Sponsored

Quarter mile times on 10 Speed Roush Phase 1?

nate-roth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I've been a Mopar guy for over 10 years so not up to speed on the Ford aftermarket side of things.

Which of these is the most cost effective yet as reliable as the Roush?
I think the most popular options have been the Whipple, Procharger, and now Edelbrock kits. Any of these would be just as reliable as the Roush. Of those three I think Edelbrock has the most attractive warranty options. The reliability will be dictated by the tune and how you choose to abuse the car or use it in an educated fashion i.e don't beat on it pull after pull, make sure coolant and oil temp are warm before boosting, etc.
Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I've been a Mopar guy for over 10 years so not up to speed on the Ford aftermarket side of things.

Which of these is the most cost effective yet as reliable as the Roush?
One reason Roush is considered reliable is because they use very conservative tuning so if you want more performance you end up edging close to voiding the warranty.

bpoutsider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
11.4 at 122 on the Roush tune was best I could get....and that was in decent air for Houston. You will learn that the Roush tune pretty much sucks. NA cars are getting into the 10's pretty regularly now, which makes these numbers almost embarrassing for Roush. The PBD tune and E-85 with Fore 1L fuel system started to wake things up. 10.3 @ 141 is my best on this setup, but I think I can get a hair better working on my launch. But she's getting a 100 shot next week, so hopefully solid 9's are coming soon. After that, I think I'll be tapped out of significant options to upgrade power. Its a decent system, but it has a low ceiling, and heat is a pretty significant problem in the summertime.

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There is only so much you can do with the Roush, sadly they missed the mark on the 18+ kits and used too small of a intercooler. You'd be looking at spraying meth or nitrous to bring the temps down and make reliable power over extended pulls or races
This x2.

If you want a dead balls reliable setup with a warranty and are happy with 5-600whp for the foreseeable future then the Roush will be the ticket. But as Kona said, these things aren't designed to be spun much harder than they are from Roush and still make power. They get hot REAL fast and start pulling timing/closing the throttle body. If you want a 2650, I'd recommend the Edlebrock setup instead.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The updated 2019 GT Roush tuned A10 cars in good air have run 10.8@128 on 93
I think that's pretty good, with a warranty?

Sure NA cars have too, but on no warranty, bigs and littles, E85 and a stall converter, headers, not cats, cai etc
I have has many fast cars, u give up some drive-ability with the verter, and losing the warranty is horrible if u break the engine :eek:)

Dont get me wrong those NA are impressive but losing a warranty, no thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I live in a hot climate. If tires are even they run close to e85 tune only Gen 3. I know that sounds crazy. The gen 2 seems much better. Save 10 grand. Better ways to run a mid 11...

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The updated 2019 GT Roush tuned A10 cars in good air have run 10.8@128 on 93
I think that's pretty good, with a warranty?

Sure NA cars have too, but on no warranty, bigs and littles, E85 and a stall converter, headers, not cats, cai etc
I have has many fast cars, u give up some drive-ability with the verter, and losing the warranty is horrible if u break the engine :eek:)

Dont get me wrong those NA are impressive but losing a warranty, no thanks
Most don’t have a converter except the steeda car. Bigs and littles are needed for any quick car. Saying you saw a Roush car go 10.8 on street tires? There is no drivability issues with a bolt on e85 18. I would like to see the 10.8 stock Roush car if you have a link. Other systems such as whipple have warranty and then a lot of room to grow. Most people aren’t concerned about blowing their engine with a few bolt ons.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
First off where in my post did I say street tires?

Drag Radials on stock wheels would make that 10.80@128 happen with the Rousch. In 90 degree air, my buddies Rousch ran 11.1@128 at E town in a slick Honda filled water spewing track prep. and that had a road race suspension and a lot of body mods, heavy car. IMO a 301a 10sp GT would’ve clicked off a high 10 that day

There is more convertered 10 Sec cars than u think, not all but some and access to E85 isn’t a given in certain states.

I believe the warranty Rousch supplies is a bit better vs the others being through Ford. I even think it’s free, vs cost from others. Don’t get me wrong, a whipple or edelbrock will run quicker but some peeps are concerned with a warranty.

Me for one

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-roush-phase-1-a10-goes-10s.112630/

Last edited:

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You don't need a converter to go 10's N/A with an A10 car. It will help, sure but people have done it without.

Everything else is pretty accurate, bolt-on's, e85, 'good' tune, tire and great air will get you there.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And no warranty
Again the NA Cars are flying but not everybody has E85

It’s all good gentleman, we all have options

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
My fastest run in my 2018 with the Roush setup has been a 12.2 at 124 :) I can't launch. :tumbleweed:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
A10 or Stick
Street Tire or Drag Radials?
Weather conditions?

r
Street tires. Michelin Pilots.
A10 Performance Package. 300a package (No drag mode)
Think the DA was around 2000 and the temp was 50-55ish.
Sponsored