Sponsored

OAR dropping

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Anyone had there OAR dropping? I’ve tried getting gas from different gas stations and have replaced the plugs. Still my OAR drops to about a -.6
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Talk to your tuner, that is bad, I had it caused by bad sparks and the first thing Adam said (we have the same tuner) is to not push the car hard until its sorted out.

In my case the last change was sparks where I stuffed it up.

How did you do the sparks? what gap? Any chance you damaged them when gapping? what torque did you use?

OP
OP
raceredecobeast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Talk to your tuner, that is bad, I had it caused by bad sparks and the first thing Adam said (we have the same tuner) is to not push the car hard until its sorted out.

In my case the last change was sparks where I stuffed it up.

How did you do the sparks? what gap? Any chance you damaged them when gapping? what torque did you use?
Adam asked about the plugs which I bought from him pre gapped. I replaced them again and made sure it was torqued right. Still had the same issue. Bought new plugs from him and replaced coil packs to be safe. Same issue. Reflashed my car to a OTS tune from Cobb and it all went away. No dropping of my OAR or negative corrections on any of the cylinders. Contacted a local speed shop who is going to run it on a dyno and tune it properly after I install the Turbonetics NX2 turbo and ETS intercooler.
Sponsored