Sponsored

GT500 takes to the street and track in Las Vegas

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
I'm most interested in the wing as I am not sure I want to go for the bigasswang APR for track events. I bet it will be a pretty penny through the parts dept.
Sponsored

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
I hate people who have more to say about themselves than they do about the car. Proof is in the pudding...this car had better be a beast we have been waiting for so long!

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Hes on the hook for saying "Venom kills Demons". Hes also on the hook for saying this car runs 10s. I would say hes on the hook for A LOT, but apparently hes worked for BOTH Ford and Shelby. Hes not gonna say something that doesn't have validity to it.

Time will tell tho.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I will say the car will def run 10's, It's simple math at this point. You take a GT and toss (insert F/I here) and that car, exp a A10, and it will go into the 10's. Not gutted. With a driver's mod btw, exp up north. Now you take a 5.2, 2600 TVS, mag shocks and a DCT ? Top it all off with engineering built for the purpose....not a add-on but purpose built ? And somehow this car would be slower ??? Let's think on this...

The car will be in the 10's I say 10.7 or lower on street setup. That is what I am thinking, and truth be told I think we will see it when it hit.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I will say the car will def run 10's, It's simple math at this point. You take a GT and toss (insert F/I here) and that car, exp a A10, and it will go into the 10's. Not gutted. With a driver's mod btw, exp up north. Now you take a 5.2, 2600 TVS, mag shocks and a DCT ? Top it all off with engineering built for the purpose....not a add-on but purpose built ? And somehow this car would be slower ??? Let's think on this...

The car will be in the 10's I say 10.7 or lower on street setup. That is what I am thinking, and truth be told I think we will see it when it hit.
I agree. But under WOT and prob drag mode the a10 shifts faster than a PDK. Atleast thats what GM says in their version without drag mode.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Given the current political climate as well as a rather bleak future for the internal combustion engine, I'm just thankful that there were a few left at Ford that were able to make this happen.
I just completed my survey from buying the R. It's annoyingly long to say the least. But also, I couldn't help but notice that there were very many questions designed to gage interest in electric and hybrid vehicles for future purchase. Of course my responses were basically ZERO interest. It's coming people. Enjoy it while you can.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
At least he didn't say "After your 1st. run the track officials will force you to put on a parachute(i.e. faster than 150 in the 1/4). What this car can or cannot do is not the big deal to me. The big deal is not being able to buy one because every jerk dealer will want to bend you over for the ADM.

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am still bugged by that GT500 mule that had a roll cage. For a mule, that thing sure had a production fit and finish to it. I still think Ford may have a roll cage as an option for people with a desire to drag their GT500.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Hes on the hook for saying "Venom kills Demons". Hes also on the hook for saying this car runs 10s. I would say hes on the hook for A LOT, but apparently hes worked for BOTH Ford and Shelby. Hes not gonna say something that doesn't have validity to it.

Time will tell tho.
Like I said. He’s a “car salesman”.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I am still bugged by that GT500 mule that had a roll cage. For a mule, that thing sure had a production fit and finish to it. I still think Ford may have a roll cage as an option for people with a desire to drag their GT500.
It's just another Mustang as far as roll cage fitment goes. All the GT350s and Mustang GTs at the track attack have roll cages as well.

Sponsored

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
There is absolutely no shot of that happening.
A stock 2018 GT can trap @ 120mph, so 15mph faster with an additional 300hp might be within the realm of feasibility, assuming it can put the power down.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I’m sorry. I can only take so much of Jim. I know who he is and what his job is. But to me, he’s a used car salesman. All talk, no facts.
Venom kills Demons. Yeah on a road course. I know the demon is a straight line only car, but he should of never made that statement.
I love the GT500 but ford is taking to long and as much as I want one, I’m keeping my R and not adding a GT500 for awhile.
Jim is a good friend. He is a very intelligent individual and as passionate as anyone about the cars. He believes in what he says, unlike a used car salesman. He is the marketing manager and as you eluded to, he has a job to do. We are lucky to have guys like Jim still at Ford. Jim spend a vast majority of time, on track, in the GT350 and he is a good driver as well. He is an ally in our world.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Jim is a good friend. He is a very intelligent individual and as passionate as anyone about the cars. He believes in what he says, unlike a used car salesman. He is the marketing manager and as you eluded to, he has a job to do. We are lucky to have guys like Jim still at Ford. Jim spend a vast majority of time, on track, in the GT350 and he is a good driver as well. He is an ally in our world.
I have never met him, but I like Jim Owens from what I have seen and know about him. However he did get everyone (including me) thinking that the GT500 would be a high 9 second 1/4 mile car with the famous Venom Kills Demons statement.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have never met him, but I like Jim Owens from what I have seen and know about him. However he did get everyone (including me) thinking that the GT500 would be a high 9 second 1/4 mile car with the famous Venom Kills Demons statement.
Time will tell
Sponsored