Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Update....

This latest tune is very good. Driving around for about 60 miles yesterday it was very OEM like. I give it a big thumbs up :thumbsup: for daily driving with power on tap. Trans shifts are smooth and finds the right gear as needed.

Whipple's effort on the tune development is really starting to show. The package is now behaving like I wanted when I decided on this power adder solution.

Make sure you reach out to them to get the latest tune.

Rob
Sponsored

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
Is there a way to see what Whipple tune version is in the car? Blower was installed at the dealer so I don't know what process they went through to flash the whipple tune or what tune they used. Was only installed a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Also you can put the Tomahawk SD card on a PC and look at the .bin file on it. That is the tune file. The filename has the version in the name.

Rob

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Whipple has released a major tune update late last week.

Maybe @Whipple SC can make a quick post about whats updated.

I was told that all 18-19 whipple mustangs need to update to this latest version.

Sponsored

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
Whipple has released a major tune update late last week.

Maybe @Whipple SC can make a quick post about whats updated.

I was told that all 18-19 whipple mustangs need to update to this latest version.
I Still haven't received the new update. Hopefully this week.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I have the update. The transmission cal is much better and there appears to be differences in the cat protect function.

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
Did you request the cal?
Yes last week. I was told probably Monday id have it. Still don't have it. My car is also stuck on the 1st calibration none of the other tunes have worked they have sent me. They also suggested that i may have something hooked up wrong (the imrc) apparently the instructions were wrong that went out with some kits. I haven't looked yet to see if mines hooked up wrong. Pretty dissapointed so far with the whipple tuning.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes last week. I was told probably Monday id have it. Still don't have it. My car is also stuck on the 1st calibration none of the other tunes have worked they have sent me. They also suggested that i may have something hooked up wrong (the imrc) apparently the instructions were wrong that went out with some kits. I haven't looked yet to see if mines hooked up wrong. Pretty dissapointed so far with the whipple tuning.
If you've got something hooked up wrong then it wouldn't be a tune issue.

Sponsored

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
If you've got something hooked up wrong then it wouldn't be a tune issue.
The first tune they gave me works fine so im assuming everything is hooked up fine. Just none of the revisions they've sent me have worked. I just got the new tune in the email 5 minutes ago so I'm going to go try it and see what happens.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
The first tune they gave me works fine so im assuming everything is hooked up fine. Just none of the revisions they've sent me have worked. I just got the new tune in the email 5 minutes ago so I'm going to go try it and see what happens.
If it doesn't work, swap the plug. It takes a minute or two and if that is the issue, the newer tunes should work fine after you swap.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not necessarily. The IMRC connection is for your IAT2 sensor and from what I’ve gathered from other people that hooked them up wrong, the newer revisions of tunes reacted differently than older if it was hooked up wrong. So it might just be less safeguards in the older tune allowing it to run better.

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
Not necessarily. The IMRC connection is for your IAT2 sensor and from what I’ve gathered from other people that hooked them up wrong, the newer revisions of tunes reacted differently than older if it was hooked up wrong. So it might just be less safeguards in the older tune allowing it to run better.
Well the new tune doesn't work either so it must be the harness needs to be switched around. Going to try that now and see what happens.

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
Switching the plugs around worked. the new update tune works on my car. This tune is definitely not as powerful as the first tune i recieved though. I definitely can tell a difference in the power between the two.
Sponsored