Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, for those of us with 2019's the other setting to change is in the PCM and Ford had to do it for me. $60 well spent! I am now converted to Active!
Did you get them to tell you what it is??
Sponsored

fairplayinc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible
Did you get them to tell you what it is??
The PCM is one thing that we cannot change with FORScan. Any tech that can pull data from a like car can make it work.

To answer your Q, no I did not. But as I said, any dealer should be able to do this for a small fee.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The PCM is one thing that we cannot change with FORScan. Any tech that can pull data from a like car can make it work.

To answer your Q, no I did not. But as I said, any dealer should be able to do this for a small fee.
Ahh, I misread it, I thought you said BCM lol. But thanks for finding this out! It'll be helpful to the 2019+ guys!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, I tried flipping the fuse, no result

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible - PP
Is there someone I can order the parts through on this thread or forum? I was at the dealer asking their parts guys about what I needed to order given my car has the plug already. First guy said “well that'll be Ford Performance parts and will void your warranty”. I explained that this is a stock Ford option and no way it would coid warranty. Fortunately the other guy behind the counter was listening in and stepped in. I think they figiured out the part numbers and wiring needed, but they didn't leave me feeling super confident. Also, the total price before tax was around $1,400 (two VE mufflers and the wiring harnesses that come from the plug in back to the actuators on thr mufflers). That seems pretty steep based on what I've read in this thread. Have prices really gone up or were they ordering the wrong mufflers? Doubled up maybe?

Given all that, I would feel much better if I could just order what I need from a dealer that knows exactly what the parts are and the correct cost.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is there someone I can order the parts through on this thread or forum? I was at the dealer asking their parts guys about what I needed to order given my car has the plug already. First guy said “well that'll be Ford Performance parts and will void your warranty”. I explained that this is a stock Ford option and no way it would coid warranty. Fortunately the other guy behind the counter was listening in and stepped in. I think they figiured out the part numbers and wiring needed, but they didn't leave me feeling super confident. Also, the total price before tax was around $1,400 (two VE mufflers and the wiring harnesses that come from the plug in back to the actuators on thr mufflers). That seems pretty steep based on what I've read in this thread. Have prices really gone up or were they ordering the wrong mufflers? Doubled up maybe?

Given all that, I would feel much better if I could just order what I need from a dealer that knows exactly what the parts are and the correct cost.
Tascaparts.com

But going off what some people in this thread have been posting recently, I wouldn't be surprised if that price were accurate after shipping

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Tascaparts.com

But going off what some people in this thread have been posting recently, I wouldn't be surprised if that price were accurate after shipping
Thanks! On their website when I put in 5230-FA and 5230-FB, neither the diagram or the description indicate active exhaust, or even right vs left for that matter. Guess I'll just give them a call on Monday...

With the wiring and those 2 parts assuming they are what I need, it comes to $875... But shipping estimate is $301!!! So it is close to what the dealer quoted if you include shipping.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Try Levittown Ford. I got the parts for around 450 but I heard the prices have gone up.

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
So this has gone from a $500 to $600 DIY "upgrade" to a $1,200 to $1,400 investment. For that kind of $'s I can get a nice cat-back system... So now I'm torn. I dig the novelty and functionality of the AE set up, but for the $'s it is becoming harder to justify.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
So this has gone from a $500 to $600 DIY "upgrade" to a $1,200 to $1,400 investment. For that kind of $'s I can get a nice cat-back system... So now I'm torn. I dig the novelty and functionality of the AE set up, but for the $'s it is becoming harder to justify.
You could try a dismantler like The Parts Farm. He always has late model Mustangs and I am sure they come in with active exhaust. As long as they were not hit in the rear, the mufflers and wiring should still be good.

Sponsored

SpeedNomad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2014, 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone have a non AE 2018 and its looking to make it AE? I lost myself in this post and would appreciated the help!!

mmarfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
You could try a dismantler like The Parts Farm. He always has late model Mustangs and I am sure they come in with active exhaust. As long as they were not hit in the rear, the mufflers and wiring should still be good.
Yep, just got mine from there. Paid $400 + shipping.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone posted pics of the OEM routing of the Y harness and pigtails? I'd rather not guess at this and want it to all look factory when done.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone posted pics of the OEM routing of the Y harness and pigtails? I'd rather not guess at this and want it to all look factory when done.
When you plug the wires in, it's pretty easy to tell where all the push pins go