Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
You mean there are 1,000 of these cars sitting on lots across the US. No way. This was a very limited production and no way you were going to be able to walk into a dealership and haggle over the price of one. Insert sarcasm now.

I believe several on here, myself included, said if you wait you can get this car. It was not going to be such a limited run you would not get one if you did not act fast and snatch up one of the few being produced.

One advertised here in Houston for $45,991.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...selectedEntity=d2&zip=77007#listing=229036359
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Yes I've been looking. I've looked at blue GT premiums with a manual transmission and most of the options a bullet comes with standard and then really isn't much difference in price. My original goal was to get a kona blue with a white interior with the same options as a bullet. And the bullet is really the same price pretty much. And the bullet gives you a different in take a cooler car and all that stuff so that's what's driving me toward it. My voice to text doesn't spell bullet right sorry about that.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
What's going to happen to all the unique production numbers?
I understand the" K "represents the year, so that might change but will the sequence numbers keep going or will they revert to "1" and start again from there?

10Fore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Taurus SHO | 01 Bullitt (sold) | 97 Cobra (sold) | 08 Bullitt (sold)
What's going to happen to all the unique production numbers?
I understand the" K "represents the year, so that might change but will the sequence numbers keep going or will they revert to "1" and start again from there?
It will most likely, just like the 08MY-09MY cars, continue in sequence and not revert back to 1.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
It will most likely, just like the 08MY-09MY cars, continue in sequence and not revert back to 1.
That would limit the total to 9999. I think they will restart like the GT350s.

Sponsored

mustangthrall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - 8/6 build date
What is the latest / highest chassis number youā€™ve seen? Iā€™m curious to see how many have been made so far. I am #2101

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
What is the latest / highest chassis number youā€™ve seen? Iā€™m curious to see how many have been made so far. I am #2101
I saw one over 5300 (K5324, I believe)

Ubar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rodrigo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hello everyone.

Got mine (K1746) the day before yesterday. I first saw this car back in September, when the dealership was asking for $10k above MSRP. I was able to get it for invoice price; $3K below MSRP. Paid $50,500 for the green one with Recaro, Electronics package, Magneride and the cover.

I called 6/7 different dealerships in Washington asking for this car. They went from $500.00 below MSRP all the way up to a $10k markup over MSRP.

View media item 14734View media item 14733View media item 14732

Sponsored

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I just took a test drive in a Bullitt for the first time.

What's been the overall consensus with owner satisfaction? I'm considering this or the Shelby GT350, or an M2 Comp. Main reason for the Shelby is the added performance and the Tremec transmission. Have people been having broken shift forks and such with the MT82 in the Bullitt? Also, curious about the electronic gauge cluster crashing, as has been reported on a few cars. Finally, the cylinder wall scoring and the engine tick have peaked my interest. I'm not concerned with the price jump going to the Shelby, and, actually, the insurance is cheaper on the Shelby than the Bullitt (State Farm), so that's actually a bonus. Also, I haven't owned a U.S. produced car since my 2007 JK Wrangler (special ordered), which I actually had to Lemon Law. Excited to get back into a sports car.

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
For me, the decision was based on what I wanted to do with the car, and where I would be using it most. Which, I think, some folks tend to not pay enough attention to.

I chose the fully optioned Bullitt because almost all of my driving will be on public roads, not on the track. Primarily secondary roads when possible for the same reason I ride those roads on my motorcycles and avoid super-slab, it is just so damn boring running most divided highways (and you get more rotten drivers all around).

I've owned a couple of race cars in the past and podiumed at the National level, as well as instructed at High-Performance Driving Schools. If I want to run a car hard, I'll take it to the track where you actually get to enjoy and test yourself. Not possible on public roads.

So if I figure 5% track time and 95% street time, on secondary roads, then the Bullitt fits better for me. The GT350 is a sweet looking and, I presume, performing car and on looks and ability alone, I want one, but the suspension setup and PP2 don't do you any favours on 95% of the secondary roads where I live. Those roads here are fantastic with regard to turns, elevation change, etc., but just aren't smooth and level enough to take advantage of the GT350. The Bullitt will actually track (follow the intended line) better than the GT350 on our roads due to the fronts being 255/40/19 vs 295/35/19. I live in an area where, in the spring, there are too many potholes and frost heaves and a 295 will just try to follow all the irregularities. If I lived in the Southern US States or in Europe where the roads tend to be far better, I have the GT350.

As for the issues you mentioned, I've not followed them closely, just too much chatter and people making assumptions without actually knowing what they're talking about for my liking. Too difficult to separate the facts from the internet experts, so I just bought what I wanted. I've not had any issues with mine, but that is to small a sample to have any meaning. However, if you are "not concerned with the price jump going to the Shelby" then I'd suggest you shouldn't be concerned about the small possibility of those issues. YMMV

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I just took a test drive in a Bullitt for the first time.

What's been the overall consensus with owner satisfaction? I'm considering this or the Shelby GT350, or an M2 Comp. Main reason for the Shelby is the added performance and the Tremec transmission. Have people been having broken shift forks and such with the MT82 in the Bullitt? Also, curious about the electronic gauge cluster crashing, as has been reported on a few cars. Finally, the cylinder wall scoring and the engine tick have peaked my interest. I'm not concerned with the price jump going to the Shelby, and, actually, the insurance is cheaper on the Shelby than the Bullitt (State Farm), so that's actually a bonus. Also, I haven't owned a U.S. produced car since my 2007 JK Wrangler (special ordered), which I actually had to Lemon Law. Excited to get back into a sports car.

Absolutely love my Bullitt. No real complaints at all (though I wish some things were more streamlined in the interface, like just remembering to always start in myMode). No issues at almost 10,000 miles and I had #93 out of the factory.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

If you follow the threads on the "tick/rattle", it will consume you.....I've had my Bullitt for 9 months now, just shy of 1,800 miles, but the Spring is here so it will get a lot more driving now. I have had no issues what-so-ever, you could say the car has been "Bulletproof". I have not read anything about the transmission forks breaking on the 2019's, my understanding is that they were strengthened for 2019.

If you follow the GT350 threads, you will find many people complaining of oil consumption.

As Alan says, buy the car that fits your needs/wants. For me, the Bullitt is perfect, and makes me feel special every time I drive it. Couldn't be happier....

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
Thanks all for the responses. Very helpful. One thing I did decide; I like the sofa seats better than the Recaros in the Bullitt. The recaros are just too tight for me (5ā€™9ā€ 190 lbs). Although, I just sat in a 2013 Boss 302 LS and those recaros were wonderful!! Actually, I like that car too.

Anyone know if the Bullitt leather Recaros are the same dimensions as the fabric 2019 GT350 Recaros? Local dealer has a leather seat optioned GT350 coming in that Iā€™m gonna demo next. Iā€™m just wondering if the Recaros would be better.
Sponsored

Last edited: