Looks like you need an alignment check sir - can we interest you in a brake check - whens your MOT due - can we interest you in a fine wheel balance (no - just do a good job on the balance I should get with the tyre fit) Please - Just fit the f****ing tyres. Also had a tyre valve split and wreck a tyre, only a couple of days of having a tyre fitted by them and no-way would the manager accept any liability. Anyway thought I would give them a second chance and used their web page to order 2 Michelin PS4,s - for the rear on the GT.

Placed the order for £417 all in, with a booking slot next week ; great! 24 hours later I received a phone call to say not available from supplier. Options: wait till estimated availability of 16 May, select a different tyre or cancel order. Not much option really, I had to cancel order. So guess what "3 to 5 working days for your refund Sir". Personally I don't like parking over £400 in someone else's account. Buy 4 and park over £900.

Other web sites seem clear when a tyre is not in stock. Michelin also seem to be poor in maintaining a supply on the PS4'S - which could mean you have to replace a tyre with another Brand/type following a puncture etc.

Rant over.
Sponsored