Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT P0300 code

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Hey everyone,

The car has 20,xxx miles on it and its exactly a year old. This morning when I started this car after being parked since Friday, I got a CEL (it was around 12F outside). I drove it to work and it drove perfectly fine. No rough idle or hesitation of any kind. On the way back from work I stopped by Auto Zone and had the code pulled (P0300 random misfire). It did not specify any other code as to which cylinder the misfire is at but that is all the ODBII reader gave me. Since the car is driving fine, should I just drive it for a couple of days and see if the CEL goes away or do I need to head to the dealer?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mis- fire from very cold weather is possible. I would drive it a couple of days and see if it re-sets. If not go to the dealer or borrow and ODBII from someone and re-set it yourself.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had one too. I think it may have been the 87 octane gas. Not sure. I took it in, and they did a relearn of the PCM since they previously installed a new clutch. Hasn't happened again.

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. I have never had a new car throw a CEL so I was concerned but it seems to be driving fine.

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
**Update**

After driving the car for approximately 300 miles, the check engine light went away. It seems the misfire was a one time thing on startup on a really cold morning.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The CEL and code is back again. Same thing, drives fine but when I started is this morning, the CEL came on again. Could this mean it will just do this occasionally because there was a hiccup on initial startup? The car drives fine so I am guessing nothing is actually wrong?

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I would take it in to the dealer and have them look at it. They can see misfire history for each cyclinder and let them fix it.

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would take it in to the dealer and have them look at it. They can see misfire history for each cylinder and let them fix it.
Thanks, I will be doing so because this is the second time it has popped up in 2 months and a new car shouldn't be having these issues.

Sponsored

2018MUSTANGGT10R80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
From the owners manual, Your vehicle is equipped with a lifetime fuel filter that is integrated with the fuel tank. Regular maintenance or replacement is not needed.

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've just had this exact issue the other day. Taking it in tomorrow.
I took mine in and by the time I had the appointment, the CEL went away. They were able to pull it from memory and said it was probably a fluke and since the car drives fine there is nothing to worry about. I told the tech this is the second time this happened and his reply was next time bring it in the moment I get the CEL. I called the next day when this CEL came up and they gave me an appointment that was 5 days in the future by that time the CEL went away. Go figure.

cmoneys550gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I took mine in and by the time I had the appointment, the CEL went away. They were able to pull it from memory and said it was probably a fluke and since the car drives fine there is nothing to worry about. I told the tech this is the second time this happened and his reply was next time bring it in the moment I get the CEL. I called the next day when this CEL came up and they gave me an appointment that was 5 days in the future by that time the CEL went away. Go figure.
Yes they are telling me it's probably a glitch. Said to bring it back if it happens again.

SamB11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any update on this? Mine started doing it as well
Sponsored