GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Well the other troubling thing to me was that he said to replace the dash but clearly they did not. I have found with all car sales deals trust but verify.
Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, salesman are generally not very knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this. He was likely told they needed to change it out, but service dept took a shortcut and just changed the settings.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You're not saving nearly enough $$ to go thru this kind of hassle..... And youll get less for it moving forward being a US import so its a no win situation IMO

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have a Canadian Mustang brought to the US. Under user settings, you can change the language and miles readout. The daylight running lights cannot be changed unless you program the car with aftermarket software.

CVCashmere

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Good news! I am flying to Dallas to get a BRAND NEW Bullitt this coming week. Very good price. Magneride, Electronics package and the cover. 12 miles on the odometer.

My first brand new Mustang since 1982.

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have a Canadian Mustang brought to the US. Under user settings, you can change the language and miles readout. The daylight running lights cannot be changed unless you program the car with aftermarket software.

CVCashmere
Sorry to bounce an old thread.

Have you actually done the coding change to turn off the DRL on the Canadian car? If so, can you share the details?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sorry to bounce an old thread.

Have you actually done the coding change to turn off the DRL on the Canadian car? If so, can you share the details?
How did you know it was Canadian? Did it have a habit of saying "EH" or celebrate boxing day? I thought these were all made in Flat Rock?

Desert Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How did you know it was Canadian? Did it have a habit of saying "EH" or celebrate boxing day? I thought these were all made in Flat Rock?
I bought one used with 9,000 miles and owned it a week before I realized it was a Canadian car. Only way I can tell is the door sticker. My dash is all in MPH. No idea on the DRL.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
before I bought mine, I got ahold of the build sheet which is where I noticed it. Later I got the window sticker and that shows it as well. It also has the maple leaf in the door pillar sticker. My cluster is in MPH, but redline is incorrect apparently Canadian cars use the pre-2018 clusters for some reason. But the low beams are always on, but just at like half brightness.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
before I bought mine, I got ahold of the build sheet which is where I noticed it. Later I got the window sticker and that shows it as well. It also has the maple leaf in the door pillar sticker. My cluster is in MPH, but redline is incorrect apparently Canadian cars use the pre-2018 clusters for some reason. But the low beams are always on, but just at like half brightness.
Say what?
Canadian Bullitts have incorrect redlines?
And what do you mean, pre-2018 clusters, as there were neither Bullitts nor 12-inch LCD digital instrument clusters in 2015-2017? (No Bullitts pre-2019, for that matter.)
Sorry for all the questions but it sounds to me like while your car may be Canadian, it ainā€™t no Bullitt.
Btw, itā€™s not just you; thereā€™s lots of strange inaccuracies in this thread.
Like one guy who seems to think all Canadians speak French (lots of us do, many more donā€™t) or at least that our cars all do (no again, but itā€™s a set-up option, along with other languages, sometimes many, depending on the car).
And, hey (or should I say eh?), while Iā€™m at it, letā€™s get another thing straight: all Bullitts are, in fact, Canadian, as the engines are made here.
I mean, itā€™s not like itā€™s made by the Ford Wheel and Chassis Company, right?

Last edited:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Say what?
Canadian Bullitts have incorrect redlines?
And what do you mean, pre-2018 clusters, as there were neither Bullitts nor 12-inch LCD digital instrument clusters in 2015-2017? (No Bullitts pre-2019, for that matter.)
Sorry for all the questions but it sounds to me like while your car may be Canadian, it ainā€™t no Bullitt.
Btw, itā€™s not just you; thereā€™s lots of strange inaccuracies in this thread.
Like one guy who seems to think all Canadians speak French (lots of us do, many more donā€™t) or at least that our cars all do (no again, but itā€™s a set-up option, along with other languages, sometimes many, depending on the car).
And, hey (or should I say eh?), while Iā€™m at it, letā€™s get another thing straight: all Bullitts are, in fact, Canadian, as the engines are made here.
I mean, itā€™s not like itā€™s made by the Ford Wheel and Chassis Company, right?
Oh wow, I am an idiot! Had no idea I was commenting in the bullitt sub forum! I saw the US vs Canadian thing and stopped reading. Anyway, that aside, in terms of the regular GT, my comments stand. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø In terms of the bullitt, I have no idea. Sorry.

Bamastangbham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffery
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The Canadian deal has been axed. The car's dial stays KM but the digital readout is in MPH. Deal breaker. Thanks for all your input.
I have Canadian bullitt live in US my cluster will change from mph to km buy the car its nothing to worry about

MartyM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Purchased a 2020 Bullitt made for sale by a Canadian dealer. After 2 Canadian dealers could not sell them, they were sold to Auto Showcase of Carol Stream, IL. They sold it to me with 300 miles on odometer. As it was shipped 1000 miles it was dirty when delivered. A quick hosing and microfiber wipe down and b the car shined showtoom new.

Things I discovered were the DRL (required in NYS) and the issue of the MPH only being shown in digital readout. This I've easily learned to live with after it was confirmed an instrument cluster replacement was the only solution.

One nagging question, although the seats are the beautiful and comfortable Recaro leather, they only have manual controls. Does the car made for US dealers have electronic seat controls?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Purchased a 2020 Bullitt made for sale by a Canadian dealer. After 2 Canadian dealers could not sell them, they were sold to Auto Showcase of Carol Stream, IL. They sold it to me with 300 miles on odometer. As it was shipped 1000 miles it was dirty when delivered. A quick hosing and microfiber wipe down and b the car shined showtoom new.

Things I discovered were the DRL (required in NYS) and the issue of the MPH only being shown in digital readout. This I've easily learned to live with after it was confirmed an instrument cluster replacement was the only solution.

One nagging question, although the seats are the beautiful and comfortable Recaro leather, they only have manual controls. Does the car made for US dealers have electronic seat controls?
Nope, all Ford supplied Recaroā€™s are manual. šŸ™
Sponsored