Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces (w/ Video)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I can't fricken wait!!!!! Any word on the g tracs yet?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Need more Steeda blue in there!

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Let me get an update on the G-trac braces!

TJ
Steeda tech already took care of me. But thank you. Got the tracking number a few hours ago. Can't wait to get it all installed. You all have been great.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
It's cool to see more items coming off the assembly line. I'm into this stuff that much I wanna buy it all again, . . . and I already HAVE almost everything suspension-wise Steeda offers!!!!

Sponsored

MadMuirder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hey! One of those on the rack is mine! hahaha, I just wanted to say how much I appreciated Brian keeping me up to date on my order, he called two times to make sure I knew when things were shipping out and that he would split my order to get it to me faster if needed (all came in one box though, looks like you guys pulled it off) !

I do have a question though. I installed the driver side subframe support bushing today, with relative ease (that 2 piece can be a real pain, but I was trying without lube the first time). Once lubed, no real issue getting it in place. On the passenger side, all the solid pieces went in fine, however the 2 piece was a pain again. I tried lube, however it appears that my passenger side rear bolt/bushing assembly is closer to that subframe wall/hump and I can't fit the short piece in. Do I just need to manhandle this a bit more and force it in, or is something more serious wrong with my car (pictures below)? I've never hit anything in this car, still on stock power so I don't think I've bent anything from launching...but its about 1/8"-3/16" less of a gap between the bushing collar and the subframe. I was exhuasted by the time I got to this piece, and couldn't exactly tell if it was just me not having the effort to get it in place or if something is wrong...I'm not sure why there would be different spacing from the factory on the rear IRS bolts though. The rear IRS bolt hole assembly (not sure what to call it, but where the rear bushings are/supports go) doesn't move independently from the subframe, as it is a welded piece, correct?

My baby is still on jackstands in my driveway, my fiance comes home tomorrow from her bachelorette weekend and I need to have it functioning so she doesn't know I bought car parts lol. So, if it is something wrong with my car, is it okay to run the front bushing supports, and the top of the rear, but not the 2 piece lower? I know it wouldn't be ideal for performance, but is the difference in height from the front having 2 supports and the rears only having 1 going to make a large negative difference? Or should I remove all the bushing supports and take it into a dealership to let them look at it? I'm leaving the subframe braces off for now because I can install those easily when I have a day I'm home and she's not, but getting the bushing supports in is a bit more effort.

Mustang subframe questions https://imgur.com/a/189aDvI

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hey! One of those on the rack is mine! hahaha, I just wanted to say how much I appreciated Brian keeping me up to date on my order, he called two times to make sure I knew when things were shipping out and that he would split my order to get it to me faster if needed (all came in one box though, looks like you guys pulled it off) !

I do have a question though. I installed the driver side subframe support bushing today, with relative ease (that 2 piece can be a real pain, but I was trying without lube the first time). Once lubed, no real issue getting it in place. On the passenger side, all the solid pieces went in fine, however the 2 piece was a pain again. I tried lube, however it appears that my passenger side rear bolt/bushing assembly is closer to that subframe wall/hump and I can't fit the short piece in. Do I just need to manhandle this a bit more and force it in, or is something more serious wrong with my car (pictures below)? I've never hit anything in this car, still on stock power so I don't think I've bent anything from launching...but its about 1/8"-3/16" less of a gap between the bushing collar and the subframe. I was exhuasted by the time I got to this piece, and couldn't exactly tell if it was just me not having the effort to get it in place or if something is wrong...I'm not sure why there would be different spacing from the factory on the rear IRS bolts though. The rear IRS bolt hole assembly (not sure what to call it, but where the rear bushings are/supports go) doesn't move independently from the subframe, as it is a welded piece, correct?

My baby is still on jackstands in my driveway, my fiance comes home tomorrow from her bachelorette weekend and I need to have it functioning so she doesn't know I bought car parts lol. So, if it is something wrong with my car, is it okay to run the front bushing supports, and the top of the rear, but not the 2 piece lower? I know it wouldn't be ideal for performance, but is the difference in height from the front having 2 supports and the rears only having 1 going to make a large negative difference? Or should I remove all the bushing supports and take it into a dealership to let them look at it? I'm leaving the subframe braces off for now because I can install those easily when I have a day I'm home and she's not, but getting the bushing supports in is a bit more effort.

Mustang subframe questions https://imgur.com/a/189aDvI

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Make, sure the upper bushing is seated properly, if so use a little more effort to slide it in.
You can leave the upper bushings in with out any negative effects.
Steeda Tech

MadMuirder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the info!

But have you ever seen the bolt holes misaligned?

Driver side
driver rear subframe bolt.jpg

Passenger side
passenger rear subframe bolt.jpg

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks for the info!

But have you ever seen the bolt holes misaligned?

Driver side
driver rear subframe bolt.jpg

Passenger side
passenger rear subframe bolt.jpg
Yes. You can use 9/16 deep socket which is approx .800 in diameter to center the subframe.
As shown in your picture, the socket should slip up through the elongated hole to circle hole with no problem. The other side iis just two .800 diameter holes that the socket should slip through and perfectly line up the holes Another option, would be to use the Steeda alignment dowel kit which aligns and keeps the IRS from shifting.
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

MadMuirder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Yes. You can use 9/16 deep socket which is approx .800 in diameter to center the subframe.
As shown in your picture, the socket should slip up through the elongated hole to circle hole with no problem. The other side iis just two .800 diameter holes that the socket should slip through and perfectly line up the holes Another option, would be to use the Steeda alignment dowel kit which aligns and keeps the IRS from shifting.
Steeda Tech
I have the alignment kit. It's not the bolt hole that's an issue necessarily . It's the whole collar/bushing setup is physically closer on my passenger side. As if the subframe tab that the rear bolt goes through is bent downwards.
20190324_094051.jpg

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
In powder coating in the am, out to assembly in the afternoon. As promised ready for shipping in the am. Look at that clean factory floor!
photo.jpg
Had a customer car in the shop today that couldn’t get rid of his wheel hop. Swapping some parts and found the Steeda IRS braces are 7.5 pounds lighter than the competing product. Who wants the additional weight? Weight is the enemy of performance and at the end of the day it all adds up. Steeda's IRS braces have several SCCA and NMRA Wins! Plus, they are used on the fastest N/A 2018 and S550 IRS record holding drag car!

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Production roll out yet, waiting, waiting, waiting (only a couple days now, lol).... Cant wait much longer, need parts to feed the addiction, starting to get the shakes and need to turn some wrenches!!!

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Production roll out yet, waiting, waiting, waiting (only a couple days now, lol).... Cant wait much longer, need parts to feed the addiction, starting to get the shakes and need to turn some wrenches!!!
pm your contact info, Will check on your order status.All remaining orders will be completed tomorrow.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know & we'll get you taken care of ... :)
Sponsored